New Daily Driver!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice!
What interior package did you go with? 801 or 802?
It's crazy, around here all the SCABS ordered to dealers are fully loaded. Yet, I see base Screws here and there.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Very nice!
What interior package did you go with? 801 or 802?
It's crazy, around here all the SCABS ordered to dealers are fully loaded. Yet, I see base Screws here and there.

I ended up going with the 802 package. Mine is fully loaded minus the graphics packages. I didn't want all the fancy stuff, but I did want a few extra things that I couldn't get without ordering the entire package, so I bit the bullet and did it. I couldn't be happier now that I have the truck. Everything from the heated and cooled seats to the stereo to the LED package makes the truck amazing to drive on long trips.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
The sticker is home!

SVT sticker.jpg

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member

I took it out to the Dumont Dunes and had a blast! I also just purchased a GoPro with a mount to really get my stupidity with a $70k truck on film.

As it turns out, while I'm great at mudding because I'm from Oklahoma, sand is a totally different beast. lol. The video is when I went too slowly across the top of a dune and BURIED it in sand.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

I took it out to the Dumont Dunes and had a blast! I also just purchased a GoPro with a mount to really get my stupidity with a $70k truck on film.

As it turns out, while I'm great at mudding because I'm from Oklahoma, sand is a totally different beast. lol. The video is when I went too slowly across the top of a dune and BURIED it in sand.

Where's the rest of the video??? Nice truck btw!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! The new Raptor is indeed a beast. I predict you're going to post a lot of fun events you take on. Good thing you love to detail your rides. That paint is going to beg for your constant attention, but it will be worth it. :)

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Very nice. I'm on the fence about trading in or keeping mine (had it 4 years now). I have yet to see a Gen2 in person.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Very nice. I'm on the fence about trading in or keeping mine (had it 4 years now). I have yet to see a Gen2 in person.
I can promise you it will be a positive move. Having owned a 12 and 14, I couldn't be happier with the move to the 17.
I ordered back in July, having never seen one and hoped for the best.
I have no complaints whatsoever.
Nothing beats a heated steering wheel when its 10 degrees outside, not that you have that issue in Texas.
The 14 already feels dated compared to the 17.
Go 802a and don't look back!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

Same. Might just sell mine and rock the beater till the 18's show up.

Seen them in person, all 3 were black. I like the side profile of the Gen 1 more, but the front is still very aggressive.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'm really tempted to park the 12 in the garage and keep it. It's been a good vehicle. Just need to convince the wife we need 2 Raptors :)

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Congratulations! The new Raptor is indeed a beast. I predict you're going to post a lot of fun events you take on. Good thing you love to detail your rides. That paint is going to beg for your constant attention, but it will be worth it. :)

Thanks! And I know, I'm looking forward to cleaning it on Sundays. lol. The main reason I detailed it before I went out to the dunes is I wanted to get some sealant on the paint before I got to the sand. When I sprayed the sand off afterwards the paint looked amazing just with that, so it was worth it!

I can promise you it will be a positive move. Having owned a 12 and 14, I couldn't be happier with the move to the 17.
I ordered back in July, having never seen one and hoped for the best.
I have no complaints whatsoever.
Nothing beats a heated steering wheel when its 10 degrees outside, not that you have that issue in Texas.
The 14 already feels dated compared to the 17.
Go 802a and don't look back!

I completely agree with this. I wasn't quite that bad since I ordered mine in Oct, but I have exactly zero regrets with the truck! I even got a chance to drag race an older one and the 17 pretty much smoke checked it. I can't wait for Ford Performance to come out with the power pack that's being talked about! I'm hoping for the same performance gains as they get on the ecoboost mustangs or better!

I'm really tempted to park the 12 in the garage and keep it. It's been a good vehicle. Just need to convince the wife we need 2 Raptors :)

2 Raptors would be AMAZING. lol. Find one and test drive it, man! Then again, you may not want to do that for fear of buying it on the spot....

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Want, want very very bad. I have seen a few in person, both black, and man they look just right. I would love to have one, just need to make more $ lol. I'd honestly probably rid of the 5.0 for one too, and that's saying a lot.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Congrats and good looking truck!

Thanks! I can honestly say I absolutely love it!

I picked up a GoPro! This was just a quick 0-100 mph run I did on a whim to test out the camera. From the time I actually start going to the time I let off the gas is around 14 seconds. So not bad at all.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Thanks! I can honestly say I absolutely love it!

I picked up a GoPro! This was just a quick 0-100 mph run I did on a whim to test out the camera. From the time I actually start going to the time I let off the gas is around 14 seconds. So not bad at all.

Very nice!

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member

Just some fun camping in Death Valley....

I get it airborne around the 4:25 mark.

Last edited:

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member

And this is where we were going through the LippinCott Pass to get to the racetrack in Death Valley!

I'm searching for a specific instance of video where the road was washed out and I hit a 20 degree lateral tilt driving on the wall with sheer death on the other side. lol

Users who are viewing this thread