New on suspension mod, Question about springs

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
I use my cobra for DD and i occasionally drag race on streets , never on the track , so im looking just an agressive stance instead of handling or cornering of etc.

So heres is the question , would be enough and the best choice for my goals, to just cut the stock springs?

Whats the best technique or the correct one to cut them , and how much i would need to cut on the front and rear springs ?

Anyone has an issue by cutting their stock springs? noise? bad suspension or something?

Thanks !

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
No problem. More guys will chime in, but this section doesn't get much traffic sometimes. You are in the right place but it may take a couple days for others to check in.

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
Yeah thats whats i was noticing , but well , hope i could get more answers , thanks again with your help , im reading every link on that thread and im making up my mind , im planning on cutting 3/4 or 1" all the way arround , i hope i wont get any rubber issues

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
I use my cobra for DD and i occasionally drag race on streets , never on the track , so im looking just an agressive stance instead of handling or cornering of etc.

So heres is the question , would be enough and the best choice for my goals, to just cut the stock springs?

Whats the best technique or the correct one to cut them , and how much i would need to cut on the front and rear springs ?

Anyone has an issue by cutting their stock springs? noise? bad suspension or something?

Thanks !

Yeah i kind of have the same question you have with my car. Im afraid if i cut my factory springs, my car will rattle and squeak when i go over small bumps. That's why i think i'm more than likely going to go with the H&R Race springs. I've heard a lot of good things about them. They don't sit too high or too low and they have a real mean aggressive stance to them.

Users who are viewing this thread