New GT500 leak...

blk02edge

Established Member
Lol, its a ****ing mustang. He was expecting koenigsegg, pagani and tesla levels of technology into a $25k car.
At least its sporting a DCT, car should be up there either the euro GT cars now. Just waiting to find out the weight... LOL
Its about as reasonable as just making it weigh as much as a mclaren I guess lol the hate here is keeping me entertained all day

roadracer247

Established Member
Bummed to be losing the manual transmission. Otherwise it looks great to me. I’m sure it’ll be far more expensive than I can afford. A used GT350 is sounding better and better as an option if I go back to Ford.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I'm confused with those who are disappointed. What were your expectations? If you are disappointed because you were expecting a "complete" car from Ford, one that will smoke the Demon in the 1/4 while running rings around its competitors on a road course, how would any manufacturer do that? The Demon is built for the drag strip because you can't have the best of both worlds. They decided to go with a straight line beast because it is an "attention grabber." A 740 HP GT500 that has the ability to run under 11 seconds in the 1/4 and can handle a road course like a GT350 seems pretty "complete" to me. If that is what the GT500 delivers, that is a win in my book.

And before anyone says anything, I know my book doesn't count for shit! LOL

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I think Ford really put their foot in their mouth when their marketing rep. stated "Venom kills Demons".

I think that one statement raised a lot of hopes and expectations and now there is some disappointment that Ford did not deliver the knock out punch.

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm confused with those who are disappointed. What were your expectations?

After a 5 year wait, I was expecting a vehicle that would be well ahead of its competition. Based on what I'm seeing, this car MIGHT be equal to its competition.

GM and Dodge are probably thinking, "is that all you've got after all this time?"

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I think Ford really put their foot in their mouth when their marketing rep. stated "Venom kills Demons".

I think that one statement raised a lot of hopes and expectations and now there is some disappointment that Ford did not deliver the knock out punch.

I get that. He should never had made that statement. Just to compare with a 2016 - 2018 Hellcat, I would think a GT500 with 740 - 750 HP vs. 707 HP (stock 'Cat) along with the Ford weighing 300-400 lbs less than the Dodge (4,449 lbs) would make it more than competitive with a Hellcat. As far as the Demon goes, it is 808 HP/4,280 lbs, so I would imagine the GT500, depending on weight, would compete well.

My point is, there is a reason why these cars weigh what they do and why they have the HP/TQ numbers they do; there isn't a driver that can handle a 3,800 lb car with 850+ HP. Is that what people wanted? The ZR1 is 755 HP and 3,600 lbs, but it costs $120K+ and is a "different" type of car. JMO, but if the GT500 can beat a Hellcat in the 1/4 and compete with a Demon in 1/4, while also being a car that can do well on a course, isn't that incredible?

After a 5 year wait, I was expecting a vehicle that would be well ahead of its competition. Based on what I'm seeing, this car MIGHT be equal to its competition.

GM and Dodge are probably thinking, "is that all you've got after all this time?"

The wait is a head scratcher for sure...but it is still an impressive car. It may in fact be a more "complete" car than any Camaro or HC/Demon. Isn't that what Ford was shooting for apparently?

blk02edge

Established Member
I'm confused with those who are disappointed. What were your expectations? If you are disappointed because you were expecting a "complete" car from Ford, one that will smoke the Demon in the 1/4 while running rings around its competitors on a road course, how would any manufacturer do that? The Demon is built for the drag strip because you can't have the best of both worlds. They decided to go with a straight line beast because it is an "attention grabber." A 740 HP GT500 that has the ability to run under 11 seconds in the 1/4 and can handle a road course like a GT350 seems pretty "complete" to me. If that is what the GT500 delivers, that is a win in my book.

And before anyone says anything, I know my book doesn't count for shit! LOL
They wanted a 720S for 65k

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
50054503_2523372637677720_6713026217131376640_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ lol no kidding, the trinity was fricken slow for the power it had. I couldnt believe it was a drivers race between a M6 hellcat which is almost 600lbs heavier.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^ lol no kidding, the trinity was fricken slow for the power it had. I couldnt believe it was a drivers race between a M6 hellcat which is almost 600lbs heavier.

some of that was caused by the long gearing in the 6060, the 13/14 really needed 3.73 or better...

I do hope the DCT eventually trickles down to lower mustang models. Kind of doubt it will though, but perhaps as an option in performance pack cars etc...

blk02edge

Established Member
some of that was caused by the long gearing in the 6060, the 13/14 really needed 3.73 or better...

I do hope the DCT eventually trickles down to lower mustang models. Kind of doubt it will though, but perhaps as an option in performance pack cars etc...
Would be awesome in a PP2 car that people can afford/no adm, not sure how much more the tranny itself would cost as an option

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

because ford stupidly geared the car for 200mph (no one cars) when what the people really wanted was best 1/4mi time

tall gearing, clutch protection, ton of weight over the front axle and pizza cutter rear tires = high 11s with average drivers, mid 11s if your lucky

Dusten

Established Member
aside from carbon fiber wheels all of the tech you mentioned has been on the market for more than a decade.

regardless i fear it's all too little too late

The fact that the car was unveiled today after a 5yr wait and this thread is only 5 pages speaks volumes. When the hellcat and later demon hit the scene every major forum was literally exploding with excitement, fear and chaos. lol
What car in this class has this tech?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

That and everyone on the internet has been screaming "Manuals suck" for the past decade, and the newer automatics (even a standard non-clutched) are worlds better than they were in the 00's and only getting better while manual tech has pretty much peaked, with the only recent advancements being rev-matching and hill assist.

I recall numerous people on here hating on the 13/14 GT500 and GT350's for not coming in automatics.

Users who are viewing this thread