New Dodge Camaro Dark horse 25k ADMs

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
The first time I ever seen it was on a 07 GT500. It sat for over a year in my local dealership. I have no idea what it ended up selling for.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
The prices of these new cars are completely out of control. For 2024, the cheapest V8 Mustang you can buy will sticker at 43K. WTF. This is really sad for those of us who enjoyed new 10K Mustang 5.0 LXs. This is likely another reason the hobby is dying. With these prices, I really don't feel bad throwing some money into my 92 coupe.

Somebody asked about 93 Cobras and ADMs. For us older guys who remember, 93 Cobras were sitting on lots and had a hard time selling. The shiny new SN95 was right around the corner and the fox body was old news. My local dealer had five of them sitting for months in the back of the lot.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
For me,

I was introduced to ADMs in the 1990s out on O'ahu [Hawaii].

It was across the board with every new make & model of car/truck ranging from $2,500 to $5K.... You name it... Ford/Chevy/VW/Nissan/Honda dealerships had that slip next to the window sticker.

They called it "Paradise-Tax".

..........................................................................................................................................................................

For me though I was able to get A/Z-Plan pricing on every Ford vehicle I or we purchased...
Except for the Focus RS... which I paid Invoice on with zero markup... when everyone else wanted 5 to 10K markups back in 2016/17.

I remember finding or stumbling onto deals "back-n-da-day".... and I couldn't say "no" to:

'03 Cobra: A/Z plan price PLUS $3000 Rebate & $2000 bonus trade-in
'04 SVTF: A/Z plan price PLUS $4250 Rebates
'12 GT500: A/Z plan price PLUS $2400 bonus trade-in
'01 SVTL: A/Z plan price [At a time when the new Silver color first arrived was marked up 5-10K]
'19 Ranger: A/Z plan price PLUS $7480 Rebates [Black-Friday Special aka $10K OFF Sticker]
...........................................................................................................................................................................

The way the current market is... probably gonna be awhile before deals start "jumping" at me again...

Last edited:

snakedoctor

Established Member
The prices of these new cars are completely out of control. For 2024, the cheapest V8 Mustang you can buy will sticker at 43K. WTF. This is really sad for those of us who enjoyed new 10K Mustang 5.0 LXs. This is likely another reason the hobby is dying. With these prices, I really don't feel bad throwing some money into my 92 coupe.

Somebody asked about 93 Cobras and ADMs. For us older guys who remember, 93 Cobras were sitting on lots and had a hard time selling. The shiny new SN95 was right around the corner and the fox body was old news. My local dealer had five of them sitting for months in the back of the lot.
My 04 cobra stickered for $37k…they were sitting on lots because the new body style had come out. I bought mine new for $29k out the door

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
First ADM I ever saw was in the early 90's on an RX-7. It was a dealer trade from Chicago. For a GT350 I refused to pay over and then the guy that listed the cars on the website made a mistake and posted a GT350 for MSRP. I printed off the page, drove over to Frankenmuth and bought it for list.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Not a fan of dark horse…. With that said, as much as mark ups suck, ultimately, it is supply and demand….. the market is supporting it, peepo are paying it…. Mark ups would not exist if it wasnt for the peepo… it is what it is at this point.

****ing hell I hate when I agree with you. It feels like kissing your sister…

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Some/many dealers DID add an ADM to the early 2003 Cobra stickers. I know for a fact that in late 2002, most Ford dealers in CT were marking the 2003 Cobra up by $3K to $5K. I was in the market then for a 2003 Cobra and after searching the state finally found a small Ford dealership in northern CT that was selling them at MSRP. I gladly drove 50 minutes to deal with that dealership.

Interesting. There were tons of dealers selling bellow sticker and there were rebates at some point. Of course this was much later in the production run.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t understand the hype around the Dark Horse. The name absolutely sucks. Thanks genz for the input on that one. In terms of the overall package. Meh at best.

Just LMAO if you pay an admin for that car.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t understand the hype around the Dark Horse. The name absolutely sucks. Thanks genz for the input on that one. In terms of the overall package. Meh at best.

Just LMAO if you pay an admin for that car.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

A bit of a headscratcher that it is not a Boss.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive never paid over sticker.. shit -- Ive actually never paid sticker. But I don't go chasing the latest "it" car in the Ford lineup either. I usually wait a while for things to die down to try and grab a deal.

I know, boring.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive never paid over sticker.. shit -- Ive actually never paid sticker. But I don't go chasing the latest "it" car in the Ford lineup either. I usually wait a while for things to die down to try and grab a deal.

I know, boring.

Nope, its using your brain. I still lol at all the admins people paid for 07 GT500’s.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

robvas

Established Member
I don’t understand the hype around the Dark Horse.
Just wait until all the cool kids are standing around a parking lot, using their keyfob or Ford app to rev their S650's!

Attachments

• caption.jpg
    caption.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 41

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Not surprised coming from Galpin Ford. One of the worst dealers to make a "deal" with. They'll defend the ADM's with pride.

Havent been car shopping myself inside that place since my brother bought his 2003 Cobra new at the time, surprisingly at MSRP

Users who are viewing this thread