New from Griffin Radiator

moddedmystic

Established Member
Did a little research and found out that Griffin Radiator makes a new undercharger for our cars!
Heres a copy of the email they sent me,

Hi Mark, I will see if I can come up with pic's for you.As far as test data we are working on thermal modeling for that unit, but it could be another couple weeks before I have it.However we did get to play around with a car not to long ago. The car was mostly stock with minor bolt on's, and you could instantly feel the difference after upgrading the HTR. The stock unit is really restrictive and kind of undersized. On the cooling end you don't see much of a difference unitll you upgrade the front heat exchanger. What you do see is a significant increase in throttle response as well as a slight gain in boost.
Best Regards Benji Durham

SVTCobraphotos.jpg

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
They make good stuff and used them before on other stuff.
I wonder if they make a better radiator for our cobra's.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
What you do see is a significant increase in throttle response as well as a slight gain in boost.
Best Regards Benji Durham
Key Words: This would mean more of a restriction, not better flow. If anything you would want LESS boost. That would show it being more efficient.

I would stay away until I saw some good hard facts and proven dyno numbers.

Just my $.02

D-Con

...Rather have a Buick?
Established Member
Boost increase/decrease depends on which side of the heat exchanger the boost reference is on...which side is it on?

Seems most likely there will always be a trade-off between the heat exchanging efficiency and flow unless they were somehow able to add more area than the factory exchanger does.

I will bet that $550 is cheaper than a replacement from Ford, and the warranty will be better too!

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
very interesting.. id like to see more info!

as bad as these cars are with cooling, any help is a good thing!

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Stats first, but I have heard the stock one are 1g brand new. I would need convincing on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread