snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
My Christmas Tree wants to race yours

15392555803_254c01fc7d_b.jpg

Pants are so tight right now

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Also the car now has a 10pt chromolly cage w/ x door bars, no interior (even the carpet and headboard is gone). I have NASCAR style SPEK gauges going in with a carbon fiber stock car style dash, and replacing the steering column with a NASCAR woodward quick release system.

Basically my little NASCAR Cobra street drag racing version mutt.

As a confirmed NASCAR addict, I wholeheartedly approve of this car and eagerly await vids. Props to you, sir.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I love you build man. I remember coming down there to buy that rear end from ya. That was before u graduated and the car was still stock ish haha. Good times.

Thanks man! and by stock, it still had fuel injection haha. Hope everything is going well for you man

What is a compression coating? I know its the red coating on the piston but what is it made off?

MMR calls it their red hot fire coating, but I believe that's just a fancy way to call hard anodizing. It looks and feels like anodize, and that's what NHRA top fuel teams use.

As a confirmed NASCAR addict, I wholeheartedly approve of this car and eagerly await vids. Props to you, sir.

I've been a fan since I was a little kid and if I had it my way I would daily drive a sprint cup car, no doubt. I sincerely feel like a little kid thinking about this build.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
no unexpected issues with all of those corners and sharp edges on those pistons? they broke quite a few 'traditional rules' with that design.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I love the look of those pistons. How come you decided not to coat the skirts?

$$$, I didn't think it would be necessary, I want to keep heat away from the piston rings and I don't think coating the side skirts will really do anything for that

no unexpected issues with all of those corners and sharp edges on those pistons? they broke quite a few 'traditional rules' with that design.

Contacted Manley and they assured me they have ran this numerous times without any issues, so I'm in the safe.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Thanks guys! I have no set time yet, I have to mount the fuel cell in and take care of wiring the entire car by hand again. I also still want to do some runs with the stock shortblock + spray for funsies. This will be the first short block I've ever assembled, excited

Users who are viewing this thread