New Server Fund

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
I'm wondering what the hell a DRAC card is exactly. Googling is making me basicly thinking it's kind of like an IP KVM where you actually see all aspects of the system so you don't have to have the OS booted up to control it. If that's the case, that would be nice, however, are you doing the OS install yourself, or having someone else do it? Are you doing a colo thing, or is this actual hosting? If it's hosting, let the provider **** with the system and just use SSH to change settings and shit.

I'm having a company perform the move, and upgrade the software.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by SID297
I'm having a company perform the move, and upgrade the software.

Yeah, I don't know why you would need anything other than basic remote admin stuff then, ala SSH or *maybe* VNC, but that's really pushing it since I don't see why you would need X.

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
$20.00 sent via Pay Pal.

Thanks for the site, can't wait for that search to be up!!!!

Keep it coming guys, someone beat my $20....

Jeff

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I really appreciate this guys. I wish it didn't have to be like this, but I want the site to run correctly as soon as possible.

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
I really appreciate this guys. I wish it didn't have to be like this, but I want the site to run correctly as soon as possible.

Look at it this way, your finding out just how much this site is loved. ;-)

lynx0v

Established Member
10 bucks sending as soon as i finish posting this!!!

Anyway you can upgrade the board? ie: a different setup something like focaljet.com has?

This one sucks when you can't view all the posts in one button, takes forever some days to look through a thread, if internet is lagging.

I don't regularly post, I read almost everyday though!

LogiWorld123

Established Member
So with the leftover money, can you buy us all alcohol and throw a grand party on new years?

2005GTSpeed

Banned
Travis Hill
2001 6th Ave Apt 1322
Huntington, WV 25703

i'll send whatever how much more do u need dont want to out do anyone. but nice server specs. what board areu getting for it? Tyan? MSI Intel cause 1200 is cheap for a server. i could donate some computer hardware if u like.

larryc7777

Established Member
PayPal sent.
To put this donation in focus, I did a rough calculation on how much time I have spent on this board divided into the amout of my donation. The answer is about .4 cents per hour. I can't think of anything that has cost me less money & given me as much enjoyment. Thanks for the great site & all the work you & the Moderators put into it.
Larry Carr

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I'll chip in $5 bucks and tons of computer knowledge?!?! :thumbsup: I'm currently in a heavy "mod" debate so I need the extra money for my "campaign"...... :coolman:

Paypal sent!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Travis, I'll send ya a check when I get off work today......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread