New Ford 7.0 DOHC Motor in the works.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The LS7 also had a lot of titanium parts and a dry sump, which from what I can tell, most weights for the engine don't include the sump.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
The LS7 also had a lot of titanium parts and a dry sump, which from what I can tell, most weights for the engine don't include the sump.

Ya I actually am having a difficult time finding weights on get alot of vague ones but nothing concrete

SirShaun

Established Member
Going to have to do something. Chevrolet is going to strike with a larger displacement DOHC.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
The Raptor needs its balls back. Enough with this ecoshit.
Lol wat? Either gen Raptor has more than enough power off-road. So you’re talking on-road Performance? Well the Gen2 “ecoshit” as you say, sliced and diced the Gen1’s balls all while enjoying an SBucks Frap. Sound wise, roger the Gen1 is better, all else.... GTFOutta here with your BS.

fangstang

Established Member
Lol wat? Either gen Raptor has more than enough power off-road. So you’re talking on-road Performance? Well the Gen2 “ecoshit” as you say, sliced and diced the Gen1’s balls all while enjoying an SBucks Frap. Sound wise, roger the Gen1 is better, all else.... GTFOutta here with your BS.

No need to be an asshole about it. You can just agree to disagree. And yes, its ecoshit. What I mean by balls is a V8, not a 6cyl. IDGAF if the ecoshit is faster then the Gen1. I dont buy pickups for speed. Enjoy Jen 2

Voltwings

Established Member
Well if almost 100 more Ft/lbs doesnt count as balls then... idk what to tell you man. Yes, i agree sound is a very big part of it but you just cant deny the power and powerband superiority the TT V6 offers.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Well if almost 100 more Ft/lbs doesnt count as balls then... idk what to tell you man. Yes, i agree sound is a very big part of it but you just cant deny the power and powerband superiority the TT V6 offers.
Which makes me wonder why they just didn't do an ecoboost 5.0 in the new Raptor instead of a V6. Oh well, it's just armchair engineering at this point.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
No need to be an asshole about it. You can just agree to disagree. And yes, its ecoshit. What I mean by balls is a V8, not a 6cyl. IDGAF if the ecoshit is faster then the Gen1. I dont buy pickups for speed. Enjoy Jen 2
Calls the Gen2 ball-less and the engine “ecoshit”. Meanwhile I say both gen Raptors are capable (despite on-road performance), and I’m the asshole...lol ok dude.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
So V8 with 400hp = balls
TTV6 with 450/510ftlb = balless
Seems legit
So would a 200hp V8 be better than a 450hp V6 because V8 is da best?

Dusten

Established Member

It has a better torque curve, more down low power, more top end power and better mileage.

Its a superior engine in every performance metric. Not just speed... But seeing as the raptor was built as a high speed desert off roader. Speed helps.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
I had a gen1 and now have a gen2. Speaking from experience the gen2 is a significantly better truck, ok except for the sound. In every possible other way it is better. Faster and more powerful and better acceleration and better transmission and better handling and better interior etc. ok so the sound. I personally do not think of balls when I hear an engine. What else makes it ball-less?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread