New enigne pics. (Project Sniper)

NITMARE

Established Member
goody03 I will be hitting a lot of event this coming year so you should be able to check her out. I plan on having it wrapped up by February...of course with this weather I won't be driving it till April :(

VenoGTX Thanks dude, that was the ultimate goal

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
That is awesome, can't wait to see video of it in action. Please keep us posted as to the progress.

red9450

Established Member
hmmm.....so your saying, I send you my sn95, and you send me one of these back? Pm me with what you are thinking as far as cost. Interested.

Z28

Established Member
Awsome work man, hopefully i'll see it around at meets this summer.

Raymond

slower than you
Established Member
Let me know when you drive down to Florida, haha. I'd love to see/hear/photograph this beast! Great work all around, top notch quality.

95ConvGT

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Established Member
I was going to say the exact same thing. I will be really eager to hear how it sounds. I am about to buy a 96 GTS and that is my biggest complaint is that it sounds like crap. I will subscribe to see what it sounds like running through the X.

Great Job on the entire build by the way, I love seeing projects like this especially when it is done by folks that have great attention to detail.

Dont think they made a 96 GTS

It was made into a 248A Package

NITMARE

Established Member
Ok, so I am done under the hood for awhile until some parts show up so it's time to wrap up the interior. The roll cage is my design, I did every bend and weld on it.it's not really built around any class in particular so it's a hodge podge of different styles that will be both effective and have some style to it. The basic cage is a 10 pint drag car style and then the door bars have a more road race inspired feel. It's all 1 1/2" tubing with 1" kickers. The double door bars are there for two reason. 1) I think it looks cool. 2) P.I.T. maneuvers happen :D I MIG welded this cage as I don't need it certified. The welds are all good but my anal retentive tendencies took over and I decided that I wanted to smooth out all the welds...that was a bad idea. I would say I have about 4-5 days into this process. It's been the most painstaking part of the build and I'm not totally sure it was worth smoothing them out...oh well it's almost done now. Also you will see a layer of "Cool-It" thermo blocker and that will be covered by Dynamat sound deadener. I want this to be a hard core performing car without feeling like it when you're just cruising down the road. I'm envious every time I get into a new car and noticing how smooth and quiet they are....The cage is just in gray primer for now. I bought some John Deere agriculture cast gray enamel today that I am going to thin out a little and shoot with my gun. I hate how cages always get scratched within a week of climbing in and out and I am hoping the enamel holds up better.

I still need to weld in the cross bar behind the dash and do the driver side door bars...I have to fit the dash a couple more times and I REALLY don't want to have to lift the damn thing over those bars more then one time

1002080xb4.jpg

1002087vw6.jpg

1002092ef1.jpg

1002110ln3.jpg

1002101ll3.jpg

1002113sx9.jpg

Also here is a shot of the panels that I used to tie the cage to the A-pillars of the car. This should literally not let any of the unibody move separately from the cage/frame

1002121ju6.jpg

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I love the way the cage looks, but you are killing it with those Kirkey's in there. If this is a true street cruiser, put those things back in the race car and get some Recaros or Sparcos. How about 05+ Viper seats to continue the trend?

I like the way you connected the cage and a-pillars, but put some holes in those plates like race cars do. it'll give you back a little weight and visibility.

jliddle

Established Member
+1 on the seats.

Corbeau's? Recaro's? Something a lil nicer. Full power seats would be sweet since your going all out anyways

NITMARE

Established Member
I love the seats. They are more comfortable then 90% of the "race look" seats out there and I love the amount of wrap around they have...plus they are like 10 pounds. I needed to save weight wherever I could and these are as light as it gets. You wouldn't believe it without sitting in them how comfortable they are.

The ONLY seats I would even consider putting in is a set of Status seats

As far as the pillar panels go, I had planned to dimple die them but they are too narrow...and there is no gap on the inside between the pillar and the bar so there is virtually no visibility lost.

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I love the way the cage looks, but you are killing it with those Kirkey's in there. If this is a true street cruiser, put those things back in the race car and get some Recaros or Sparcos. How about 05+ Viper seats to continue the trend?

I like the way you connected the cage and a-pillars, but put some holes in those plates like race cars do. it'll give you back a little weight and visibility.

I totally agree. Those seats are not very comfortable for long hauls.

NITMARE

Established Member
I totally agree. Those seats are not very comfortable for long hauls.

Have you sat in the Kirkey Road Race seats? Or just the regular dirt tracker or drag specials? These are the same units teams use for 24 hour races..I'm tellin ya, they're comfortable

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I had the Kirkey Pro Street Drag seats in my last car and drove it from Houston, TX to Ft. Campbell, KY and back a LOT with no problems with comfort. I also know a guy that has the Kirkeys you have in his Pantera and they are also very comfortable. The cage looks great. I wish I had the chance to do fab work like that.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Have you sat in the Kirkey Road Race seats? Or just the regular dirt tracker or drag specials? These are the same units teams use for 24 hour races..I'm tellin ya, they're comfortable

Not sure which ones they were honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread