New enigne pics. (Project Sniper)

NITMARE

Established Member
I'm loving everything about, bud! I never knock anyone for going out and trying something different and putting their blood, sweat and tears into it. I've thought about doing something VERY similar to my exhaust and it's cool to see it being done. Good luck with the rest of the build and look forward to the end result!

-Graycen

Thanks a lot. The cars till gets very mixed reviews. MOST people really like it but those that don't...hate it with a passion. Some people get it and some don't.

this build is amazing! you have so much talent and the attention to detail is crazy! chip foose watch out NITMARE is on your ass!

The day I can compete with that man will be a few years off ;-)

garretts02gt

Established Member
ahhhh, much like the gtr concept!
GT-R-39.jpg

ever since i saw that thing ive wanted to do it to mine, or at least see someone else do it to theirs... so nice!

looking good man, love/hate nothing! i love it!!!!!!:rockon:

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Love your build and you could not have picked a better wheel!! Its perfect!

Can we get some shots of how the exhaust is routed?

Thanks,
Blake

NITMARE

Established Member
I forgot all about that GTR concept. I loved that car when it came out also. I always loved how the team Saleen World Challenge cars had the through body exhaust...of course they ran raised floors so it was relatively easy to accomplish. I am working on a rear diffuser that kinda follows that GTR styling that I think you guys might like.

I'll post pics of the routing once I get the other side wrapped up.

I didn't really gain much clearance. I've been able to keep everything tucked up far enough so that you don't see the big ol 3" exhaust hanging down. I am running bullet style Borla mufflers so it wasn't too hard to keep a tight compact package.

Thanks for all the props!

NITMARE

Established Member
Well turns out the exhaust is a little tougher then I thought it was gonna be. I have tried to build each part so that it works like it should the first time and nothing has to be remade...and the more I thought about it the more I could see there being some serious resonance and heat transfer through the body.

SO the tips you see are now welded to the trim panel so that they are all one piece. And then the exhaust routing to the tips splits off the 3.5" pipes and "Y's" into two 2.5" pipes. That way the exhaust feeds into the outlets without touching the sides. So there will be no heat transfer or resonance throughout the car.

NITMARE

Established Member
I should have some either today or tomorrow. I took a breather from the car for a week or so over the holidays

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
this thread makes my penis twitch.

Love it man, I have a bagged dodge i would love to put the drivetrain from a srt10 in. if only i had the money.

NITMARE

Established Member
Thanks guys, I am pretty badass :)

95KBGT - I would rock a twin turbo 6.1 Hemi if I were you!

Users who are viewing this thread