NEW redesigned True Forged intercooler reservoirs!! 100% aluminum! NO plastic!

20psirabbit

Established Member
i picked one of these up from steve for my 03, it's beautiful and fitment is awesome! my gm buddies were ooohing and aaahing over it last night :rockon: pics don't do it justice and you won't regret it :beer:

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I'll take a crinkle black tank with polished cap for an '03 Cobra and can pay immediately.
When can this ship?
S.

ah, this is for the GT500. check over in the terminator section. im sure we'll be doing another one there quite soon as well :beer:

Just got my 2010 GT500. Do these fit just like the earlier model GT500s? Thanks.

im willing to bet they do. take one, and if for some reason it doesnt, i will refund you your money/take the tank back.

I want one as well.Please contact

i put you on the list. email me at info@trueforgedwheels for any specifics :beer:

i picked one of these up from steve for my 03, it's beautiful and fitment is awesome! my gm buddies were ooohing and aaahing over it last night :rockon: pics don't do it justice and you won't regret it :beer:

thanks man. my guy really hit a home run with these billet caps. he was just DONE with the plastic fuel cell junk lol. and we're always looking for feedback from the community on how to better these products :beer:

lets see if we can rally any more people to get in on this. i should have just posted up an "interest check" thread instead of listing an actual deadline :bash: can anyone post it on teamshelby? i cant, not a vendor there :nono: ive been working on that but not having much luck :shrug:

samg

Established Member
ah, this is for the GT500. check over in the terminator section. im sure we'll be doing another one there quite soon as well :beer:

im willing to bet they do. take one, and if for some reason it doesnt, i will refund you your money/take the tank back.

lets see if we can rally any more people to get in on this. i should have just posted up an "interest check" thread instead of listing an actual deadline :bash: can anyone post it on teamshelby? i cant, not a vendor there :nono: ive been working on that but not having much luck :shrug:

Unclear how to order one the new versions for the GT500. Can I do it online at this website -- True Forged Wheels custom billet. Thanks.

2003 Silver

Banned
You doing overflow tanks yet BIOTCH?!?!? :bash: I want matching tanks...crinkle black with polished aluminum caps.

AlCaPwn

Established Member
I can't wait for these to be ready. I don't think I have ever wanted to give my money to someone so badly in all my life lol.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Unclear how to order one the new versions for the GT500. Can I do it online at this website -- True Forged Wheels custom billet. Thanks.

no, ill take your order directly. fully custom made parts and "shopping cart" ordering dont mix. as soon as we get 10 people on board, ill start collecting payments.

how much fluid does it hold?

i'll take a new style

Red with my build"s in white:banana:
let me know what i need to do

the old version held 1 gallon. this new version now has that little extra section on the bottom so that probably adds another 8oz or so.

get your build info together. ill shoot you a pm.

You doing overflow tanks yet BIOTCH?!?!? :bash: I want matching tanks...crinkle black with polished aluminum caps.

if people want them, and we can actually sell them, we will make them. how many people would be interested in this??

500 Blue

Established Member
I would only be interested If I could get both tanks. If so I would be very interested.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I would only be interested If I could get both tanks. If so I would be very interested.

well, if there is enough interest in them, which it looks like there may be, we will make them. but there would still be R&D that would need to be done on them, and that will take some time.

samg

Established Member
Just got my 2010 GT500. Do these fit just like the earlier model GT500s? Thanks.

FYI -- compared installation pictures on previous models with my 2010 GT500 engine. Does not look like the tank will fit on a 2010. Appears that the cool air intake from the grill will interfere with that side of the tank. Basically, looking straight into the engine there is no clearance to the right of the power steering tank. The subject intercooler tank goes into that 2010 interference area which is not a problem on earlier model stock GT500s or even those with a cool air intake mod.

Cannot be sure without a real fit check, but it looks pretty sure.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
FYI -- compared installation pictures on previous models with my 2010 GT500 engine. Does not look like the tank will fit on a 2010. Appears that the cool air intake from the grill will interfere with that side of the tank. Basically, looking straight into the engine there is no clearance to the right of the power steering tank. The subject intercooler tank goes into that 2010 interference area which is not a problem on earlier model stock GT500s or even those with a cool air intake mod.

Cannot be sure without a real fit check, but it looks pretty sure.

ahh, thanks samg. well, its up to to him if he'd like to buy one and see if it fits. like i said, we'll refund you if it doesnt. :beer:

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll take one satin black with a natural cap also want to add personalized build info
like in the example pic.

also I'd be interested in a overflow tank if you decide to make them.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I'll take one satin black with a natural cap also want to add personalized build info
like in the example pic.

also I'd be interested in a overflow tank if you decide to make them.

gotcha :beer:

ok, we've got enough to get started. if more people want to get in for $250 before the deadline post up :beer:

ill have them start cutting the metal and the lids already. i just talked to Jay (JLT) about the tank we just sent him (the polished one on page 1). we want him to put it in his gt500 and give us final feedback before we start welding all these up. we want to make absolutely SURE that they fit 100%. we based the redesign off of his notes he sent us so we should be good to go :thumbsup:

as far as the expansion tank. we can definitely make them, no problem. i just need to order a stocker from Ford to base it off. BUT, this tank will basically be the same as making these intercooler tanks, except with less metal. but they will probably be near the same pricing. at least $200. unfortunately, that is $40 to $50 more than the Moroso/Canton tanks already on the market. if you guys think that's cool, then we can definitely proceed.

we also discussed the cap for them. we'd use the stocker and possibly make our own custom billet cap that would cover it (which could be custom finished) and would match our reservoirs a little better.

Boston Mike

Established Member
A question raised on another site......."There's no vent cap, how do you regulate the pressure?"

Now, I'm not smart enough to know what that means or what the answer should be.

Nevermind.......Randy beat me to it.............

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve how do regulate the pressure in the system??
without a pressure cap?

doesnt need one. the system isnt pressurized. when you remove the cap from your radiator, water comes shooting out. doesnt happen with the intercooler system. the caps on the moroso/canton/pfab tanks arent any special pressure caps. theyre just fuel cell caps.

Users who are viewing this thread