New GT500 leak...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I like the GT500 so far but damn, Ford is sucking ass at anything related to marketing. If all you were going to do was show the car and ramble on about a bunch of bullshit then just reveal the car online with the tech brochure and call it a day. The thread they put together on this site was far more fun to look over than to watch the reveal from Farley.

And what the hell are they thinking with the Explorer ST? it looks no different than the other model and still has textured mouldings all around, and then a 3.0 V6 when you already have the 3.5 in another trim level? You guys do realize that Dodge has a Durango with 475hp and you thought it was too much to put the high output 3.5 into the Explorer to make it compete better? "But... but... it's faster than a Range Rover Sport".

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ford prob figured the car is going to sell itself. Im not defending them, I really dont care. Would be nice to see some stuff posted tho. I dont have cable tv so no chance i can watch a commercial anyways.

But yea, the car is probably going to be sold out and those looking to get one at MSRP are ****ed. Expect to be 3 years out before you can get one at a fair price. People here will swear up and down that they got it for MSRP or even under MSRP. But they know the truth, and it hurts!!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Ford prob figured the car is going to sell itself. Im not defending them, I really dont care. Would be nice to see some stuff posted tho. I dont have cable tv so no chance i can watch a commercial anyways.

But yea, the car is probably going to be sold out and those looking to get one at MSRP are ****ed. Expect to be 3 years out before you can get one at a fair price. People here will swear up and down that they got it for MSRP or even under MSRP. But they know the truth, and it hurts!!

Well ever since Ford stopped playing the track time game they got this attitude about them like they were too good to play the usual games with the other manufacturers, but forgetting that that is how you keep your base excited about your products. They need to throw the enthusiasts a bone now and then so we at least have some hard numbers to go off of and be excited about.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I'm a little underwhelmed given how vanilla that type of car has become. It's very common, and Ford hasn't done much to differentiate it from being a Ford version of a Hell cat or ZL1.
The entire front fascia is different, it has a new rear wing, new design for the carbon wheels....What were you expecting? It looks really different compared to a GT and GT350 to me.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I kinda feel sorry for ford, all this hardwork and development but the reality is its about 2yrs to late.

Unfortunately dodge releasing the demon with 840hp last year then GM pushing the Zr1 to 755hp makes everything much less impressive. They would have really needed to bring the heat with this car to even get people excited again.

so you're new 2020 halo car pony car runs high 10s and has only 720hp? ""yawn, tell me more... Z zzzz"

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
we have had different versions of eaton supercharged modular v8s all the way back to 1999 (svt lightning).

Ford could have at least made things interesting by breaking a new mold with a turbo v8 pony car. Instead they went the boring, easy cheap route. You can literally find TVS superchargers lying in trash bin of any shop, anytown USA. Not exactly ground breaking tech anymore.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
we have had different versions of eaton supercharged modular v8s all the way back to 1999 (svt lightning).

Ford could have at least made things interesting by breaking a new mold with a turbo v8 pony car. Instead they went the boring, easy cheap route. You can literally find TVS superchargers lying in trash bin of any shop, anytown USA. Not exactly ground breaking tech anymore.
Perhaps you should apply to Ford as an engineer and show Ford how its done lol

The GT500 has a lot going on with active aero, active braking, supercharged FPC, carbon fiber wheels, ect ect. There is a lot of tech in this car. The Demon is a heavy boat, very fast, but on a very dated chassis.

blk02edge

Established Member

The GT500 has a lot going on with active aero, active braking, supercharged FPC, carbon fiber wheels, ect ect. There is a lot of tech in this car. The Demon is a heavy boat, very fast, but on a very dated chassis.
Yea but 840 bro..

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

its not an FPC...its cross-plane crank

dsoepdzk3wmkmzv8wrd9.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Ill be interested to see the full specs. Only thing that is iffy with that car is the weird slit style cheeks the front fascia has. Like what is that?

Was figuring it would be auto but a 7spd DCT? I'd be hesitant to see how that works given Ford's fiasco with the focus DCT's and how horrendous they were at pretty much everything. You would think the 10AT behind this thing would be beastly, and it already shifts tremendously fast. If this thing is a good handler with the DCT, it may be a prominent road courser as opposed to more straight-line useage like the GT500's of the past.

Sure Dodge will respond with some 1,200 hp "SuperOmegaDemonRAWR!" now, because they'll have to at this point in order to sell units, because their brand has nothing otherwise, and all the "full natty brah" cro-magnons will cheer about "muh horsepowerz" as it rolls over on its first 35mph corner.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately dodge releasing the demon with 840hp last year then GM pushing the Zr1 to 755hp makes everything much less impressive.

Instead they went the boring, easy cheap route. You can literally find TVS superchargers lying in trash bin of any shop, anytown USA. Not exactly ground breaking tech anymore.

So you are pissed that the GT500 is not impressive because it uses the same technology that its more impressive competitors use? Except GT500 the Predator motor is much more advanced than either.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Was figuring it would be auto but a 7spd DCT? I'd be hesitant to see how that works given Ford's fiasco with the focus DCT's and how horrendous they were at pretty much everything. You would think the 10AT behind this thing would be beastly, and it already shifts tremendously fast. If this thing is a good handler with the DCT, it may be a prominent road courser as opposed to more straight-line useage like the GT500's of the past.

The focus dct was a getrag collaborative effort...The DCT in the Shelby is a Tremec...I don't think it will be the wet fart the box in the focus was, it better not be...

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Sure Dodge will respond with some 1,200 hp "SuperOmegaDemonRAWR!" now, because they'll have to at this point in order to sell units, because their brand has nothing otherwise, and all the "full natty brah" cro-magnons will cheer about "muh horsepowerz" as it rolls over on its first 35mph corner.
a0364f849dcd26b9a6072a5da9739e22.jpg

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

aside from carbon fiber wheels all of the tech you mentioned has been on the market for more than a decade.

regardless i fear it's all too little too late

The fact that the car was unveiled today after a 5yr wait and this thread is only 5 pages speaks volumes. When the hellcat and later demon hit the scene every major forum was literally exploding with excitement, fear and chaos. lol

blk02edge

Established Member
aside from carbon fiber wheels all of the tech you mentioned has been on the market for more than a decade.

regardless i fear it's all too little too late

The fact that the car was unveiled today after a 5yr wait and this thread is only 5 pages speaks volumes. When the hellcat and later demon hit the scene every major forum was literally exploding with excitement, fear and chaos. lol
This one thread? Guess you havent been in the gt500 section where theres like 5 active threads one close to 300 pages...

Curious what kinda "tech" you were hoping for

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
This one thread? Guess you havent been in the gt500 section where theres like 5 active threads one close to 300 pages...

Curious what kinda "tech" you were hoping for
Lol, its a ****ing mustang. He was expecting koenigsegg, pagani and tesla levels of technology into a $25k car.
At least its sporting a DCT, car should be up there either the euro GT cars now. Just waiting to find out the weight... LOL

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
So you are pissed that the GT500 is not impressive because it uses the same technology that its more impressive competitors use? Except GT500 the Predator motor is much more advanced than either.

where did i say i was pissed? All im saying is its been 5yrs and after all the hype nothing announced today really makes anyone bat an eye.

at my job i work with a hardcore mustang fans and gear heads. Not a single peep, text or email from anyone about the GT500 today..

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
The entire front fascia is different, it has a new rear wing, new design for the carbon wheels....What were you expecting? It looks really different compared to a GT and GT350 to me.

GT500 has been gone since 2014. GT350 was absolutely not meant to, nor did it, replace the 500. We've been 500-less for the last 5 years or so.

In those 5 years, we have the ZL1, Z28, 1LE, Hell Cat, Demon, TrackHawk, C7Z, and more. It took Ford 5 years to come out with another Halo car that's not offering anything you couldn't already buy in one of the above. It's doing nothing that wasn't already in the marketplace 5 years ago. Innovative was a flat plane crank American V8. There's nothing innovative about this car. It's not resetting the marketplace. It's regurgitating it.

The car, IMO and many others, is a dud. It won't be anything most of us will touch, see, or bother to pay attention too. The price will ruin it, the lack of innovation has otherwise ruined my interest.

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm a little underwhelmed given how vanilla that type of car has become. It's very common, and Ford hasn't done much to differentiate it from being a Ford version of a Hell cat or ZL1.

Yep, exactly how I feel. Like I said in another thread, because of how long it's taken to release this thing, anything short of a complete destruction of the competition would be a let down. Not even sure it'll be equal to the competition at this point.

EDIT: On the plus side, at least it looks better than the new Supra.

Users who are viewing this thread