New Ford 7.0 DOHC Motor in the works.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Because it’s not happening. This “rumor” has been floating around since it was announced the Raptor was getting the 3.5.

Oh ok, that's news to me. I apologize. I was hoping there was truth to this..

Voltwings

Established Member
Newp. The company that is leading the way in downsizing and turbo charging is suddenly going to drop a 7.0L v8? Not to mention how ridiculously big and heavy a 7.0L V8 would be ... not happening.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Newp. The company that is leading the way in downsizing and turbo charging is suddenly going to drop a 7.0L v8? Not to mention how ridiculously big and heavy a 7.0L V8 would be ... not happening.

So you're telling me there's a chance?

IMG_9017.jpg

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

But corvette ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never_Enough

Established Member
The LS7 is not crazy heavy.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Corvette is downsizing as well, going 5.5L.

Yes but they had a 7.0

Fords 6.2 best I can find weighs in and around 580 w/out accs.

I can not seem to locate the weight of a decent 4v head, but what say you, add another 40 pounds? So somewhere around 620lbs for a 7.0 4v with iron block?

I suppose that is a lot considering the 460lbs gm took to do it, however in a truck not really a big deal to me.

The 6.2 in my work wagon does ok, but definitely could use torque across the entire range.

Users who are viewing this thread