new car 73k MAINT

TheYeti

Established Member
Hey everyone, so it looks like I might be getting a Cobra soon after all. The car currently has about 72,500 miles on it and was wondering why maintenance I should do on the car when I get it. The seller says that all the recommended maintenance has been done on it and that the car has never been modded.

I checked out cobrabob's FAQs and I will change the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, eaton oil and tranny fluid. Is there anything that I am missing? I will be taking the car in to be inspected prior to purchasing.

TheYeti

Established Member
some of the stuff I can do myself (air filter, oil change, maybe eaton oil) but with the tranny fluid change, differential fluid change,and coolant flush should I just take it to a Ford dealership? Any ideas on the cost of each?

mi_l123

JDM = Just Dust ME
Established Member
you can pretty much do all of it yourself, but if your not comfortable take it to a local shop first and get a quote, but if you feel more safe taking it to a ford dealership you should.

TheYeti

Established Member
yeah tranny fluid, coolant flush and differential might be a lil much for me. Thanks for the help...

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Congrats!! :beer: ...DSG?? ... looks like you have most of it covered! ...Make sure to re-fill the coolant through the cross-over tube! :D

TheYeti

Established Member
Congrats!! :beer: ...DSG?? ... looks like you have most of it covered! ...Make sure to re-fill the coolant through the cross-over tube! :D

yeah hopefully will be a DSG convertible. Dont have it yet but things are moving along smoothly. Looks like it will be about 2 weeks though before I pick it up, if everything goes well. :rockon:

DocB

Established Member
A suggestion you might want to consider.

If you take it to a dealership, make sure you stay with the car and watch while the tech works on the car. Also, if the tech needs to take the car out for a "spin", make sure you go with him.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you can't stay there at the dealership and you're concerned about a joyride, you can always discuss your concerns with the service adviser. I know the dealer I used back when I had my '03 Cobra was VERY strict about who worked on 2003-2004 Cobras and who test drove them after the work was done. I would at least tell the dealer you don't want the car driven on a freeway, and make sure the exact mileage is noted on the service ticket. Then check the mileage when you pick up the car.

TheYeti

Established Member
Cool. Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses. Hope it works out cause this is my dream car....

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
+1, good suggestion. Tech's love when a car like this comes in!!

A suggestion you might want to consider.

If you take it to a dealership, make sure you stay with the car and watch while the tech works on the car. Also, if the tech needs to take the car out for a "spin", make sure you go with him.

Users who are viewing this thread