NEW MUSTANG GT OWNERS CAN NOW HUSH THE V8 GROWL

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So Ghey. Both my SRT392 and my Hellcat are loud as **** on startup with stock exhaust. Guess they are not after the Euro crowd?

Recon

Established Member
i'd say its time for straight pipes. Maybe whistle tips on the DD.
No thanks. Not interested in straight piping my Pontiac.

You do know they are deaf, right? :)
Just a little bit.

The folks directly behind us leave their yapping chihuahuas outside all the time, another to the left likes to start yard work and home improvement projects at O'dark-thirty, the elderly couple to our right like to scream at each other outside. There are some assholes down the street that think its still the 4th July, so I have zero sympathy for my ****ing neighbors.

The 80 year old guy that likes to scream at his wife told me I was a menace destroying the tranquility of the neighborhood :D FWIW I don't rev my cars, nor do I speed thru the neighborhood, but they are loud, especially the H/C/I Camaro. I also work 10-7, so I am not leaving at the crack of dawn. He recently passed away, so that won't be an issue any more.
That's interesting. Sounds like your car should be the least of the worries in the neighborhood.

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
If they felt the need to put a quiet mode on this car, it makes me wonder how much louder the 18's are going to be. I didn't get a chance to hear the one I saw at Carlisle, but a factory 15-17 GT is very, very quiet. Quiet to the point I was WOT next to a NJ state trooper while pulling onto a highway and he didn't even look over.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I want an option to make the exhaust LOUDER, not quieter....
We all do that anyway. I see nothing wrong with having this as an option. Yeah, yeah if it's too loud, you're too old. Most of us will not get this, but it is (in total) an industry first just like technological advances brought us power steering, power brakes, air conditioning etc... I'd argue that almost no one would buy a car without any of those features.

08mojo

Established Member
I absolutely loved the dual mode exhaust on my Z06. It was awesome for road trips when I wanted the car to be quiet and great for all the times when I wanted to wake the dead.

I really like the feature of a quiet start on the new mustang and dual mode exhaust. My wife often leaves for the gym at 5:30am. Our neighbors have never compained, but I do feel like we are being assholes for having such loud cars and leaving at odd hours. Her car shakes our whole house on cold starts, thank god we have good neighbors. I will be looking for more information on the new exhaust setup and see if I can move some of the parts over to our 2016. I don't see it as pussification, but rather having the best of both worlds.

Zemedici

Established Member
I absolutely loved the dual mode exhaust on my Z06. It was awesome for road trips when I wanted the car to be quiet and great for all the times when I wanted to wake the dead.

I really like the feature of a quiet start on the new mustang and dual mode exhaust. My wife often leaves for the gym at 5:30am. Our neighbors have never compained, but I do feel like we are being assholes for having such loud cars and leaving at odd hours. Her car shakes our whole house on cold starts, thank god we have good neighbors. I will be looking for more information on the new exhaust setup and see if I can move some of the parts over to our 2016. I don't see it as pussification, but rather having the best of both worlds.

The hell does your wife drive, buddy?

08mojo

Established Member
The hell does your wife drive, buddy?

2016 gt with roush mufflers and x-pipe (no resonators)--stock otherwise. The cold starts are stupid...I need to talk to you about a tune and to see if we can calm down the cold starts. Once the car is warm, it's completely reasonable, but when cold...it's more than I expect my neighbors to put up with at 5:00 in the morning.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
2016 gt with roush mufflers and x-pipe (no resonators)--stock otherwise. The cold starts are stupid...I need to talk to you about a tune and to see if we can calm down the cold starts. Once the car is warm, it's completely reasonable, but when cold...it's more that I expect my neighbors to put up with at 5:00 in the morning.

Yessir - you know where to find me!

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I have this one neighbor with this over grown mini bike. Keeps driving up and down the street pulling wheelies and WAAAAAAA-WAAAAAAA!!!

It's annoying.

Now my cars are cool and make cool VROOOM sounds :)

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
How about not living too close to your ****ing neighbors. I never understood the appeal of living in neighborhoods where the houses are 10 ft away from each other. **** that.
It sucks and not appealing. But when I was moving last summer that's all I could get for my budget and nearly all you find for 175k-225k and even on up which is out of my budget. I'd love to live on an acre but for one they don't go up for sale much, and almost all the homes are "cookie cutter" and in the Home Owners subdivisions throughout what used to be farm country. Kind of sad really. They just clear out another woods and throw in another 200 homes that all look the same right next to each other. Thousands upon thousands of homes stacked up like you wouldn't believe.
The 80 year old guy that likes to scream at his wife told me I was a menace destroying the tranquility of the neighborhood :D FWIW I don't rev my cars, nor do I speed thru the neighborhood, but they are loud, especially the H/C/I Camaro.

I can share almost the exact same thing. I used to live in a townhome. Old man and his wife yelled at each other all the time and absolutely hated my car. However they had a stairlift that rocked the entire building when she would go up and down, sounded like they would drop bowling balls on the ground at least 3 or 4 times a day (no idea what that was) and the old lady even put a sign in their yard pointed at my driveway that said "stop doing evil. repent. Jesus loves you". I'll even show you a pic. Every time she'd see the car she'd go running inside. Scared her to death. Not literally but you get the point

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
bf5b22040240ebe19c93a89c7546d7c4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If they felt the need to put a quiet mode on this car, it makes me wonder how much louder the 18's are going to be. I didn't get a chance to hear the one I saw at Carlisle, but a factory 15-17 GT is very, very quiet. Quiet to the point I was WOT next to a NJ state trooper while pulling onto a highway and he didn't even look over.
There was a guy on another forum who caught 11 of them pass him on his dash cam.

Based on what I could tell from the video, this car is louder than the GT500.

assasyn

Established Member
I really don't care much about the neighbors, but when I leave early in the morning, not waking kids/baby up at 4 am seems like a good idea. I'd also like an FU mode that sounded like a race car.

blk02edge

Established Member
y'all what about all these guys that work overnight, and daily drive a Longtube Header / Catback exhaust mustang? Or people that live in townhomes? Its a very reasonable option for people that live in the city, imo.

I know when I lived with my brother in his ritzy ass HOA community both my car and my girls car were garnering unwanted attention due to the exhaust volume.
I would agree but then how will my neighbors know how bad ass I am? I need loud pipes at all times to prove my manhood

Users who are viewing this thread