New MD tags are horrible, so i did this..... (2011 Mustang GT inside)

8URC6

God Bless America
Established Member
These new MD tags looked like a kindergarden designed them, and i wanted to throw up when i put them on my new Mustang :xpl:
IMG_0074.gif

I even threw my old tag from my 03 and 04 Cobra on it and still didnt like it
IMG_0079.gif

So i went to my buddies body shop and came out with this :rockon:
IMG_0097.gif

IMG_0100.gif

IMG_0101.gif

8URC6

God Bless America
Established Member
The MVA did not have an answer if it was legal or not, talked to a buddy that is a local cop and he said he wouldn't bother me about it, but if a cop wanted to be a dick he could get me with a repair order. So i guess ill find out soon how legal it is.......i really dont care though i love the way they came out im kepping'm on :poke:

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
I dont know about Maryland, but that would NOT fly in WI. Modification to a government issued registration plate is NOT a good idea.

Looks nice though!

CFRacer22

Established Member
I like it. Its still readable (probably more easily readable), you'd have to be a dick cop to pull someone over or write a ticket for that

Detroit

Established Member
If I painted my license plate I would expect to get pulled over every time a cop was behind me. Looks good, and I would love to have my plate match my car, but no way its legal.

8URC6

God Bless America
Established Member
MD law states the tag has to be visible, does not say anything about altering or cosmetics of the tags. So what so illegal about it ?

turbo2345

Established Member
Great mod

Great simple idea that made it look very clean.i see historic vehicles with this all the time.i doubt if its illegal if it still readable.if it is,keep it on til the catch you.great mod.

96dreamer

Established Member
looks real good, that being said i would get pulled over before i left my driveway. i got questioned in my old s-10 about the bottom 2 inches of the plate being bent at about a 45 degree angle.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I think it looks good. Much better than the "URICER" one (couldn't see the other pic).

I've been thinking about getting a personalized tag. How much do those things cost? Is it a yearly thing you have to pay on it? I'm sure it's different from state to state.

Users who are viewing this thread