New dyno numbers...Stage 3 port

drkchk03svt

Established Member
adamb258 said:
Nice #'s thats the same setup i was going with but I backed out. Hows it feel with the port??

i am surprised I have nver seen you arodun plano before!

Wasup Adam. Jeff has the silver coupe that is always with me (like he said). I think you met him at the old Plano GTG before it got shut down.

Will

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
03slvrcobra said:
we are putting his new blower on tonite and should have some new numbers on his soon.

Sounds good, just let us know :coolman:

MTI LS1

Nice Jeff, sounds like they made some good power out of it.

They made 507/509 or close to there on pump after a couple of runs with mine and then 519/520 on Torco after like 8 pulls.

Guys at HPP definately know how to do it right. I will have a graph up also by tonight.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Great numbers, congrats! What did the folks at HPP have to say? They have been telling people for years that you'll never get 500+ hp with the Eaton on top! I guess now they know better!

03slvrcobra

Heat Soaked
Established Member
sambandit said:
Great numbers, congrats! What did the folks at HPP have to say? They have been telling people for years that you'll never get 500+ hp with the Eaton on top! I guess now they know better!

They were impressed with what mine did considering the mods I have. I saw many graphs with them making over 500hp there but they all had a lower pulley. They just said I have a strong motor, lol. We will see when I add the lower and nitours!!!!

03slvrcobra

Heat Soaked
Established Member
BigZach said:
Nice Jeff, sounds like they made some good power out of it.

They made 507/509 or close to there on pump after a couple of runs with mine and then 519/520 on Torco after like 8 pulls.

Guys at HPP definately know how to do it right. I will have a graph up also by tonight.

Nice numbers Zach. I think I might try a torco tune as soon as I get a BAP.

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
03slvrcobra said:
Depending on the nitrous i go with. If i do the nitrous and pulley at the same time, i'm going with a 2lb...if it's gonna be a while until i get nitrous, i'm going with the 4lb...that is what my buddy drkchk03svt has...we are putting his new blower on tonite and should have some new numbers on his soon.

03slvrcobraThats awesome and great numbers :thumbsup: I am also going to be doing that same combination as you since I have a 2.76 uppper. In a couple of months I am going with the 4lb lower... with the Steig Stage III port. However, do you think that the 2.76/4lb combination will run you at max boost and not be safe for our eatons? This is why I am also thinking of running the 2.93/4lb combination just in case the 2.76/4lb is to much boost. Well again awesome numbers and Manny and the guys @ HPP Racing are # 1 in Dallas in my opinion :rockon:

DR281

Established Member
sambandit said:

I hate that this is my first post, but I have to.
What do you know about what HPP has been telling people for years? We have had plenty make over 500rwhp, and 620+rwhp with nitrous.
We have known better for years, there is different blowers for different people. It depends on what the persons goals and expectations are.
You should check your info. before spouting out totally false information. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone was spouting out false info. about you and your business.

BTW Just keep thinking those puffs of black smoke coming out of the exhaust are rich puffs :rollseyes

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The more I look at the numbers the more impressed I am. Based on the work HPP has done for RaceRat (Tracey) and others I shouldn't be surprised. Again, congrats on the great numbers and the tune. Enjoy that monster!

I also want to (again) thank Steigy for introducing the porting for the Eaton. I remember back in late '02 there was a quest to make 500 rwhp and only a small handful got there with big boost and good tunes. Now with the porting of the Eaton people are routinely making 500-530rwhp without nitrous. Ain't it fun?

drkchk03svt

Established Member
DR281 said:
What do you know about what HPP has been telling people for years? We have had plenty make over 500rwhp, and 620+rwhp with nitrous.
We have known better for years, there is different blowers for different people. It depends on what the persons goals and expectations are.
You should check your info. before spouting out totally false information. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone was spouting out false info. about you and your business.

BTW Just keep thinking those puffs of black smoke coming out of the exhaust are rich puffs :rollseyes

LOL. Easy Manny!

I got the blower on yesterday and drove her around the block. It felt so much smoother. I did not get on it till we can get it tuned on Monday! Hopefully we will get some good numbers!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Will

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
DR281 said:

Because I have had multiple customers (more than I can count on one hand) tell me that HPP believes 500 HP isn't possible outta a Eaton car. I am not bad mouthing anyone, just stating what I have been told. They have told me that instead of building a car around a Eaton, HPP always tries to get people into a KB. If it isn't true, why are you taking such offense to this? This isn't a attack, if anything it's good news because it's obviously a strong running car....

Please don't take offense, I meant nothing by comment. You guys perform outstanding work and continually put out cars with great numbers. Some just believe in the Eaton more than others, and that's OK! :beer:

Last edited:

adamb258

Established Member
its about time you joined this site manny!

Lets please not get into a vendor war. Noone will ever touch my car besides HPP and from what I can tell scott is an excellent tuner and treats his customers very very well. take it for whats it worth but i beleive you guys are two of the best modular tuners in the country and you both have a lot to be very proud of.

Manny my blower is getting sent out next week and my exhaust will be comming in end of december so i will be calling soon to schedule an apointment for my tune!

Adam Bentley

03slvrcobra

Heat Soaked
Established Member
ASSASSIN said:
03slvrcobraThats awesome and great numbers :thumbsup: I am also going to be doing that same combination as you since I have a 2.76 uppper. In a couple of months I am going with the 4lb lower... with the Steig Stage III port. However, do you think that the 2.76/4lb combination will run you at max boost and not be safe for our eatons? This is why I am also thinking of running the 2.93/4lb combination just in case the 2.76/4lb is to much boost. Well again awesome numbers and Manny and the guys @ HPP Racing are # 1 in Dallas in my opinion :rockon:

My buddy has a 2.93 and a 4lb lower. His will be tuned soon. I will probably go with the 2.76 and 4lb lower. I do not think it is to much boost for the eaton. I will let you know which combo works better.

03slvrcobra

Heat Soaked
Established Member
CobraBob said:
The more I look at the numbers the more impressed I am. Based on the work HPP has done for RaceRat (Tracey) and others I shouldn't be surprised. Again, congrats on the great numbers and the tune. Enjoy that monster!

I also want to (again) thank Steigy for introducing the porting for the Eaton. I remember back in late '02 there was a quest to make 500 rwhp and only a small handful got there with big boost and good tunes. Now with the porting of the Eaton people are routinely making 500-530rwhp without nitrous. Ain't it fun?

Thanks Bob. I can't wait to do more!!!!!! But until then, I will very much enjoy what I have.

Users who are viewing this thread