New car question

97cobra...

Established Member
So my dad ordered a 2013 camaro ss it showed up last night we went to pick it up today and the car has 246 miles on it already rock chips on the rear bumper right by the tires and some one curbed the front bumper while parking it or somthing and a few other imperfections here and there he was told the car was perfect and only had 40 miles on it now he's pissed and doesn't want that car anymore... So the question is what are his legal rights or is he stuck with that car ? The car was shipped from Montana to Washington thru the dealership

97cobra...

Established Member
That's what we did today we left the car at the dealership the Manager tryed really damn hard to get my dad to drive the car but he refused too

LogiWorld123

Established Member
That's what we did today we left the car at the dealership the Manager tryed really damn hard to get my dad to drive the car but he refused too

good man. we did the same to my mom's escape. they towed it from texas and the thing was rock chipped to hell. they said they would replace the bumper cover, said they would knock off the price, we just walked out. no need to have a new car that you paid tens of thousands of dollars for that's already got something wrong with it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't blame your dad a bit. Did they drive it from Montana to Washington? Depending on the start and end point that could account for the mileage jump. Regardless, the condition of the car when it arrived is the issue. The dealer will take a fair hit on this one now. Increased mileage plus damage he has to fix and/or disclose to a future buyer.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
What a bummer. All excited to pick up a new car and then this. I would have been pissed that the car was damaged. But I would have been more pissed that the dealer expected me to accept a new car in that condition. I would have to get my deposit back, so I could pay off the disorderly conduct fine.

97cobra...

Established Member
No they sent out a trailer to get it and bring it back and some how no one cared to check for the imperfections on pick up and drop off till my dad started to notice them all lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It sounds like they drove it back to the dealership.

The transport companies are really good at citing damages and what not on pick up and drop off, because it's their a$$ if they don't.

I'm sure they did a dealer transfer and just had a driver go get it. Unless they were going to charge you upwards of $400 for pick up, I'm sure they did not haul it.

Robert Francis

Established Member
Good for your dad! His intention was to purchase a "new" vehicle from the factory - not one with 246 miles on it and beat up!

And shame on the dealer for trying to get your dad to accept what he "did not" order without compensation!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Its the heavens way of telling him to get a Ford

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Keep us updated. Last thing I would want when I order a new vehicle is for some junior sales douche to hop in and get it for me.

o2gt

Established Member
he should not have to take the car. if you have time look at the UCC that is the commerciall code it will help explain what he can do. the good in this case a car can be refused. if he does decide to accept the car he should get a deduction of the price. for example in this case the cost of repair and a deduction for the milage i would guess the milage deduction would not be very much. alternatively he could have them fix the damage if he is so inclined.

Josh

coposrv

Established Member
Good for your dad. I probably would have driven away then bitched on the forums until RDJ sets me straight somehow. I'm sure the dealer will work something out if they're sure your dad will be a hardass.

canibus

Established Member
He'll no would I take it. When I bought my car, the hood has some noticeable scratches on it. They weren't deep, just barely over the clear coat. I made a big stink and they knocked off 750 from my total. I payed a detailer 100 bucks and he took them off. **** you dealer. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread