New Shelby Info

Fastbackman

Established Member
OKC. Are you saying that 2005 Mustang GT's sold for $5000. over in OKC. You state you are a sales consultant for an svt dealer; therefore, I assume you work for Reynolds. I personally drove a Redfire 2005 GT with ICAP and IUP and was offered sticker price of just over 28000. I didn't buy because they wouldn't sell at x-plan. They did offer to order for x-plan. Two days later the dealer called and offered to sell me the same car that i drove for x-plan, which was just over 26000. Not hardly 5k over sticker. I have pictures of the car and can supply the dealers name if you don't believe this. Reynold's did not sell over sticker and they are the only svt dealer in OKC that I know of.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
swlacobra said:
we will see, but i'll bet half of the 7000-10000 cars wont sell over sticker. saw it happen on the 2 seater t-bird (i've had two of them,fine little cars), saw it happen on the terminator (have one now) and saw it happen on the 05 mustang. they will go down and it will happen fast. when they are a year old with a few thousand miles they will depreciate to $28,000-$30,000
I agree 100%. The first few will go for over sticker. Once the idiots are weeded out, the rest will go for sticker or less. It always happens. It will here, too. If it doesn't, I'll buy something else (probably C6, can't quite swing Z06).

Ford has said repeatedly about 7000 Gt500s. The Z06 is estimated about 5000. They are already going at or below sticker. The GT500 will do the same.

I wish all these people would quit posting hype feeding garbage like that. The more people read that the car won't be attainable for under $50k, the more people will believe it. All it really is is an opinion, not fact. They are entitled to their opinions, but, it is hurting our bargaining power.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
OKC03Cobra said:
I am a sales consultant at an SVT certified dealership.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helped!

Dirk Diggs

count on 2 things. more cars than you think. less buyers than you believe.

those with money will buy the car. that is a given. some to own a shelby. some to have a new toy. but those that buy for finacial gain have no idea how to make real money.

why in the world would a wealthy man buy a car to hold it for 30 years to double his return? those that i know buy or build homes that can double thier money in 1-3 years. then they buy ferreri's on the side.

dont let the investors story's scare you. they are only stories to entice and to esculate outragous dealer profit. yes you will have those paying extra for the first shelby. but then again you had people pay 10k+ to have the mach 1. 6 months later the machs are selling near invoice with a 3k cash back. no its not the mach 1. but people will over pay for everything. dont back down.

bottom line, out of the gate you could find the z06 at retail. when the shleby comes out they will be going for below retail. now what are you going to buy a 65k mustang or the 65k z06? :bash:

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
count on 2 things. more cars than you think. less buyers than you believe.

those with money will buy the car. that is a given. some to own a shelby. some to have a new toy. but those that buy for finacial gain have no idea how to make real money.

why in the world would a wealthy man buy a car to hold it for 30 years to double his return? those that i know buy or build homes that can double thier money in 1-3 years. then they buy ferreri's on the side.

dont let the investors story's scare you. they are only stories to entice and to esculate outragous dealer profit. yes you will have those paying extra for the first shelby. but then again you people 10k+ to have the mach 1. 6 months later the machs are selling near invoice with a 3k cash back. no its not the mach 1. but people will over pay for everything. dont back down.

bottom line, out of the gate you could find the z06 at retail. when the shleby comes out they will be going for below retail. now what are you going to buy a 65k mustang or the 65k z06? :bash:
Nice to see some people with some sense. Bottom line: Hold your ground and refuse to pay over sticker.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Nice to see some people with some sense. Bottom line: Hold your ground and refuse to pay over sticker.

refuse to pay sticker. learned that lesson the hard way. ordered my mach 1 july 02, picked it up jan 03. 2nd one in the city i believe. paid msrp. never again. :loser:

broeli said:
I'd boycott those gouging dealers even when they bring the price down. Screw them..let them sit on the things. They would never get my business.
Anyone that pays 50k+ is just plain stupid. The way the Shelby is looking now..I wouldn't even pay msrp..especially if it is 40k+k

And where else do you think you'll get a 500 - 600hp capable, bad ass looking car for $40K??? Maybe you have a ton of money and would rather pay the MSRP for the Z06. But I think a $40K pricetag is still pretty damn reasonable. I spent $12K for a forged motor with ported heads and as heavy duty a bottom end as you can build. I'd take a forged Cobra motor from the factory any day of the week. Rather than take my chances of VT engines not building my motor the right way liek they did the first time. Some of you dudes are simply a bunch of cheap asses and wouldn't know a good deal if it came right up to you and slapped you in the face.

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Fastbackman said:
OKC. Are you saying that 2005 Mustang GT's sold for $5000. over in OKC. You state you are a sales consultant for an svt dealer; therefore, I assume you work for Reynolds. I personally drove a Redfire 2005 GT with ICAP and IUP and was offered sticker price of just over 28000. I didn't buy because they wouldn't sell at x-plan. They did offer to order for x-plan. Two days later the dealer called and offered to sell me the same car that i drove for x-plan, which was just over 26000. Not hardly 5k over sticker. I have pictures of the car and can supply the dealers name if you don't believe this. Reynold's did not sell over sticker and they are the only svt dealer in OKC that I know of.

I did not write the post. I copied it from one on modular fords. I did buy my 03 Cobra from Reynolds in June of 2002(delivered in Sept of 2002) and paid $5k over sticker. I will never do that again.

Ahpun

Established Member
If this is true, I will buy something else in the low 40s and be just as happy. Ford doesn't get my business = Fords loss, not mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahpun

Established Member
01cobravortech said:
And where else do you think you'll get a 500 - 600hp capable, bad ass looking car for $40K??? Maybe you have a ton of money and would rather pay the MSRP for the Z06. But I think a $40K pricetag is still pretty damn reasonable. I spent $12K for a forged motor with ported heads and as heavy duty a bottom end as you can build. I'd take a forged Cobra motor from the factory any day of the week. Rather than take my chances of VT engines not building my motor the right way liek they did the first time. Some of you dudes are simply a bunch of cheap asses and wouldn't know a good deal if it came right up to you and slapped you in the face.

I think what this dealer is predicting is that you can't buy this car for 40k... If your willing to pay an extra 10k or more to a dealer, then more power to you... it's your money.

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Telly said:
I think what this dealer is predicting is that you can't buy this car for 40k... If your willing to pay an extra 10k or more to a dealer, then more power to you... it's your money.

I think the problem has to do with not enough competition. If Ford had to compete against a new Camaro and Trans-Am and if the GTO wasnt such a POS styling-wise we could have another $35k muscle car just like we had in the 03/04 Cobras.

Telly said:

I disagree with that dealer. If potential buyers show a litle patience and don't all rush into dealers to buy their Cobras, you'll be able to get one very close if not at MSRP. The same happened witht he 03/04 Cobras and that was even after everyone was reporting the power gains with some basic tuning and simple mods. Again, I just don't think the market for these cars is as big as everyone thinks. What I mean is, that while everyone wants one, how many of us are really going to drop the coin next year?

Skywarp

Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Some of you dudes are simply a bunch of cheap asses and wouldn't know a good deal if it came right up to you and slapped you in the face.

Thats so true in this forum. I would have to say around 70 percent think like this. Like the original poster said there are more than seven thousand buyers out there waiting for this car. Instant entry into The Shelby club of America with a purchase. Countless collectors who own original Shelbys will buy this car no matter what price. I think people here who are waiting for MSRP or markdowns will fall flat on their face with this theory. Those who didn't buy 04 leftovers might have made a mistake waiting to buy this car.

Last edited:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Skywarp said:
Thats so true in this forum. I would have to say around 70 percent think like this. Like the original poster said there are more than seven thousand buyers out there waiting for this car. Instant entry into The Shelby club of America with a purchase. Countless collectors who own original Shelbys will buy this car no matter what price. I think people here who are waiting for MSRP or markdowns will fall flat on their fade with this theory. Those who didn't buy 04 leftovers might have made a mistake waiting to buy this car.
if this is true, maybe it'll make the 03 and 04's more valuable. we'll see....

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
I don't know why people are getting so hyped up about this car. I'm waiting for the final production version and pricing to be released. Then I'll make my decision. I also know I won't pay any thing over $40,000 for it Shelby name or not. I'll probably also wait until the second year run so Ford can work the bugs out of it and we know there will be some as witnessed in the 03/04 Cobra's. The key attracting factor for me is the performance for dollar value that the car has if the original pricing plan holds true. If this isn't the case any more then I'll be forced to buy some thing else. Not that big of a deal to me.......

Skywarp

Established Member
badsube said:
if this is true, maybe it'll make the 03 and 04's more valuable. we'll see....
Not make more valuable, just retain a good portion of it. If Shelbys sell out at or above sticker this leaves potential buyers in search of a new "horse". So whats left? An 03, 04 Cobra , go to Ebay clean low mileage cars command premiums close to original sticker. And if the above happens to the Shelby it makes these cars seem like a bargain selling two or three years old with mileage selling close to MSRP.

shocker 420

Established Member
so... you know a lot about the price of it...

Do you have any idea as far as power goes?! At first I heard 450, then car and driver said more like 475, then one magazine said estimated to be more around 500...?

Tank5879

Established Member
You know what, there is only one thing for me to say to all this B.S. I suggest you check out www.fordgtprices.com enough said after that. Yeah, there will be quite a few knuckleheads that will pay $$$ over sticker, but you know what, we are talking 7000+ cars. I was spazng out bigtime in the summer trying to find someone to commit to list, I even work at a dealership, and they wont promise me nothing. It is true that the 05 mustangs were selling for over list, but, at that point, we are talking a 25-30K car, up to with ADM maybe 35K If the dealers want 50k to 75K or whatever, they are pricing themselves out of the mustang/cobra market. I am willing to bet spring 07 we will see sticker or better, and there will be tons on ebay. Look on ebay for mustangs or ford GTs and pricing is pretty close to sticker. If you notice, many of the Ford GTs are being sold by the dealer on ebay, and they have a "0" feedback rating, which means one of two things:

1. they don't have alot of local interest in the car, and can't find anyone to buy it, or

2. they think they have a super rare car in super high demand and want absolute top dollar

From this, I conclude a combo of both, but, I would say that it is more of case 1, as is the reason the pricing is at or near sticker!

I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT BUYING A SHELBY AT OR BELOW STICKER, If i am wrong, I will buy an 06 0r 07 mustang gt and put a procharger on it, be right where the shelby is performance wise, and save my self 10K plus! thats all! we must be patient fellas!!

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Sure some dealers will mark up the GT500 by 10 or even 20k; hell my 03 was dealer-marked up by 10k. Will some sell? Sure, there are many people with more money than brains. There are also a lot more people with no money and no brains and great credit, or expect kids, or have life changes that make them sell that new car.

There definitly won't be very many people at all willing to pay over $50k for the car, regardless. Remember that price is competition- the higher the price, the harder the competition. at $50k, you're competing with slightly used C5 Z06, M3, some really nice SUV's, Gen II vipers, etc.. at $42k, the car easier to justify. A $60k Mustang? FORGET IT. If it had the GT's actual long block and blower, it was lighter with IRS and Vette/BMW/Viper suspension levels, hell yes- definitly.

I got mine the week they hit the showroom and paid straight sticker. The dealer even was willing to flat-bed one down from outside LA because they didn't have the Sonic Blue I wanted.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
but the difference is that this is the new, redesigned mustang, and a shelby at that. the mainstream market doesnt care how much shelby had to do with this car, they care about the name. majority of the mainstream market will, more than likely, be the babyboomers who love the retro design and can connect with the shelby name. i bet you a good bit of these will be selling a very good premium over sticker. now im not gonna bet you anything but ill still bet you.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
This post is nothing more than dealer propaganda..
Please stop showing the dealers these forums!! We dont need their BS here. :poke:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread