New H/E, too soon?

Samtabulis

Established Member
Well I just got back my tax return, so of course that means it's time to buy some car parts. I have just the basic mods now; upper pulley and tensioner, CAI and exhaust. I've been thinking about getting an intercooler expansion tank and dual pass heat exchanger from LFP. Would it be too soon for this? I suppose cooler intake charge temps are always good, but is it really worth it with the minimal mods I have done?

cobracide

Established Member
Good prep work for a port and a lower or TS. How's your traction? You can start addressing that too. Wider rims, rear tires if that's part of your goals.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I would pass on the H/E...I run a dual pass, but if I could do it again, I would have spent the money elsewhere...I say 10.5 inch rims and DRs...

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I would put the heat exhanger on. Not really gonna net you any power but its a good thing to have esp living in Florida id think. Anything to help prevent detonation is a plus in my mind. Thats these cars worst enemy!

Samtabulis

Established Member
Well I forgot to mention I already have subframe connectors and a strut tower brace. I also now have these items on order; wiring upgrade harness to install my BAP pre-FPDM, BilletFlow IRS Brace, and a MGW orange shifter. Now you guys have me considering the 10.5" rear wheels... I'm liking the looks of the FR500 wheels. Would you stick with 17s?

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I would do the heat exchanger if you plan on more power in the future. Also it wouldn't hurt since you live in Flordia. The 10.5 wheels are a good choice also. Before you buy wheels you should decide if you want to keep the 17's or move to 18's. No need to buy wheels and tires twice. I can't answer the 17's verses 18's question. The are some things to consider when choosing wheel size. I am considering moving up to 18's.

Also if you do decide to go with the heat exchanger give Lethal a call. Don't buy anything from lfp they are not a vender on this site anymore. Do a search on lfp and you will find out why I gave you this advise. You will thank me after you order from Lethal and you actually get your parts in a timely manner.

Last edited:

boatcop1

Established Member
Diddo on LFP, although I have not had a problem with them I have heard too many horor stories and I am going to walk away ahead before i become a victim.

The H/E is great insurance upgrade and def looks better than the stocker.

FR500's are nice but waaaaaaaaay popular on SN95 mustangs.

twhitey

Established Member
18s look great but they are a lot more expensive to buy tires for. I am on my second set of drag radials. I wish i would have bought 17s. You could buy stock 17 replicas possibly paint them black to keep cost down

Slow99x

Established Member
Black stockers on a redfire look geat. I have the H/E and expansion tank and I think they look great but I'm not really sure how they really helped me as far as power goes. I know a KB 2.8 that made 650rwhp with the stock H/E and the tune was safe.

Samtabulis

Established Member
Well I think I'll put in a H/E and expansion tank; I figure it's gotta help out in Florida. Then I think I'll start updating my fuel system. I'm thinking about getting the Eaton ported later. As for wheels, I think I'd have to go with 18's. They fill the wheelgap so much better. Of course I'd have to lower it so it doesn't look like a 4x4. Ahh! So many things I want to do. No, NEED to do!

Users who are viewing this thread