Established Member
IRS1.JPG
IRS2.JPG
IRS2.JPG
IRS3.JPG
IRS4.JPG
IRS6.JPG
IRS5.JPG

So I have wrapped up my IRS rebuild after snapping an axle at the track a couple months back. Powder coating took awhile. IRS build list:

DSS Level5 axles, complete FTBR bushing kit, FTBR adjustable toe links, FTBR adjustable sway bar links, Eibach sway bar, Carbon Fiber clutch pack in diff with new bearings, Ford Racing diff cover. I have to get shims installed still on LCA's and will be getting reinstalled in car this week. I will install the FTBR 13" rear brake setup as well.

delly

Established Member
I'm not a red kind of guy, but that looks awesome. You did a really nice job!!

03SVT Ski

Established Member
Looks great!

Just double check those adjustable sway bar lengths when the car is on the ground with weight on it.

I have been made aware of this, thanks for looking out. I’m sure it will take some time dialing it in, but worth it in the end.

TimKonaGT500

Established Member
Looks great!! I am doing a similar rebuild with my 01. FTBR bushings all around but going with Maximum Motorsports TCoil overs and tie rods. I powdercoated everything too. Upgraded to 03 Cobra axles and front diff support.

I reinstalled mine without the axles, knuckles and tie rods on to keep the weight down a little bit. Still an effort to get it back in there.

04screamingvert

Established Member
The IRS really looks awesome I don’t think I’ve ever seen one put together quite as nice. I do have one question regarding your Ford racing performance differential Cover what choice did you make for the gasket material?

03SVT Ski

Established Member
The IRS really looks awesome I don’t think I’ve ever seen one put together quite as nice. I do have one question regarding your Ford racing performance differential Cover what choice did you make for the gasket material?

Only thing I used was gasket sealer, that’s what is used from the factory. Clean both surfaces well and that’s it. No leaks.

03SVT Ski

Established Member

Thank you, it was a shit ton of work, and had I known how much prior to starting not sure I would have followed through. But I will say Full tilt Boogie is the real deal, don’t bother with anyone else fornyou IRS.

Users who are viewing this thread