New Shelby GT350R or New GTR - same price

Draiter

Established Member
Please see other cars in sig. I've owned more cars than years you've been alive. I've been here a bit longer than you, I own a mustang. I'm not cocky in the least bit. You just assume so becasue I have a GTR and assume I'm a dick to everyone, which isn't true. I'm just a dick to you because your a jackass that is spewing shit he has no idea what he's talking about.

I don't think anyone really needs to assume anything after reading your posts.

Sirraf

Established Member
I don't think anyone really needs to assume anything after reading your posts.

My apologies if I came off as a dick. Just a debate and I got a little carried away with Wildman's fodder. My posts do look pretentious.

Wildman113

Established Member
Anything else?

Wildman, you have been hating on GTRs on this forum for years with your bullshit. I could pull up about 4 different threads with you on GTRs. Some guy with a GTR must have came over and watched netflix and chilled with your girl or something.

It doesn't get more pathetic than that.

Nobody will "respect" your GT-R, so you throw a tantrum and claim everyone is hating. Seriously, find somewhere else to troll.

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Seems like Wildman is trying to deflect now that he looks like an idiot after Sirraf proved he owned both.

This is why I love SVTP so many people shoot off at the mouth, only for it to backfire.

Wildman113

Established Member
Seems like Wildman is trying to deflect now that he looks like an idiot after Sirraf proved he owned both.

This is why I love SVTP so many people shoot off at the mouth, only for it to backfire.

Seems like you need to look up what the word deflect means before you go around calling people idiots.

Last edited:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
It would be crazy to buy a GT350r over a GTR unless you are a die hard mustang fan. The S550's IRS is far too unstable for the track or street. Wheel hop everywhere and just an over all cushy but sloppy ride. The new IRS has caused so many accidents already, it can't even keep the car in a straight line or stable in a curve.

GTR all the way.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
To get back to OPs original post, I would go regular GT350 over the GT350R if your going Mustang. Considering it doesn't have alot of the creature comforts the base 350 would have unless you can add.
I agree. The 350 is better for 95% of the people buying a 350/350r
The amount of hate for GTRs in this thread is mind boggling. Especially considering it would beat 95% of poster's cars in stock form in every facet of driving. If the GT350 had awd and dual clutch auto trans, there would be nut swinging left and right. Granted this is a Mustang forum, but holy shit lol.

2011 auto GT with a blower= holy shit ford is amazing! Those autos are stout
2017 Rs focus= OMG awd bad ass car! Finally get an awd "fast" ford

Yet when a car has an awd drivetrain and an "auto" it's a nanny computer driven boring car.

Last edited:

starnsey

Established Member
It would be crazy to buy a GT350r over a GTR unless you are a die hard mustang fan. The S550's IRS is far too unstable for the track or street. Wheel hop everywhere and just an over all cushy but sloppy ride. The new IRS has caused so many accidents already, it can't even keep the car in a straight line or stable in a curve.

GTR all the way.

Source?

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
is the maintenance on GTR's still rediculously expensive? I remember reading that you need to do a 2500 dollar differential fluid change every 20k miles or something like that.

blk02edge

Established Member

GTR all the way.

Quoted for you saying the GT350r has unstable sloppy suspension.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Some of ya'll need to read up on Wildman lol. He's Ford all the way which is fine, but it can blind people sometimes.

Get the GTR OP. When will the performance test for the GT350(R) be released?

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Randy Pobst said some very great things about the GT350R and its exclusive tires. This was in person to Norton and I at the Colorado Mile. Nobody on this forum except for the Ford employees and the guys who went to the Ford track events have even driven a GT350R.

OP should decide if he wants sheer driving enjoyment or AWD traction and "sophisticated" trans.

Voltwings

Established Member

GTR all the way.

yeah, this is 100% not true. In our local race group, there are fully prepped S197 cars getting lit up by S550 cars on very basic set ups. The S197 was a fantastic chassis, but the S550 blows it away hands down, its literally no competition on a road course.

Coiled03

Established Member

GTR all the way.

Hahahahaha......*gasp*......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

No.

2011 auto GT with a blower= holy shit ford is amazing! Those autos are stout
2017 Rs focus= OMG awd bad ass car! Finally get an awd "fast" ford

Yet when a car has an awd drivetrain and an "auto" it's a nanny computer driven boring car.

What the hell kind of stupid logic is that? There's a helluva lot more to it than that.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Some of ya'll need to read up on Wildman lol. He's Ford all the way which is fine, but it can blind people sometimes.

Get the GTR OP. When will the performance test for the GT350(R) be released?
This! Give him facts and he ignores it or goes on a rage. Blind at its finest.

When is the car supposed to be released? Or do we have to ask Ben Treynor?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
They've built a handful of Rs. I have 2016 vin 0012 so it should be one of the first shuffled out and at this point I have zero expectation of seeing the car before mid-december, and maybe longer.

Users who are viewing this thread