New Guy... 03 Cobra Track Dog!

03'Darin

Established Member
Venom525RWHP said:
I am just using the heater core as an additional radiator.:)

I bet your crappy streets must have been a lot of fun on the OT!! Sounds like you know your way around that track...;-)

No worries hijacking, this is pretty normal on our local Mustang forums.:beer:

Gotcha! Thought maybe that was the case. I end up running my heater when I do OT's during warm summer days to avoid hitting limp mode. I was planning on doing a bunch of cooling mods this winter but I just bought a track specific car yesterday. The 03' Probably won't see any more duty so I doubt I'll do the cooling stuff other than the head cooling.

Those street tires were actually pretty fun after the first session. It took a session to get the feel for how they worked. From there on out it was just a fun refresher on car control. :-D

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Venom525RWHP said:
I wish I can say that the ZO6 was another 'victim', but in all honesty Gord was hard on my tail the whole day. There was less than .5 of a sec between our best laps. My hats off to any Mustang that can run down and beat a new ZO6 (Darin you're the MAN!)

Well, I DO understand dealing with the NEW Z06 is a TALL order! ;-) There is No Doubt YOUR driver mod must be FAR superior to his!? :read:

Great pics and great stories.

Here's a short vid of me and Thomas playing on track at the Friday night test and tune before the AV8SS event at Gingerman in September.

27 meg version:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e4ffc39c-cc1f-44c5-9a7a-9870016b111f.htm

14 meg version of same:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2cbbde82-d0a1-4e83-8f49-98700166a97f.htm

I'll have some more vids of the weekend coming up shortly!

Enjoy!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
Hey Bruce.. was that track dry :shrug: Now I see how i'm supposed to attack that Gingerman Track :thumbsup:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
VENM said:
Hey Bruce.. was that track dry :shrug: Now I see how i'm supposed to attack that Gingerman Track :thumbsup:

Clay:

Yes, Friday night was dry!

ALL race tracks MUST be attacked!! They cannot simply be driven. :idea:

Gingerman is a very peculiar race track. It takes a lot of seat time and laps to find the fast line there! Trust me. Or you could simply watch my video! Take your pick! :read:

My favorite thing about Gingerman is it's camper friendly. When I pull in there on Friday night, I don't move until I leave on Sunday evening! That is something that other tracks should take note of! Lots of racers want to camp and like to camp.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Great Video, I rode with a guy named Bruce Byerly at Heartland Park last month in his '00 Cobra R, it was a fun ride, and he was tossing it all over the place and had control. The cabin noise was loud, but I liked it. I am just hoping to keep up with them some day. Seat time, seat time, never enough.

Dave

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
dtheo said:
Great Video, I rode with a guy named Bruce Byerly at Heartland Park last month in his '00 Cobra R, it was a fun ride, and he was tossing it all over the place and had control. The cabin noise was loud, but I liked it. I am just hoping to keep up with them some day. Seat time, seat time, never enough.

Dave

Yeah, Bruce and I have played a few times at Blackhawk. We really push those R's when we're running together! :pepper:

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Well, I DO understand dealing with the NEW Z06 is a TALL order! ;-) There is No Doubt YOUR driver mod must be FAR superior to his!? :read:

Great pics and great stories.

Here's a short vid of me and Thomas playing on track at the Friday night test and tune before the AV8SS event at Gingerman in September.

27 meg version:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e4ffc39c-cc1f-44c5-9a7a-9870016b111f.htm

14 meg version of same:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2cbbde82-d0a1-4e83-8f49-98700166a97f.htm

I'll have some more vids of the weekend coming up shortly!

Enjoy!

Hey I know that green stang...lol - you gotta love those leafs:banana: Great driving, love the sound!

Anyway I think of myself still being a Rookie and learning from the best. I do have a fav track though, MOSPORT! 10 track days on this track in the last 2 years alone = a LOT of laps (for a Rookie... hehe) = drivers mod!

I can't find my Mosoprt clip but here is one on Toronto Motorsports Park.
ps. I had problems with my gas peddal (bent) so I could not heel & toe...

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/Venom525rwhp/?action=view&current=1lapofTMP.flv

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
more pics...
My buddy has a Viper, go figure...
IMG_7980.jpg

Molson Indy 2006 - Toronto
Next to the smell of brakes, quess what els smell pretty darn good!
IMG_8613.jpg

Stanger58

Established Member
Venom525RWHP said:
Hello everyone
I've been brousing on this site a few time3 in the last 3 years, learning and making notes! Now I decided to join an introduce myself...
I am running a full weight street legal 03 Cobra on the OT on a regular basis. Did the 2003 SVTOA on Shannonville and the 2004 SVTOA on Dunneville in Canada. (maybe I met some of you there!?)

Mods: Ported Eaton at 10PSI max 18 deg total and 10.5A/F, two core rad from Fluidyne with end tanks modified into a dual pass setup, intercooler tapped into the heater core, custom windage under tray, fully boxed in front rad ducting, full exchaust & Intake,
2000Cobra R rotors & calipers with GS3 Grand Sport pads from Satisfied Motorsports, custom 3in ducting for the front rotors, battery behind passenger seat, subframe connectors, strutbraces, swaybars,
850-900lb/in springs with stock shocks, stock A arms with custom steel sleeved Delrin bushings on all four corners.
Tires: Toyo RA1 for competion (Solosprint rules for my class) and Grand Am Cup for open lapping.

thanks

Welcome to the board, Riaan... great having our "North of the border" go-fast buddies join us! :beer: But... we've missed you the last two years at Shannonville... the weather's been MUCH nicer than 2003!

I'm thinking about coming up to instruct for the Mustang club event at Mosport in June... hope to see you there!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Stanger58 said:
Welcome to the board, Riaan... great having our "North of the border" go-fast buddies join us! :beer: But... we've missed you the last two years at Shannonville... the weather's been MUCH nicer than 2003!

I'm thinking about coming up to instruct for the Mustang club event at Mosport in June... hope to see you there!

Hey Jeff:

Can you please supply a little more information about the "June Mosport Mustang Club" event? I'd like to get to some new tracks next year and don't have a good hook-up on Mosport events. Would they be looking for any instructors? ;-)

Thanks,

Bruce

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
Stanger58 said:

Thanks! Yep the 2003 SVTOA On Track on Shannonville was definately cold with rain and everything, but I loved it - after that event I was HOOKED on open track.:thumbsup: Between Solosprint, BEMC and BARC days there was just not enough time to do the 2005/2006 SVTOA events:(

'Mustangs on Mosport' by the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Clup is one of the highlights every year! I'll be there for sure... wanna go for a ride?:burnout:

If any of you guys 'south of the border' want to try a new track, I will highly recommend this event.

Mosport...
http://www.mosport.com/roadhome.htm

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Welcome! I have your videos on my favorites. Nice driving!!!

Edit: I never get tired of your videos. I am watching one now. Damn you can drive that car..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread