Bakerfish17

Established Member
So I ordered Borla Ataks from LateModelResto for the Cobra and they arrive today looking like they fell out of the truck and run over! This is what I arrived home to. What a hassle... Anyone else have any problems with this?? Need to get it all sorted out and get a new one installed before the American Muscle Show coming up. IMG_0761.JPG

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I would say that you need to contact the vendor you bought it from and see if they will correct the issue.

Bakerfish17

Established Member
Sent them an email and will call in the morning. We'll have to see what happens. Of course I check on their website and now they are out of stock. Just my luck!

s351

Established Member
^^ That's was I was thinking if all the parts are there and nothings scratched who cares :shrug:

Bakerfish17

Established Member
Theres just a small scrape on one of the pipes which i don't mind at all obviously but there are two clamps that are missing. The packaging material was ripped open and must have lost them in the shipping process.

Zemedici

Established Member
if you're just missing 2 clamps I'd go to a hardware store and snag up some clamps so I can put the exhaust on. Let AM know whats going on, but I wouldn't let it stop you from installing your racecar parts. :beer:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Well that's definitely never fun sir - You're going to need to contact LRS and they're going to need to have a shipping damage claim set up - We see this all the time. Just shoot them an email with pictures of the box and the damage and they should be able to get you a replacement shipped today.

We'll see you at our show very soon and if you need anything delivered overnight you know we're based out of Philly right? :)

Happy Modding and I hope they get you set up fast.

Alex

Blueline

Established Member
Well that's definitely never fun sir - You're going to need to contact LRS and they're going to need to have a shipping damage claim set up - We see this all the time. Just shoot them an email with pictures of the box and the damage and they should be able to get you a replacement shipped today.

We'll see you at our show very soon and if you need anything delivered overnight you know we're based out of Philly right? :)

Happy Modding and I hope they get you set up fast.

Alex

American Muscle has great customer service and usually get my parts in a day or so from them. I try and purchase from AM as much as possible! OP good luck and maybe I'll see you at the show!

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
American Muscle has great customer service and usually get my parts in a day or so from them. I try and purchase from AM as much as possible! OP good luck and maybe I'll see you at the show!

Hey Blue - Thanks for the kind words and feedback, I really appreciate the love and support - I'm not here to threadjack or anything, this is a clear cut case of shipping damage. LM will get the OP set up in no time. We're a close community and I'm not here to sling mud or anything!

He doesn't English so well some times! :poke:

See you guys in just under 2 weeks!

Silver - Without 7-10 cups of coffee in my system neither do i!

Yeah cant wait for the show. Hope to see you guys there with this new exhuast!

Baker - T-minus 11 days until #AM2015 . Keep an eye out for me, huge beard and aviators, shout me a "YO LAZ!"

See Y'all soon!

Alex

Black2010

Established Member
For a small scratch and some missing clamps I would do as already suggested and go pick up some clamps and install it. Had something like that happen before and late model just gave me some money back from my purchase. Wasn't worth the hassle for both them and me to ship it back and have a new one shipped out (for damage that will never be seen anyway).

I wish I had my camera rolling yesterday when UPS showed up with my new wheels for my 02 GT. The guy literally dropped them out of the back of his truck (how I knew he was there as I was checking on the noise I heard) and onto the ground then (instead of carrying them) rolled the boxes up to my driveway where I met him. To say we had some words would be an understatement. Seriously, take some pride in your work :-( Fortunately, they were packed good and no damage was present.

Bakerfish17

Established Member
So I talked to Late Model and they said I can just buy the clamps and they'll refund me the money I spent on them. Hoping to get it installed tomorrow!

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
What ever you do, buy Torca Accuseal Clamps or similar. Don't buy a parts store special U Bolt clamp unless you plan on never removing the exhaust.

Bakerfish17

Established Member
Yeah I got those, got them installed and wow... God I love the sound of these Ataks!

Users who are viewing this thread