New member picked up a Terminator

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I do not know everything about these cars, but from the one picture you posted it appears there is no idler pulley?:shrug:

Nice looking Cobra.

Cos

Established Member
I do not know everything about these cars, but from the one picture you posted it appears there is no idler pulley?:shrug:

Nice looking Cobra.

Not sure if I am missing a few but I do have about 4 idler pulleys between both of the belts.

I marked up this photo for you:

2011-11-26140129-1.gif

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure if I am missing a few but I do have about 4 idler pulleys between both of the belts.

2011-11-26140129-1.gif

Heres a picture of mine, you can see the other pulley next to the blower for more belt wrap. I also have there 3 piece matching idlers. Yours looks to be stock idlers yet.

023.gif

003-10.jpg

002-10.jpg

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member

2011-11-26140129-1.gif

I am talking about the snub idler pulley and bracket right next to the blower pulley.

engine012.jpg

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Also the Stage 4 port was information from the previous owner who didnt even send the blower away. If I had to guess it is a Stage 1 port on it. I was also told they swapped injectors out but that wasnt true either. I think the mods are a lot more calm then I originally thought.

I'm confused. The previous owner didn't remove the blower for a port? I see the blower has the Steg logo on it, so they had their hands on it at one point. Also I note that you said they told you it had bigger injectors, but in the "mod list" you posted in the first post it states the car has factory (39lb) injectors? Either way, congrats on the pick up, they're fun toys!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Picked up a 2003 Terminator on Monday. Absolutely love it! Drove 1000km so far and that is working a lot already. Got a great deal on the thing and am so happy I pulled the plug.
congrats man. I love that color .. just not as much as mystichrome LOL!

not to pick nits but a lesson in metaphors ...

pull the plug means to cancel a deal or sink a boat or drain the bathtub.

pull the trigger means make a deal. and it looks like you made a good one :beer:

Cos

Established Member
congrats man. I love that color .. just not as much as mystichrome LOL!

not to pick nits but a lesson in metaphors ...

pull the plug means to cancel a deal or sink a boat or drain the bathtub.

pull the trigger means make a deal. and it looks like you made a good one :beer:

You are right. I was too excited. Haha

It's a Mustang Dyno which reads lower. I think they read 3-5% lower but not sure.

Congrats on a clean ride!

Yeah that is what I was told too. I am not too worried about it. It runs great.

I'm confused. The previous owner didn't remove the blower for a port? I see the blower has the Steg logo on it, so they had their hands on it at one point. Also I note that you said they told you it had bigger injectors, but in the "mod list" you posted in the first post it states the car has factory (39lb) injectors? Either way, congrats on the pick up, they're fun toys!

Sorry I know I am being confusing just because I dont know. The S/C is ported for sure but I dont know if it was a stage 4. It may have only been the basic porting on their website.

As for the injectors he said they swapped it with 39's but I found out what shop did all the work (Mustang shop who also did the dyno and the tune) and all that was done was:

- MAFia
- Intake
- Exhaust
- 2lb lower
- 2.93 S/C
- Ported to some extent by Steg
- SCT tuner.
- Plugs were done at the same time

AFAIK that is all that is done to it besides stock. It doesnt even have a short throw in it, just a Steeda knob.

I am talking about the snub idler pulley and bracket right next to the blower pulley.

engine012.jpg

Huh..... I have seen a couple of those before but I thought they were aftermarket. The stock termi's have a S/C belt shield that I dont think would clear that.

173_0306_5z+2003_Ford_Mustang_Cobra+Engine.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe Booky is stating that you should get the aux pulley, we all know "stock" they have a shield, and depending on the size of upper pulley the oem shield can still fit.

can04cobra

Established Member
stage 4 port, and the dyno sheet says 425hp? a LITTLE on the low side?!? psshhh more like low as fugg!

something isnt right.

Its the dyno! Had my car on the same dyno 2.9 whipple 18psi tune is on the money put down 540hp not sure if the 4.10's gears affected my numbers much but the 1/4 mile will tell the whole story when the snow is gone!

Welcome COS always nice to see another Calgary memeber :beer:
I have a metco dual ball bearing idler set in the garage collecting dust if your interested message me if you interested or just wanna shoot the sh!t

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This is like the 4th new Redfire purchase in the last few weeks, I"M Jealous!
And yes a very high elevation is gonna kill dyno HP, just look when the NHRA Pro-Stock cars run at those tracks. His 470 Dyno-Jet is probably close to 500 at sea level..

canadiancobra

Established Member
I just got home tonight after an 18h drive and got my cobra in fort mcmurry 36000k one owner has a 2.3 whipple only 12 psi and made 484 on a mustang dyno at tecmotion in calgary which i think is low but what the hell glad to see some fellow canadians on site nice car have fun

Cos

Established Member
I believe Booky is stating that you should get the aux pulley, we all know "stock" they have a shield, and depending on the size of upper pulley the oem shield can still fit.

Nice looking Cobra.

^^ no he initially said he didnt know if I was supposed to have it.

Its the dyno! Had my car on the same dyno 2.9 whipple 18psi tune is on the money put down 540hp not sure if the 4.10's gears affected my numbers much but the 1/4 mile will tell the whole story when the snow is gone!

Welcome COS always nice to see another Calgary memeber :beer:
I have a metco dual ball bearing idler set in the garage collecting dust if your interested message me if you interested or just wanna shoot the sh!t

Cool man yeah we will have to meet up in the spring for sure. What is the benefit of it? Mine seems to be alright and I dont have any slip.

This is like the 4th new Redfire purchase in the last few weeks, I"M Jealous!
And yes a very high elevation is gonna kill dyno HP, just look when the NHRA Pro-Stock cars run at those tracks. His 470 Dyno-Jet is probably close to 500 at sea level..

Yeah I have had it about a month. The paint is alright for a 2003 car, not as perfect as I would like though. The colour is absolutely stunning.

Cos

Established Member
Well only been 4 years since I've updated this post. haha. Still have the car, just broke 180,000km on it and still love it. A few things done in the last 4 years, but mostly just drive it.

Finished the brakes.
Cut polished (twice now in 4 years, haha).
Swapped in a ACT Clutch
BBK clutch kit, POS and swapped to an MM clutch kit and quadrant.
SPEC flywheel.
Got the tune cleaned up.
Swapped the exhaust from a resonator free through to a Magnaflow performance muffler.
Replaced the Alternator which wasn't braced properly with the different lower so the bearing went. Fixed that.
Put in a new head unit, rest of the stereo to go in over the winter.
and finally a MGW Short Throw with Comfort Handle.

Some more updated pictures:
IMG_20140604_072025_zpsc2223959.gif

IMG_20140604_072047_zpsdd647d93.gif

IMG_20140604_072207_zpsd8691a36.gif

IMG_20140604_071529_zps18577628.gif

IMG_20150930_162822_zpsfzl3nyae.gif

IMG_20150930_162503_zpstmabudvb.gif

ctgreddy

Established Member
Still looks really nice man. could use a slightly lower stance, but I like lowered cars and not everyone does.

Users who are viewing this thread