NEW redesigned True Forged intercooler reservoirs!! 100% aluminum! NO plastic!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
We had some issues with the plastic fuel cell caps we were using before. in fact, ALL brands of intercooler reservoir tanks have been known to have issues with leaking. we started siliconing the hell out of them but some times it still wasnt enough :bored:

we got tired of it, we got angry, we got creative! :dancenana:

we have now started making our tanks with our own, exclusive, 100% billet aluminum caps that THREAD into the tanks! no more cheapo fuel cell caps to leak, get stuck, rust. these billet caps thread right into place and are leak free. you cant see it in these pics but there is an Oring in the threads on the cap.

not only do these slick billet caps prevent leaking, you can have them custom finished, just like the tank!

AND

we have been working with Jay of JLT to do a little redesigning of the tank. Jay takes his road racing, quite often, and discovered that the outlet tube could use a little more of a drop section to keep the fluid from all going to one corner during heaving cornering. we will now be adding those to ALL of our GT500 tanks from now on. you can also see that there is a "drain" between the main tank and the new outlet box to prevent ice from plugging up the outlet tube as well. Thank you Jay for your contributions to helping our product evolve. your input came just in time for the new cap addition :beer:

we JUST finished up a batch of 03 cobra tanks as you can see down below and they are starting to arrive at customer's homes. people are really liking the new caps!

we're in the middle of doing a batch of Lightning tanks right now.

up next will be the GT500 tanks, or another batch of 03 cobra tanks.

if i can get at least 10 people here to commit to purchasing one of the sweet new tanks, we will do the GT500 tanks next. we do them in batches of 20 but i only need 10 to get them started.

Due to the trick new caps, and the added box section on the bottom, the price has gone up just a little.

here is the pricing breakdown:

for the tank in basic, raw aluminum, it will be $250 shipped. since raw aluminum scratches very easily, we will include brushed finish at no charge. (a sweet finish for free!!)

polished finish, gloss black, satin black, crinkle black or clear ceramic coating for only $30 more. $10 extra for a powdercoating color not listed here.

the cap will come in natural billet finish. if you want it polished, powdercoated, brushed (surface only), it will be $10 more.

CLEAR CERAMIC COATING is available for $30 more. its GOOD protection for polished/brushed tanks and adds to the cooling abilities as well!

black chrome for $70

custom airbrushing or oem paint matching starting at $100 (pm with any questions)

custom etching starting at $20 (pm with any questions)

Payment methods accepted:
USPS money orders or Paypal/CC with 3%.
you have the option to save 3% off your order by sending a USPS money order. they cost $1 :thumbsup:

so let's say you want the following:

crinkle black with polished cap:
$250 tank
$ 30 crinkle black
$ 10 polished cap
------
$290 shipped! (then add 3% if by PP or CC or save a few bucks and send a usps money order :beer:

at $290 SHIPPED, that's still OVER $60 less than the smaller Moroso or Pfab tanks which have hardly any finish options and dont even include shipping :shrug: if you already bought one, go to the shelby forum and sell that thing for a few bucks less than they go for new, buy one here, and pocket the difference:thumbsup:

another example.
polished tank with polished cap and all clear ceramic coated with custom etching
$250 tank SHIPPED
$ 30 polishing
$ 10 polished cap
$ 30 clear ceramic coating
$ 20 custom etching
-------
$340 SHIPPED (plus 3% if by PP/CC). that's STILL less than the competition and you cant even get theirs with ceramic coating :dancenana:

we can also have YOUR build info for your SHELBY custom etched onto the tank. it would be a one off design needing its own template which costs about $100 (if you provide the artwork). you can also have YOUR username, car's nickname, dog's photo, band name WHATEVER you want!

this is Jay's (of JLT) new tank right here. it's basically a one-off piece since it was done sort of as a prototype. we also needed to get it done and back to Jay in time for Mustang Week. stop by his booth to see it on his car :beer: its also why we only had time to have the visible parts polished up. and why the welds around the cap were blended down. they didnt look so good since they were done in a hurry, so we just had them smoothed out. if you actually prefer to have the welds smoothed out so the box is nice and crisp, we can have that done for an extra $20.
IMG_0461Medium.jpg

IMG_0462Medium.jpg

IMG_0463Medium.jpg

IMG_0464Medium.jpg

IMG_0465Medium.jpg

IMG_0470Medium.jpg

IMG_0472Medium.jpg

IMG_0473Medium.jpg

and here are the 03 Cobra tanks that were just finished up this past week
crinkle black with crinkle black cap
IMG_0474Medium.jpg

IMG_0475Medium-1.jpg

polished with polished cap
IMG_0480Medium-1.jpg

IMG_0476Medium.jpg

IMG_0476Medium.jpg

satin black with satin black cap
IMG_0484Medium.jpg

IMG_0483Medium.jpg

crinkle black with natural billet cap
IMG_0491Medium.jpg

IMG_0488Medium.jpg

gloss black with natural billet cap
IMG_0497Medium.jpg

IMG_0492Medium-1.jpg

IMG_0494Medium.jpg

crinkle black with polished cap
IMG_0502Medium.jpg

IMG_0503Medium.jpg

not easy to tell from pics but this crinkle black tank matches the Whipple on this 03 cobra very well :coolman:
IMG_0267Medium.jpg

here are some samples of various tanks we have had custom airbrushed. my airbrush guy is talented! he is a friend of the Foose and has been featured on both Overhaulin and Rides! he's a good friend of Titus and does all his paint/body work.

Zinc Yellow real fire to match Zinc Yellow 03 Cobra
zincyellowfireskullicetank.jpg

the real fire he did on my 03 cobra's hood
IMG_0132Medium-1.jpg

IMG_0520Medium.jpg

the fireball under my hood
IMG_0519Medium.jpg

oem paint matched Sonic Blue
sonicblueetchedMedium.jpg

real fire 03 cobra tank
IMG_0376.jpg

real fire gt500 tank (still available for sale)
IMG_0374.jpg

real fire gt500 tank with skull (still available for sale)
IMG_0371.jpg

Lightning ICey Res in oem Sonic Blue with custom lightning graphics
IMG_8278Medium-1.jpg

Lightning ICey Res with custom lightning graphics
IMG_8278Medium-1.jpg

custom old school style pinstriping
IMG_9264Medium.jpg

ICey Res for 03 cobra with custom real fire
IMG_9175Medium.jpg

btw, his real fire like above, uses candy paints to achieve true depth

MY 03 cobra engine bay with custom real fire tank and blower with custom TERMINATOR graphic on ice tank
IMG_8019.jpg

IMG_9250Medium.jpg

he can also custom airbrush your blowers too! looks unbelievable in person :coolman:

custom Lethal logo on 03 cobra ice tank
IMG_8369.jpg

personalized build info
IMG_7787.jpg

a few of you recently purchased the old style gt500 tanks we made. if that is the case, and you wish to purchase one of these new ones, i will give you an additional $20 discount off a new one. you can easily sell your "old" tank to another GT500 owner either here or on team shelby.

TF Wheel customers also receive an additional $20 discount :beer:

if you purchase and pay for your tank BY JULY 31st, you will get it for $250 shipped! after August 1st, the price will go up to $270 since i will then have to sit on them. i dont like inventory :p
its basically an incentive to get in on the deal NOW! :thumbsup:

i still have 3 of the old style tanks left. actually 5 since i still have the 2 airbrushed tanks i havent really worked on selling. those i will let go for quite a bit less and are ready/near ready to ship out.

1. ManoWar PAID
2. ZOMBEAST PAID
3. RLhay2 PAID
4. SAMG PENDING
5. Alloy Snake PAID
6. Fryguy79 PENDING
7. 1268 FLAKED! BOOO!!!
8. GotSVT PAID
9. Supercharger PENDING
10. kb67 PAID
11. local customer PAID
12. fastlif PAID
13. VegasShelby PAID
14. sfadchi PENDING

Last edited:

AlCaPwn

Established Member
Wow Steve! Those are awesome! I am in. I just have to figure out which finish I want. Tell me when we are ready to go.

AlCaPwn

Established Member
Looks to me like this reservoir with a c&r/revan racing/Shelby Heat exchanger is the ultimate cooling combo for a GT500.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i did this post in a hurry earlier so i forgot to post a list at the top. post up if youre interested in a tank and ill add your name up there. we need at least 10 people to get the batch started.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Nice! Because my cooling system needs serious attention. Pulley going on soon

yeah i was kind of holding off on getting back to you yet on the airbrushing for the tank because i figured you'd probably rather go for one of these new ones :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I would say count me in but yeah i just got one of the old ones 3 weeks ago =/

i just figured out what you were saying lol. sell the old one on Team Shelby. i bet you could sell it for what im selling these for. even one of our old tanks, for that price, is still a better buy than the other stuff that is out there :thumbsup: and like i said, ill give guys like you a $20 discount on top of it :beer:

i honestly didnt think we'd get these redesigned shelby tanks going for at least another month. hell, i still have FIVE of the old style tanks to sell off. 3 regular ones and the 2 airbrushed ones. actually, i just sold one of the regular ones earlier today. i know they'll go.... eventually.. :smmon::p

trust me. when you go to a shelby meet and hoods are popping, and everyone else has that aluminum Moroso brick with the plastique cap, and you've got one of these with the sick billet aluminum cap, theyre going to be asking you wtf it came from lol.

AlCaPwn

Established Member
I keep logging back in to this thread and salivating. Come on 9 more people! I am gonna post pictures of mine constantly out of sheer excitement until I get banned probably. I was deadset on a complicated custom paint scheme but everytime I see the black reservoir with the aluminum cap, I begin to think maybe something clean and simple like that..

rlhay2

Established Member
I'm in!

Crinkle black both reservoir and the cap, please!!

If we don't get the minimum orders, I'm still in with revised pricing!

Users who are viewing this thread