New Owner 97 Cobra Blk/Tan Coupe 31k Miles

LEAVNYA

"TOXIC"
Established Member
:shrug:Long time lurker, first time poster here. I just acquired my first Cobra this past weekend. I have owned 3 Mustangs in the last 15 years. We still have a 92 GT and a 93 LX. The crappy pics here are from my phone, my Wife is a photographer so I should have some worthy pics at some point. 31k miles, majority of work done at 25k. So far I've Replaced the Cluster and Autometer bulbs with white LED's and added the Polished bumper inlays.

Details are in my sig.

1.png

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Although I don't like the saddle interior, you sir have a beautiful car!!

LEAVNYA

"TOXIC"
Established Member
Nice car, what's involved doing the LEDs in the cluster?

I ordered 7 of these LED's(5 for the cluster, 2 for the Autometer Gauges):
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...194-led-bulb-5-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/199/

Takes all of 15 minutes, taking your time. You'll need a T20 to take the bezel and cluster out. Since the Cobra cluster has a Blue film behind the gauges you normally have a blue/green colored light from the yellow tinted bulbs. If you go with White LED's like I did it will be Blue like in my photo. I took a blue sharpie to the two LED's in the Phantom gauges. You would need to do the A/C lights as well if you are super anal about it all matching perfectly, I chose not to for now.

Users who are viewing this thread