New GT500 has 772hp

pwrshft99

Established Member
How would you guys feel if it was a Hybird?
Its coming, maybe not the GT500 but it will be introduced with the next body refresh.

Really looking for Ford to innovate too. I want a V8 Mustang with the front wheels occasionally spun by an electronic motor. Imagine the 60ft times... From a dead stop the electric motors pull the front wheels until the the V8 can take over when full traction is available.

This would also make a year round capable Mustang since it could be essentially an on demand AWD setup without the hit to fuel economy

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
No, I did not. Stating a fact is not the same thing as stating emotion.

I dont care about your respect or what you think is superficial.

Driving a manual will always take more skill than driving an auto.

You can kick and scream all you want, but it will never change the fact that driving a manual car takes more skill than driving an auto.

Look.
I agree with the part you said about skill.
Your initial response said "respect." They are not the same.
Go up to a 17 year old teen girl and see how much of your "respect" you get from someone not even interested in driving.
I raised one and got her out of the house.
If you meant "skill, " I am TOTALLY there with you. When she (my teen) asked to learn how to drive (finally) she wanted to learn on my manual Subaru Outback. After 15 minutes, she asked if she could just get her own car because a manual "was too involved."

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Look.
I agree with the part you said about skill.
Your initial response said "respect." They are not the same.
Go up to a 17 year old teen girl and see how much of your "respect" you get from someone not even interested in driving.
I raised one and got her out of the house.
If you meant "skill, " I am TOTALLY there with you. When she (my teen) asked to learn how to drive (finally) she wanted to learn on my manual Subaru Outback. After 15 minutes, she asked if she could just get her own car because a manual "was too involved."

Ok. So you understand that driving a manual takes more skill than driving an auto. Now let us move on to the next point...

My previous statement of “Manual car / driver will always comand much more respect that their auto counterpart”, DOES NOT PERTAIN to 17 yo teen girls. Its a statement that blankets car guys / gear heads.

Skill and respect go hand and hand.

Its the same thing as going out in the wildernesses and hunting a boar manually with only a knife or going out and hunting it with a rifle. They both require a certain level of skill but the guy that does it with his hands/knife gets a lot more respect from people within the community (which is not 17 yo girls or Jake at State Farm).

Hope you get it now..

Never_Enough

Established Member
Its coming, maybe not the GT500 but it will be introduced with the next body refresh.

Really looking for Ford to innovate too. I want a V8 Mustang with the front wheels occasionally spun by an electronic motor. Imagine the 60ft times... From a dead stop the electric motors pull the front wheels until the the V8 can take over when full traction is available.

This would also make a year round capable Mustang since it could be essentially an on demand AWD setup without the hit to fuel economy
& the price tag goes up to $60K+

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im not so sure I agree that driving a stick shift requires more skill then an auto. My first 5 cars were all stick shift and now I operate an auto and my driving skills haven't changed.

A monkey could operate a stick shift its really not that difficult. I mean u press a pedal and pull back or push forward. I really don't see the skill in that.

been riding motorcycles my whole life and if my bike was an auto vs. shifting gears I don't see myself being a better rider. The speeds at which u enter and exit a corner dictates how fast ur lap times are gonna be not whether or not I had to manually shift the gears.

In fact id say its easier to go faster at the track with a normal car with a stick cause u can choose ur gear to enter or exit a corner from but lets face it ALL Formula 1 cars are auto's essentially with paddle shifters.

Yes they use a clutch but only to start the car or when they make pit stops not to shift gears from. Its all done electronically like any auto transmission.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Im not so sure I agree that driving a stick shift requires more skill then an auto. My first 5 cars were all stick shift and now I operate an auto and my driving skills haven't changed.

A monkey could operate a stick shift its really not that difficult. I mean u press a pedal and pull back or push forward. I really don't see the skill in that.

been riding motorcycles my whole life and if my bike was an auto vs. shifting gears I don't see myself being a better rider. The speeds at which u enter and exit a corner dictates how fast ur lap times are gonna be not whether or not I had to manually shift the gears.

In fact id say its easier to go faster at the track with a normal car with a stick cause u can choose ur gear to enter or exit a corner from but lets face it ALL Formula 1 cars are auto's essentially with paddle shifters.

Yes they use a clutch but only to start the car or when they make pit stops not to shift gears from. Its all done electronically like any auto transmission.

Brother... what in the ****etty ****?!??

db5074f2-c548-4725-909f-e512192c1ebb-trumpfacepalm.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Im not so sure I agree that driving a stick shift requires more skill then an auto. ... I really don't see the skill in that.

In fact id say its easier to go faster at the track with a normal car with a stick cause u can choose ur gear to enter or exit a corner from...

So, um... Wouldn't that take skill to know which gear to be in and how to do a proper rev matched down shift so as not to upset the balance of the car?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So if the stick shift is better and takes more skill and therefore would result in better track times why aren't the Professional drivers using them?

There is a reason most people learn and drive around in an automatic, it is much easier to operate. There is less involvement, less thinking, more convenient.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
listen, when u come into a real tight corner u can pick between two gears that ur gonna use either 2nd or 3rd gear. if its a faster corner then its 3rd gear or 4th gear.

u think that takes a lot of skill to choose either one gear or the other? cause in the straights ur simply WFO in top gear.

So, um... Wouldn't that take skill to know which gear to be in and how to do a proper rev matched down shift so as not to upset the balance of the car?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I agree but thats referring to 16 year old girls who get confused easily but for the average dude who has been driving his whole life the stick shift isn't a difficult thing to operate.

Had both my whole life and when I get into a stick car I don't now drive any better then I did in an auto.

Im still trying to wrap my head around the skill part. u put the car in the gear that makes the right RPM for the corner ur either entering or leaving. Its not rocket science.

There is a reason most people learn and drive around in an automatic, it is much easier to operate. There is less involvement, less thinking, more convenient.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
listen, when u come into a real tight corner u can pick between two gears that ur gonna use either 2nd or 3rd gear. if its a faster corner then its 3rd gear or 4th gear.

u think that takes a lot of skill to choose either one gear or the other? cause in the straights ur simply WFO in top gear.

I dont think ive ever seen anyone argue that driving an auto takes more skill than a manual... i am quite perplexed at the moment.... i need a moment to regroup and strategize method of attack.... lol

On second thought, maybe there will be no winning this one....

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Then why do all the Professional driver operate Auto's? I'm not an F1 guy or even a fan but they all operate auto's.

If it was SKILL in operating a manual transmission then they would all be using a manual transmission to show who has more skill and therefore a faster lap time.

And so does every racer on Street Outlaws. The REAL skill is u getting down the track without getting out of it when it gets squirly and that applies to both Drag racing and Track racing.

Its NOT due to ones ability to depress a clutch and put a car in gear. That is not the skill one needs to go fast.

I dont think ive ever seen anyone argue that driving an auto takes more skill than a manual... i am quite perplexed at the moment.... i need a moment to regroup and strategize method of attack.... lol

On second thought, maybe there will be no winning this one....

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree but thats referring to 16 year old girls who get confused easily but for the average dude who has been driving his whole life the stick shift isn't a difficult thing to operate.

Had both my whole life and when I get into a stick car I don't now drive any better then I did in an auto.

Im still trying to wrap my head around the skill part. u put the car in the gear that makes the right RPM for the corner ur either entering or leaving. Its not rocket science.

Think about if for a second...

Which car is usually faster an auto hellcat or a manual hellcat? Why do you think that is?

Why do you think race cars resort to autos instead of manuals? Whether draging or road course?

The answer is less chance for user error. Faster shifts. Consistensy.

It takes an INCREDIBLY skilled driver to get down a track in record time, consistently in a manual car.

Pick the wrong gear, slip the clutch wrong, grind gear, not fast enough, too fast, over rev, under rev, etc... and it just cost you the race.

In a manual you are much more engaged. Have to coordinate much more. Takes more skill to do correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread