New Shelby GT350R or New GTR - same price

BlueSnake01

Established Member
They've built a handful of Rs. I have 2016 vin 0012 so it should be one of the first shuffled out and at this point I have zero expectation of seeing the car before mid-december, and maybe longer.
If that is true, it’ll be a great Xmas present or new years. Are the GT350’s going ot be released before?

Wildman113

Established Member
It would be crazy to buy a GT350r over a GTR unless you are a die hard mustang fan. The S550's IRS is far too unstable for the track or street. Wheel hop everywhere and just an over all cushy but sloppy ride. The new IRS has caused so many accidents already, it can't even keep the car in a straight line or stable in a curve.

GTR all the way.

Your entire post is completely ridiculous. Having driven many S550's, I can tell you first hand that what you just posted is a bunch of made up nonsense, probably something you found on a GT-R forum.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The S550's IRS is far too unstable for the track or street. Wheel hop everywhere and just an over all cushy but sloppy ride. The new IRS has caused so many accidents already, it can't even keep the car in a straight line or stable in a curve.

This is what going full retard looks like.

Please provide links to any article or thread stating wheel hop everywhere, its unstable, causes accidents, cant keep the car straight, etc.

We'll wait.

LS2GTO

Established Member
Obviously YOU must be living under a rock. The GT-R, with it's complex AWD system, flappy paddle gearbox, and computer aided handling/traction systems has gotten it's ass kicked by the Camaro Z/28, and the NISMO version got it's ass handed to it by the Corvette Z06. Both cost less and don't blow up/overheat/melt down their transmissions after a few laps on the track like the GT-R. And yes, those are MANUAL transmission equipped RWD performance cars. Not a computer aided AWD, flappy paddle automatic, 4,000lb boat designed for people who can't drive a real car.

I'll spell it out for you since you obviously haven't been out of the house in a while:

The GT-R can't hold a candle to a well driven manual transmission equipped car like the Z/28 and Z06 on the track. The verdict is out on the GT350R, but considering its weight advantage over the GT-R it will be no surprise if that annihilates the GT-R as well.

Not at any of the track days I've been going to for the past oh idk 6 years. Heck, there's even a guy in my club with a new C7Z06 and it's getting smoked by the guy with the stock GTR from 2009. You wanna talk about "melting" try driving that thing hard for a few laps and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Wildman113

Established Member
Not at any of the track days I've been going to for the past oh idk 6 years. Heck, there's even a guy in my club with a new C7Z06 and it's getting smoked by the guy with the stock GTR from 2009. You wanna talk about "melting" try driving that thing hard for a few laps and see how it goes.

If that is what you see, then obviously the track days you are going to are full of amateurs. Cars like the Corvette and Viper take skill to drive; my grandma could drive a GT-R fast. The GT-R he takes very little skill to get decent lap times out of compared with other vehicles.

At the events where drivers have a higher skill set, in another words no mandatory instructor, the cars at the front of the pack always Corvettes, Vipers, and Porsche 911's. I see C6 Z06's lapping GT-RS at nearly every event. The GT-R drivers are usually found in the pits waiting for their overheat warning messages to clear.

If GT-Rs are leading the pack, you're running with a bunch of unskilled amateurs.

LS2GTO

Established Member
If that is what you see, then obviously the track days you are going to are full of amateurs.

If GT-Rs are leading the pack, you're running with a bunch of unskilled amateurs.

Shit son, what clubs are you in if the PCA, BMW CCA and the oldest Corvette club in the country are apparently all just a bunch of "unskilled amateurs".

Your clubs must be full of Nascar, LeMans and Formula 1 drivers. I bow to thee :bowdown:

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Shit son, what clubs are you in if the PCA, BMW CCA chapters and the oldest Corvette club in the country are apparently a bunch of "unskilled amateurs".

Your clubs must be full of Nascar, LeMans and Formula 1 drivers. I bow to thee :bowdown:
Ahahahha :kaboom::loser::rolleyes::cryying:
I think its best to ignore the obvious troll here :-D

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Please provide links to any article or thread stating wheel hop everywhere, its unstable, causes accidents, cant keep the car straight, etc.

We'll wait.

tumblr_nt8x3rppyU1uq2gafo1_400.jpg

smitty2919

Established Member
Purpose of the car? Will you USE either one racing? What kind of racing?

Or is this going to be a "I own a ___" kind of car to say you own it?

Both I suppose will be "rare" if the GTR ill be no more and the 350 has the fancy new design motor...It will be like a Mach1 or Cobra being made for limited time.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member

See that's exactly what you'll look like after driving an S550 hard around corners or in straight lines. Magnetic suspension is absolutely necessary in the GT350 or else engineers found out the springy IRS would launch the car off the track at mediocre speeds. That's why they added weight to the S550 to keep it from going airborne.

It may be slow but at least it cuts down on tragic accidents. I just don't understand how Ford could release such a dangerous product to the public.

Source cited: Your Mom

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread