New cobra 683 RWHP?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Hmm, what do GT's normally dyno with those bolt-ons? The GT-500 will be less of course, (no twin screw :cryying: ). It should give you an idea however, I think GT's with a pulley/tune/catback dyno around that. There is no way a roots s/c could be just as efficent with inferior heads. :shrug:

roadracer247

Established Member
Well there is no point in calling bullshit since none of us know anything for sure...unless you have that motor and have done those mods.

Last edited:

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I believe it.

Look at what the GT's are doing (600+rwhp) with under 20#'s of boost. If they make a pulley small enough (upper assuming), than 20+pounds could easily make more if the blowers efficient enough (which I believe it is)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I find that hard to believe. That little eaton would have to be pushing close to and probably above 21psi. And it will not do that. At least not efficiently. Hell, the Ford GT with it's Whipple has trouble making over 650 with 21 PSI. Plus how did they get that much boost to it? It has been all but confirmed that a lower swap though doable is almost pointless because there is not enough room to go much larger with the stock crank pulley. Maybe half of an inch at the most. I bet this is with a turbo at around 17-18 PSI. Or at the least a Whipple transplant.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
ITSTOCK said:
I believe it.

Look at what the GT's are doing (600+rwhp) with under 20#'s of boost. If they make a pulley small enough (upper assuming), than 20+pounds could easily make more if the blowers efficient enough (which I believe it is)

The GT has a whipple. And this thing made over 680 rwhp. A ford GT would need over 21 PSI on the whipple to do that.

Fourcam330

Established Member
As already stated it's 638rw not 683, mind as well delete this misinfo now.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That does make more sense, but there is still much that we will have to wait on. Like drivability at that level of power, and will the internals hold up to it. I hope they do. And exactly what all was envolved with it making that much power.

-Jeff

slow02GT

Fourcam330 said:
As already stated it's 638rw not 683, mind as well delete this misinfo now.

ok was typing a little fast....quit getting your panties in a bunch....

Users who are viewing this thread