New enigne pics. (Project Sniper)

NITMARE

Established Member
Btw, I just realized I said I used 1 1/2" tubing and that is incorrect. I used 1 3/4" tubing with 1 1/4" kickers

NITMARE

Established Member
Got the exhaust done...

Or...kinda...I got one side of the exhaust done. The pictures are pretty self explanatory. I always kind of liked the idea of side exhaust and since Vipers used it I decided to do my version of a side exhaust. I could have routed it out through the rocker panels but I think it ends up looking cheep on Mustangs and the exhaust hangs too low. So I came up with a road race/ aviation inspired setup. That's dual 3" pipes coming through the trim piece and the trim piece is 14 gauge aluminum with stainless torx head bolts to match the bolts on the rims....You guys that know mustangs will know there is no bottom access to that part of the body and that is true. What had to happen was the floor underneath where the rear seat used to be was cut out. The exhaust system does a bend up and over the frame rails. And down and out of the body. Once the other side is done a new raised floor section will be fabbed.

There is still some finish work to do on the trim plate..(like elongate the two top center holes so they are inline)

I suspect this will be a love it or hate it look. But this is a love it or hate it build so it makes sense. Now the hard part will be making the other side identical.

1002152gd6.jpg

1002142ao0.jpg

1002135dg3.jpg

1002126fl6.jpg

NITMARE

Established Member
More pics coming, I just snapped these quick on my way out of the shop today

NITMARE

Established Member
Chris_Scott - send the car on up and I would be happy to hook ya up ;-)

Sonic_Gt, Brucesvt - thanks guys

yoda - I don't foresee any problems. The exhaust will be wrapped and the whole interior will be covered with Dynamat heat shield

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sweet. I think you're going to have pretty much the most badass Mustang on the site.

NITMARE

Established Member
Glad you guys like it...as for having the most badass mustang on the site...I doubt that very much. But perhaps the most original

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I'm loving everything about, bud! I never knock anyone for going out and trying something different and putting their blood, sweat and tears into it. I've thought about doing something VERY similar to my exhaust and it's cool to see it being done. Good luck with the rest of the build and look forward to the end result!

-Graycen

Users who are viewing this thread