New cobra 683 RWHP?

Fourcam330

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
That does make more sense, but there is still much that we will have to wait on. Like drivability at that level of power, and will the internals hold up to it. I hope they do. And exactly what all was envolved with it making that much power.

-Jeff

Drivability with a pos. displacement blower, stock cams, and a 5.4? Come on Jeff :beer:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Fourcam330 said:
Drivability with a pos. displacement blower, stock cams, and a 5.4? Come on Jeff :beer:

Yeah, I didn't mean to type drivability, and after I posted it I thought about changing it. I meant to say the ability to be driven on the street with pump gas.

-Jeff

Fourcam330

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Yeah, I didn't mean to type drivability, and after I posted it I thought about changing it. I meant to say the ability to be driven on the street with pump gas.

-Jeff

Gotcha, FWIW, any FI vehicle that I own/will own will have at least a few gallons of 100-104 unleaded mixed in with 93 if it makes 675rw or more. Definitely cheap insurance by comparison to a blown motor. Pump gas is salad oil.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
fastkars.com said:
Hmm, what do GT's normally dyno with those bolt-ons? The GT-500 will be less of course, (no twin screw :cryying: ). It should give you an idea however, I think GT's with a pulley/tune/catback dyno around that. There is no way a roots s/c could be just as efficent with inferior heads. :shrug:
the shelby has the same heads bud!

SlowSVT

Established Member
The flow rate of the heads will not make a big difference on a blown motor. If your going to be pushing 20 lbs. of boost then count replacing the Eaton and running very expensive race gas and make sure you don't wander too far away from that pump.

Fourcam330

Established Member
SlowSVT said:
The flow rate of the heads will not make a big difference on a blown motor. If your going to be pushing 20 lbs. of boost then count replacing the Eaton and running very expensive race gas and make sure you don't wander too far away from that pump.

Where did that come from?

4.6speed

Established Member
kyStang1889 said:
has ford released any teste 1/4 mile times yet?
This is what im waiting for, we can throw around HP numbers all day, I just want to see some bone stock and pullied 1/4 mile times.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
it's upsetting to know that the GT500 still has an eaton. I retract my previous statement...

SlowSVT

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Where did that come from?

Guys with fully ported Cobra heads reported only about 25 hp increase. You will get a greater benefit from a ported head on a NA engine where the engine needs all the flow it can get. On a blown engine all one need to do is turn the boost up a little to get the same benefit.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The GT500 has dual 62 mm TB and yes, it's computer controlled. I don't know what effect will be with swapping that out with a cable and bypassing the computer. I image the 05 GT Mustang guys know the answer to that.

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
1/4 numbers I have seen have been about 12.5 but I know they have more in them than that, we will see what happens.

Fourcam330

Established Member
SlowSVT said:
Guys with fully ported Cobra heads reported only about 25 hp increase. You will get a greater benefit from a ported head on a NA engine where the engine needs all the flow it can get. On a blown engine all one need to do is turn the boost up a little to get the same benefit.

I don't disagree with you, but I must've missed where someone said something to the contrary.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
fastkars.com said:
Hmm, what do GT's normally dyno with those bolt-ons? The GT-500 will be less of course, (no twin screw :cryying: ). It should give you an idea however, I think GT's with a pulley/tune/catback dyno around that. There is no way a roots s/c could be just as efficent with inferior heads. :shrug:

They are the SAME heads and cams as the GT.

A GT dynos the same with JUST a pulley change.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
crispy23c said:
I thought they were the same exact heads, with a different grind on the cams..a little less aggressive. Am I wrong?

I have heard the same thing too, but never really thought that much about it because the cam in the Ford GT is not what I would call that aggressive either, so there is probably only a slight difference in the grind.

-Jeff

TORQUERULES

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I have heard the same thing too, but never really thought that much about it because the cam in the Ford GT is not what I would call that aggressive either, so there is probably only a slight difference in the grind.

-Jeff

Actually, I have heard that the cams and heads are exact carry overs.

Users who are viewing this thread