New GT-500 Commercial

Willie

Established Member
I gotta get me one..... and the car too!

....Now all we need is ford to make the new Shelby rearend look like the old one!

This is the first thing I noticed about the cars too. The taillights on the '07 should have been unique just like the '67.

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
Terminator said:
newcobra02sz1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Those tail lights are SOOOO badass!!! If its not too much work...I'll do that to mine after I buy it...

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
Ryan02Stang said:
Those tail lights are SOOOO badass!!! If its not too much work...I'll do that to mine after I buy it...

It looks to me like you need to find a bumper skin and catback (or maybe just a set of tips?) to make that work. If that picture was a one-off, it may be a problem to find that, but there might already be a kit out there just for that.

stang22

Established Member
96supersnake said:
good commercial.Now all we need is ford to make the new Shelby rearend look like the old one! good job.
You got that right brother!! Nice vid,...but I would have preferred to hear the shelby's screaming through the gears instead of the music!! For me,it takes away from the awesome cars,..but nice to see both cars together!!! :thumbsup:

Terminator

Established Member
Yes it's a photoshop.
I wish I could photoshop like that. I think the guy's name is Vita, not sure.

Last edited:

95_XB331

Established Member
Then again the GT500 is not an SVT, but a Shelby. Most sales literature say SVT-tuned suspension, yada, yada vs. a pure SVT model.

I'm just glad it wasn't that "other guy" (already forgot this years winner's name) driving. Too bad they didn't use the K. McPhee gal, now that would have been a hot commerical.

Last edited:

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
Commercial was just okay. Not a Clarkson fan either.

Fords "bold moves" ads are lousy. What are they saying? Buying a Ford is a "bold move" because it might leave you stranded?

Bleh.

9746C

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
9746Cobra said:
Commercial was just okay. Not a Clarkson fan either.

Fords "bold moves" ads are lousy. What are they saying? Buying a Ford is a "bold move" because it might leave you stranded?

Bleh.

9746C

So we can assume you're not a fan? :poke:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
That video rocked!!! :rockon:

The only thing I thought was out of place was locking up the brakes on the older "ghost car" after the last pass. I know it was supposed to be sort of a giving up move but it just didn't play right........ with me anyway.

I loved the key chain!!! and the flop on the bed!!! That's how I feel after a 20 minute track session! :beer: :rockon:

If I made quite a bit more money I would buy one of these cars, but I still would wait till the "newness adjustments" went "buh bye".

I give it a 9... lol!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Jimmysidecarr said:
I loved the key chain!!! and the flop on the bed!!! That's how I feel after a 20 minute track session! :beer: :rockon:

Ha ha Jimmy! I can totally relate to that. :thumbsup:

Just think, the SVTOA Great Lakes Region has their Gingerman track event this weekend and it's high 90's and humid like the Tropics up here right now! :fm:

Last year the weather was very similar! Here's a shot of my outside/inside temperature in my motorhome:

gingytempsm3uw.jpg

:cuss:

I'm heading back into the pool! :coolman:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Ha ha Jimmy! I can totally relate to that. :thumbsup:

Just think, the SVTOA Great Lakes Region has their Gingerman track event this weekend and it's high 90's and humid like the Tropics up here right now! :fm:

Last year the weather was very similar! Here's a shot of my outside/inside temperature in my motorhome:

gingytempsm3uw.jpg

:cuss:

I'm heading back into the pool! :coolman:

WOW!!! That's pretty hot for that far north...We were down wind of the Great Lakes when I lived in Syracuse... The summers were pretty nice.

This weather keeps up in the northern latitudes Ice Racing will become extinct!!!
We may have to promote "Global Dimming" to keep "Global Warming" in check...lol

Let's see...hmmm

Ban Natural gas... heat homes with wood! Rotten punky wood!
Burn garbage in the backyard.
No catalytic converters.
All gas powered car have to go back to carburators.... preferably with stuck chokes...
Bring back the 2 stoke Saabs...

And plenty of black smoke belching diesels everywhere!!!

Then we will be like India and China... the sun will be blocked about 10% by a continuous cloud of $#!T and pollution in the air and it will be much cooler. :rockon:

mrGT

Established Member
95_XB331 said:
Then again the GT500 is not an SVT, but a Shelby. Most sales literature say SVT-tuned suspension, yada, yada vs. a pure SVT model.

I'm just glad it wasn't that "other guy" (already forgot this years winner's name) driving. Too bad they didn't use the K. McPhee gal, now that would have been a hot commerical.
You better go back and look at that commercial again...take a good look at the speedometer...there's a big SVT dead center of it. That way, the driver will always be reminded of it's modern heritage. Maybe not a "pure" SVT, but an SVT non-the-less.

stang22

Established Member
Was this a commercial too advertise her or the shelby's?!....Cause I didn't hear too much Shelby exhaust note through the entire video,...which limits this video Bigtime!!I would have rather seen Evan Smith,ripping through the gears on the shelby!!! :rockon: Makes it look like this is a chicks car the way it came across to mee! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread