New license lights not working

Canson

Established Member
i bought 2 sets of new led licence lights from ebay china seller, and both sets didn't work. I thought that it was probably because of "Made in China"

So i bought new set but this time from ebay USA seller. And this one also doesn't work.

Does anybody know what i am doing wrong? I can't be that unlucky that all of them are dead?

This one from China

83fb3758b4cbaf942697cbb8de6e4f63.jpg

This one from USA

410c710a6b70b7d01650c4c680abb5e0.jpg

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

Canson

Established Member
These are strip assemblies with the housing? I can't quite tell from pics.
Not sure what you mean with your question?

With these lights you change the whole license housing. But but when i plug them no light turn on which is really weird.

I see.in their website that it says 12v required.

Isn't the plug already 12v from the car that is connected to the oem light with housing?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not getting correct power. Are these suppose to be direct replacements?

Canson

Established Member
Not getting correct power. Are these suppose to be direct replacements?
yes i think so , it says no modifications required.
It's plug and play.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Honestly neither one gives really any description. One shows a picture and say plug and play. But Honestly i would not trust either links.

I would look at actual trusted sites that give plenty of information. Including full installation instructions and videos.

Canson

Established Member
Honestly neither one gives really any description. One shows a picture and say plug and play. But Honestly i would not trust either links.

I would look at actual trusted sites that give plenty of information. Including full installation instructions and videos.
Yes , unfortunately they don't have an installation video.

But this guy on YouTube installs similar led light and works perfectly for him.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes , unfortunately they don't have an installation video.

But this guy on YouTube installs similar led light and works perfectly for him.

But as you said similar. So why not go with the exact brand in that video.

Canson

Established Member
But as you said similar. So why not go with the exact brand in that video.
I saw that video yesterday actually , didn't know that brand. Would have bought from them otherwise. But now i already spent so much money on these damn lights without any result.

There must be something that i am doing wrong , all of the lights can't be dead lol. 6 in total.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I saw that video yesterday actually , didn't know that brand. Would have bought from them otherwise. But now i already spent so much money on these damn lights without any result.

There must be something that i am doing wrong , all of the lights can't be dead lol. 6 in total.

Not saying there dead but something isn't when there is zero information from the links you bought from. Did they even come with any instructions? Hard to know what you did wrong with no instructions.

Canson

Established Member
Not saying there dead but something isn't when there is zero information from the links you bought from. Did they even come with any instructions? Hard to know what you did wrong with no instructions.
They didn't come with instructions.

I will try install them tommorow again and this time will make sure they are snugged tightly so i can hear the click.

Willie

Established Member
These should be simple to test with just a couple of wires. Connect them directly to any 12-volt source, such as the car battery. If they do not light, reverse the wires. Tell us what happens.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
These should be simple to test with just a couple of wires. Connect them directly to any 12-volt source, such as the car battery. If they do not light, reverse the wires. Tell us what happens.

LED has to be wired to the correct wires, they can not be switched back and forth like stock incandescent that can be wired either way.

Willie

Established Member
LED has to be wired to the correct wires, they can not be switched back and forth like stock incandescent that can be wired either way.

This is the exact reason why I said what I did. If they are connected in reverse, they simply do not work. No damage will incur. I have one suspicion that these lights might be wired in reverse. My simple test will eliminate this possibility.

Willie

hotcobra03

Established Member
Violet/white power

Black/white is ground

Your side marker is also on this circuit,

Does that bulb need to be led also?

Mixed bulbs on same circuit,

Canson

Established Member
I am unfortunately gone for work until Friday.

I can't test the light in reverse because the connection housing fits only in one way.

You guys might be right. The wires could be in reverse maybe.

But i am not so sure how to test it exactly.

I believe my front and back side markers are led and they light up without any problems.
They are the diode dynamics smoked Led lights.

Willie

Established Member
....I can't test the light in reverse because the connection housing fits only in one way.

You do not need another connector. If you can get two lengths of 18 to 24 gauge wire, strip off the ends. All you need to do is to touch the bare wire to the connector pins on the light assembly if they are male. If the pins are female, simply insert the bare wires into the slots. Once you've done both wires to the light assembly, touch the other ends of the wires to the car battery. All you need is a split second connection to see if the light lights.

Willie

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread