New Server Fund

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I think if every member donated $2, then you would pay for the server and make a shit load of money too. Don't the sponsors fees cover $1200?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Originally posted by dgussin1
I think if every member donated $2, then you would pay for the server and make a shit load of money too. Don't the sponsors fees cover $1200?

I'm not in it for money. Once I get enough to make the move I'll stop taking donations. At this point I'm not clearing enough from the vendor fees to pay for the upgrades. They do however cover the current bills.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Hey guys. Time to chip in! Do your part and donate what you can. I'll cover the difference.:beer:

SID, where shall the donations go? Give us a Paypal account to dump this into.

;-)

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I'm looking forward to a new server. I'm sure there are plenty of us who will chip in towards the purchase. I'm in for $10 or more if necessary.

Travis, is $1200 enough? Considering the growth this site has had, we don't want to be in the same position in a year or so. Does more money equal a better server?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Paypal can be sent to: [email protected]

This will be our new box:

Intel Dual Xeon 2.4 GHz Packages
2 GB RAM - (2) 73GB SCSI Hard Drives
DRAC card or Remote Console (unavailable on BSD systems)
2000 GB Monthly Transfer

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
I'm wondering what the hell a DRAC card is exactly. Googling is making me basicly thinking it's kind of like an IP KVM where you actually see all aspects of the system so you don't have to have the OS booted up to control it. If that's the case, that would be nice, however, are you doing the OS install yourself, or having someone else do it? Are you doing a colo thing, or is this actual hosting? If it's hosting, let the provider **** with the system and just use SSH to change settings and shit.

maliclipse

Enormous Member
Established Member
I sent 20$ a few minutes ago. Good luck! I do this stuff for a living and know the troubles you must be going through to keep this thing alive.

M

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread