New Pics with Chrome Wheels

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
I just got these, check them out! What do you all think?

index.php

index.php

index.php

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Looks nice! :-D I take it that's the stock wheel, just chromed?

I like the looks of the stock wheels plain or chromed, they are just heavy IMHO.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

mds370

Established Member
Very nice!! Mine just arrived on fri. Will be on hopefully next week

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
never been a big chrome fan. i like the polished look better, and a competition grey would look sweet with your paint scheme imo.

i am glad you like the chrome. you cant go wrong the gt500 in any case.:D :beer:

Dave07997S

Established Member
ac427cobra said:

I like the looks of the stock wheels plain or chromed, they are just heavy IMHO.

And even heavier now that they are chormed...Looks nice though.

Dave

chuckstang

Established Member
Those rims look smaller and narrower ???????

Are those new knock off rims or the stock ones chrome??

Does anyone know how you could take the stock rims and give them a competition gray or maybe black chrome look like the c6 vette rims???

Oh and those rims look nice in chrome but those tires are smaller in the rear are they not?

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
ac427cobra said:

They are aftermarket replica wheels in chrome(18x9.5). I forgot to weigh them before installing them, but the shipping weight on the boxes was 22#s. The stock wheels in the same boxes weigh 31#s each. I did notice that the area were the TPS mounts is a smaller diameter than stock(stock strap was too big).

mds370 said:
Very nice!! Mine just arrived on fri. Will be on hopefully next week

What is the shipping weight marked on your boxes? Also, can you hold a boxed wheel, weigh yourself on a scale and then subtract your weight(unless you have a shipping scale)?

chuckstang said:
Those rims look smaller and narrower ???????

Are those new knock off rims or the stock ones chrome??

Does anyone know how you could take the stock rims and give them a competition gray or maybe black chrome look like the c6 vette rims???

Oh and those rims look nice in chrome but those tires are smaller in the rear are they not?

As stated above they are chrome plated replica GT500 wheels 18x9.5 with the stock tires remounted. I measured the wheels and there is an 1/8th of an inch difference in the backspace. The only other difference I see is the fact that the edges are smoother, to allow for plating I'm sure.

index.php

Thanks guys for the positive feedback!

index.php

Last edited:

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
never been a big chrome fan. i like the polished look better, and a competition grey would look sweet with your paint scheme imo.

i am glad you like the chrome. you cant go wrong the gt500 in any case.:D :beer:

I really like these wheels and I was thinking they would look good on my car. I like the polished lip look.

b427.jpg

To me black and chrome go great together. Plus I like the idea of keeping a stock type appearance to the car.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
WILDTHANG said:
I really like these wheels and I was thinking they would look good on my car. I like the polished lip look.

To me black and chrome go great together. Plus I like the idea of keeping a stock type appearance to the car.

i hear you on both accounts. i like the stock look as well. and the wheel above(team 3 wheel same design and look) was what i was looking to get for my dsg mach 1.

racinskillz101

The New Guy
Established Member
That is an awsome looking car man! The wheels look killer, dose anyone make a tungsten colored wheel? those could look very sinister on a black/tungsten car

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
racinskillz101 said:
That is an awsome looking car man! The wheels look killer, dose anyone make a tungsten colored wheel? those could look very sinister on a black/tungsten car

that would be my first choice. tungsten or comp grey would look sweet on that color combo.:D

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i hear you on both accounts. i like the stock look as well. and the wheel above(team 3 wheel same design and look) was what i was looking to get for my dsg mach 1.

I have a DSG 03 Cobra and I had thought about those for it, but IMO they they would only look right on a 05up or 65-70. I'm not a big knock off fan, but they fit with that wheel.

CAFORDS_TT_016.jpg

chuckstang

Established Member
ya, how do you get a comp gray finish like on the painted portion of the stock gt500 rim and same as the stock 03 cobra rims and the new c6 comp gray vette rims ???
Just have them painted?

Users who are viewing this thread