New Orleans and Surrounding Area!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Shane, I met a guy at NPR who runs L&S automotive, they have a location in Baton Rouge and one in Port allen. They just bought into SCT tuning software and have tuned a few cars and lightnings, I will be talking to him again this week, maybe we should consider this after I find out a little more. I know his lightning put a hurt on me down the track.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
I have heard about your procharged cobra that you got for dirt cheap. I won't say the price :-D . I have seen a couple but since ones local, that rocks. I want to see ya run it. What can ya do for a ole foxbody?

fasterandfaster

Yes this Cobra was a sweet deal.
I will say that It has been a nightmare finishing. (probably why the car was sold).
According to Progharger this is the ONLY car, (Besides their own car) That has this particular kit.
With saying that, there is no support for me finishing the car.
I am staying in contact with them in hopes for a possible magazine spot when its finished.
I am currently fabbing up some crazy ductwork for the intake tract and MAF location. It is going to be a sight!

Vince

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
12.10 @ 108? He must have alot of gear. My car went 108 but 12.85 but I have stock 3:27s and bone stock susp. How much for a gear swap and rebuild the trac-loc?

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
Shane, I met a guy at NPR who runs L&S automotive, they have a location in Baton Rouge and one in Port allen. They just bought into SCT tuning software and have tuned a few cars and lightnings, I will be talking to him again this week, maybe we should consider this after I find out a little more. I know his lightning put a hurt on me down the track.

That is a ray of light, because getting Amazon to set a time looks like it may be more difficult on short notice. Find out what this guy is all about let us know, everybody keep your eyes open for any tuners! SCT is good stuff everybody seems to be using it.

Amazon Can do a short notice disregard the above post.

Last edited:

ZEM'S04 L

Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:

Yeah, but I think that Vince doesn't do dyno tunes.......he does not have a dyno.

I will hold out for a dyno tune!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I talked to Vince for a while yesterday, He can do Dyno tunes and we would just go to thunder as planned. He tunes real world, make adjustment, drive the car with the data logger, make adjustments, data log, and so on. It allows you to improve the car and not lose driveability. This does make sence to me and I know other people do it. You can do this and strap it to the dyno.

Dyno tuning only lets you get good RWHP and safe A/F mixture with nothing else.
I've set my appointment for week after next, I'll let you know the outcome. We will tune it this way and then I'm going to dyno.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Yates...Man said:
That is a ray of light, because getting Amazon to set a time looks like it may be more difficult on short notice. Find out what this guy is all about let us know, everybody keep your eyes open for any tuners! SCT is good stuff everybody seems to be using it.

we are flexible about scheduling..when did you want to do this dyno day?Orignally I was under the impression it was for April for FFW but if you want it sooner that is no problem either.. so far no one has even called me to discuss any details..We are willing to come to your area so you can have the benefit of Ricks knowledge and expertise with these cars..Rick uses both Diablosport and SCT tuning products...but tuning products are only as good as the person using them. Rick has been tuning 03 Cobras since they were available and has tuned hundreds of them.90% of the cars being worked on any given day in our shop are 03/04 Cobras.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Linn I hope we didn't piss anyone off with this thread, sorry I didn't mean to take any business from you. I think a bunch of people started working on this fromm different places and directions. I personally must get mine done to cure the SES light as soon as possible due to inspection at the end of this month. Looks like we need to get out S**t together.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Linn@AmazonRacing said:
we are flexible about scheduling..when did you want to do this dyno day?Orignally I was under the impression it was for April for FFW but if you want it sooner that is no problem either.. so far no one has even called me to discuss any details..We are willing to come to your area so you can have the benefit of Ricks knowledge and expertise with these cars..Rick uses both Diablosport and SCT tuning products...but tuning products are only as good as the person using them. Rick has been tuning 03 Cobras since they were available and has tuned hundreds of them.90% of the cars being worked on any given day in our shop are 03/04 Cobras.

That is great Linn sorry for the confusion we do need to get our sh** together. Flexible is good because it may be difficult for us to get a group of cars together at a distant date (things pop up too easily). We would love nothing more to have Rick do the tune, that is for sure. However we are worried about getting the necessary vehicles together, which is why short notice works!

How short of a notice can we give you guys 3 weeks possibly. We can get the cars together under a relatively short notice. One thing is for sure we do want an experienced tuner, and Rick is the man. If we have to wait for the FFW event to get you guys I will wait, everybody else can chime in on their personal opinion.

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
I'll keep my money local. Thanks. It makes more sence for tunes in my opinion. I'd prefer to drive 45 minutes to modify a tune with the tuner present, rather than trying to nail something down through an email. I've done the email thing with JDM. No thanks! :rolling: :burnout:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Yates...Man said:
That is great Linn sorry for the confusion we do need to get our sh** together. Flexible is good because it may be difficult for us to get a group of cars together at a distant date (things pop up too easily). We would love nothing more to have Rick do the tune, that is for sure. However we are worried about getting the necessary vehicles together, which is why short notice works!

How short of a notice can we give you guys 3 weeks possibly. We can get the cars together under a relatively short notice. One thing is for sure we do want an experienced tuner, and Rick is the man. If we have to wait for the FFW event to get you guys I will wait, everybody else can chime in on their personal opinion.

just let me know what you are thinking and we can work with it..3 weeks shouldnt be a problem as long as it isnt on a weekend that we have to be at a NMRA event..you need a starting point so pick a date and go from there..

Users who are viewing this thread