I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It's Dark Whore!
--from Harlem
2190a09651a1bd4e09bbc8b877379929.gif

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
The prices of these new cars are completely out of control. For 2024, the cheapest V8 Mustang you can buy will sticker at 43K. WTF. This is really sad for those of us who enjoyed new 10K Mustang 5.0 LXs.
I didn't realize this. The last new mustang gt I priced was a 04 GT and that was a hair under 20k after discounts. Anyone with a decent job could pay the note on a 5 year loan. Not anymore...

floodstang

Established Member
My dealership got a 2005 Ford GT. It stickered for $150k. They sold it for $225k. The guy that bought, wrecked it not long after he picked it up. Not totaled, but a good amount of damage. I did get to beat the hell out of it before it got sold. Amazing car!

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Sadly, the performance crowd makes up the minority when it comes to vehicles.

The majority of the customer base, wants them just like they are.

The vehicle doesn't even need to be performance minded. It could be a truck, a car, etc..., that has a utilitarian purpose yet is sold with that mandate far out of control.

robvas

Established Member
Anyone remember back when you could get a new Hellcat for 55k with discounts (dealers couldn't get rid of them) and a used one sold in the 40's?

I see people paying $55k for a new mustang GT and I just shake my head. Not to mention $65 and up for a ****ing Mach 1

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
The vehicle doesn't even need to be performance minded. It could be a truck, a car, etc..., that has a utilitarian purpose yet is sold with that mandate far out of control.
I've been blaming the rona on Chyna but I'm starting to think it was the auto industry.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Maybe I’ve enter into “old man yelling at clouds” faze of my life but seriously the new mustangs don’t have AM but they kept just FM? Ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread