new exhaust is to loud what now

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
I just swapped my exhaust out it was jba shortys and magna flow cat xpipe and cat back 2.5 now its jba shortys flowmaster off road x 3" and jba3" back to tips to say the least its 5x-6x louder then my old set up and fill like I lost power.... tuner told my my set up was maxed out so I went bigger... will cats quite it down any and maybe give me a little more back pressure or will that be a waste of time at point?

cobracide

Established Member
Put the midpipe with the cats back on. A little back pressure is good for the low-mid range on a street car. Plus your car won't sound like a Mack truck.

jervis

very misunderstood
Established Member
Personally I would go get a set of resonators put in instead of cats. I've been told by my tuner that these cars when ported, pullied, llarger s/c, ect. the added heat, fuel, and pressure will cause even high flow cats to melt down! He had it personally happen to his car and has seen it with multiple other. Has anyone else seen or heard of this happening? sorry to high jack your thread but if there going to fail maybe resonators are a better way to go?

keith89

Established Member
I just swapped my exhaust out it was jba shortys and magna flow cat xpipe and cat back 2.5 now its jba shortys flowmaster off road x 3" and jba3" back to tips to say the least its 5x-6x louder then my old set up and fill like I lost power.... tuner told my my set up was maxed out so I went bigger... will cats quite it down any and maybe give me a little more back pressure or will that be a waste of time at point?

Tuner told you your setup was maxed out at just around 500hp? wow. :bash:

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Loud

I just put bbk Lt headers with bbk off road x pipe , borla stingers on my Cobra and it is really loud too . i am wondering what i should do to quiet it down a bit , i really don't want to put cats in . i was thinking about a H pipe . anyone ?? thanks guys .. i am new to svtp so i don't know how to start a new post . I don't mean to intrude on this one but any help would be appreciated . thanks !:burnout:

08mojo

Established Member
I just put bbk Lt headers with bbk off road x pipe , borla stingers on my Cobra and it is really loud too . i am wondering what i should do to quiet it down a bit , i really don't want to put cats in . i was thinking about a H pipe . anyone ?? thanks guys .. i am new to svtp so i don't know how to start a new post . I don't mean to intrude on this one but any help would be appreciated . thanks !:burnout:

If you don't want to add cats, you have a couple options: add a turbo or change the mufflers...

Why not put cats on the car?

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
the exhaust was put on back in 04 wondering if the design has changed since then and i know its over kill some what but it dosent make since to me to take my 2.5 off for another 2.5 this way i will have room to grow.... i wasnt not expecting big gains just not losses either.... car made 527 said injecters maf and exhaust is maxed out maybe it willome to life on the high way im also going from 3.73 to 3.55 gears wondering if thats why.... just dont have the gut check like it used to

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
If you don't want to add cats, you have a couple options: add a turbo or change the mufflers...

Why not put cats on the car?

i'm use to the sound now and it has grown on me a lot . i get a ton of compliments on it so i am going to leave it as is . i have heard bad things about cats melting down and hurting engines . that could be avoided with a good high flow cat though .

1badsvtcobra

Established Member
you definitly lose torque with no cats, atleat mine have showned it on the dyno, but i love how it sounds with no cats, monster sound, but if its too loud for you, slap on you're 2.5" catted x pipe, you should be just fine, people run aftermarket blowers with a 2.5" system and make over 580 to the wheels and they are just fine, believe me you're not anywhere near maxed out at 500rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread