New glasses

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
Yep. I just got my first pair last year, I could barley wear them more then an hour at a time at first, they gave me headaches and made me feel dizzy and I always felt like I was going to fall lol. After a few weeks of wearing them more often they got better, I wear them all day long now and have no issues. Really sucked at first though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Isn't it true that Lasik won't work for everyone? Does it help with both far sightedness and near sightedness?

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
What happens as your eyes change as you age? Can LASIK be redone a number of times?

Go LASIK it's the way to go. Had it done about 5 years ago and it's the best investment I've ever done.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Isn't it true that Lasik won't work for everyone? Does it help with both far sightedness and near sightedness?

That is correct Bob, it's not for everyone. LASIK can correct far and nearsightedness. I had an astigmatism in both eyes that were corrected too.

What happens as your eyes change as you age? Can LASIK be redone a number of times?

I asked my doctor that too. During the consultation they measure the thickness of your cornea with what looks like a stylus pen. From there they can let you know how many times you can get the procedure done. For me he said I can have it done twice safely and maybe a third time if I really want to get it done. As you age and your eyes change you'll need glasses/contacts again or have another procedure done. For me my prescription had not changed for 5 years so I was a good candidate for it.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
had mine for a while but i never used them until last week. hubris i suppose....i was like nah i'm good...then things got blurry lol

97cobra...

Established Member
had mine for a while but i never used them until last week. hubris i suppose....i was like nah i'm good...then things got blurry lol

Ya I've always known I needed glasses I just never went in to get checked lol and when I did I was surprised by how much better I can see the fine print on things up close and far away hahaha

oldmodman

Established Member
Yes. Every time I renew my eyeglass prescription it takes me a week or two to used to the new one.

But I will never switch away from glasses. They have saved my eyesight twice.

Once when I was cleaning some rusty boat parts on a polisher with a 12 inch wire wheel. I was wearing my prescription glasses and had safety glasses on over them. And a wire came off the wheel and went completely through the safety glasses and stuck most of the way through my regular glasses. A few years later I was welding an iron pipe on a gas industrial dryer and the pipe spit back and the glob of molten iron melted through my face shield and splattered on my glasses. So that was twice my glasses saved an eyeball.

jbs$

Established Member
As you age, your focal point somewhat moves out. This is true even if you start out nearsighted. Lasik, if performed in your 20's or 30's will last for a number of years, then, as part of the aging process, you will slowly become farsighted. Personally, being nearsighted, chose not to do LASIK, as I correct to 20-20 with contacts and will always be able to read and see small things without them.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
You guys are giving me way too much credit. If you really want to hear me sound dumb, start talking about dealing with women and how make a dollar.

I know! It was an honor to be asked a question by the James Snover, and I even knew the answer too boot!

Users who are viewing this thread