new shoes on the COBRA!!! + 350z pics

Jroc

Established Member
Ppl are so fast to throw the term hating out there when one is not in agreement.

x2.

He asked for peoples opinions. If people on here are being "HATERS" then everybody is a "HATER" to some degree.

Do you like fat women? If not I guess your a hater against fat women.

If you have a girl that wants to sleep with you, but for whatever reason you won't sleep with her, so then someone else gets with her, and you get mad at him about it then I would say you're a hater.

You would also be a hater if you get made that someone else for making X amount off money to do whatever.

If someone asks "what do you think about my wheels," and others say that they don't really care for them they're not being haters they're just being real, or honest, or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Oh my god! I wanted those soooooo bad, you dont even know! You have the oxford white and everything! They look fantastic! :beer:

But they look a little small, their 19s? Man, i want these so bad, unfortunately im selling my takatas and brides which would go with the theme, i truely believe in a little jdm in an american car.

If you need takatas i have a brand new set that expires 2012, and a used set that expired this month :D

Last edited:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
Like I said, let the haters hate lol. Wheels look great on the Cobra, might look even better if it was a bit lower. Love those titanium lips on the Z as well.

Here is my old GT with Work Emotion CR Kai's. I got a lot of the same responses, some guys loved em, most hated em. I bet if you didn't tell people they were Japanese wheels, they'd all like them.

Allclean3.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

you are absolutely correct, haterz are out and out in force! but i am loving both the positive and negative comments; i take it for what it's worth, i respect everyone's opinions. as for your ride... sick! works are some serious wheels; competitive within the wheel market. i like them. your closing sentence states it all! :beer:

Everyone is going to have strong opinions on wheels..

If they fit your style then enjoy them and don't worry about peoples opinions!

I bought the FR500 replicas when they first came out, and lots of guys thought they were ricer.. I liked them though..

I think its a nice looking wheel on a nice car next to a SWEET 350Z! congrats !

very tactful in expressing your opinion, thanks. :thumbsup:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
Ppl are so fast to throw the term hating out there when one is not in agreement. Take the positive along with the negative when posting in a forum cuz you're bound to get opinions that are unlike yours so as long as you like the rims that's all that matters. Personally for that cash I would ve gone with a 3 piece wheel

i was looking at a 3-piece by HP wheels but somehow i decided to go with volks; i have always wanted to own a set of te37s... especially the seibon "limited" edition ones! thanks!

x2.

He asked for peoples opinions. If people on here are being "HATERS" then everybody is a "HATER" to some degree.

Do you like fat women? If not I guess your a hater against fat women.

If you have a girl that wants to sleep with you, but for whatever reason you won't sleep with her, so then someone else gets with her, and you get mad at him about it then I would say you're a hater.

You would also be a hater if you get made that someone else for making X amount off money to do whatever.

If someone asks "what do you think about my wheels," and others say that they don't really care for them they're not being haters they're just being real, or honest, or whatever you want to call it.

hey, i like fat women... as long as they don't need a ride! :coolman:

SlowSVT

Established Member
My post on the first page was just a jab but I am a bit surprised by the lack of enthusiasm for the Volks. The fact they are popular with the import crowd should have no reflection on the advantages this wheel offers over most other wheels on the market. They are one of the few race wheel suitable for street use and they only weigh 19 lbs for an 18 x 10 1/2 rim which is 6 to 10 lbs lighter then most aftermarket wheels. They will resist a 700 lb diagonal load across both rim beads without distorting and you won't do better then a 1 piece forged rim over a cast or 2 piece rim. They make a TE-37 forged in magnesium that weighs as scant 14 lbs but I think they have a service life and cost about $1500 ea if I remember correctly. The dealer told me he can't legally sell them for street use here in California. Imagine having a wheel catch fire? Bring your :coolman:

fire_for_effect, those rims match the look or your car and look great. The effect of every pound of rotating mass (x 4) is equivalent to 4 lbs of static mass which will improve accelerating, braking and turning which can be considerable when ya do the math. Should register a few more ponies on the dyno. A solid axle Mustang unsprung mass is about 75 lbs more at each end then your car and the IRS is probably loving those wheels. Can't imagine why someone would not like your new hoops.

I would venture to say your car is wearing the best set of rims of all the cars I have seen on SVT. Good call!

:beer:

fastgt110

Established Member
I think those rims look pretty good, very different look! I think i would get rid of the red accent stripe though but thats just me, very cool though :thumbsup:

venomous99

Established Member
you bring all good points on the specs for these wheels but i think the majority of enthusiasts here would be willing to sacrifice some performance for aesthetic and value. we are driving a street car afterall.
volks may have specs that are far superior to more common/popular wheels but for many, the looks and cost are priority over performance. the reason why these wheels may not appeal to everyone or strike the same response as those that love them is the same reason ppl go for a saleen over a cobra, choose a roush body kit over a cobra kit, get cobra brakes vs 4 piston brembos, etc. in the end it all depends on what you're looking to get out of your setup and whether someone doesnt agree w/ it is entirely opinion ...nothing wrong w/ it.
"hating" is overrated and overused.

i would take my heavier iforged wheels any day over a volk.

SlowSVT

Established Member
you bring all good points on the specs for these wheels but i think the majority of enthusiasts here would be willing to sacrifice some performance for aesthetic and value. we are driving a street car afterall.
volks may have specs that are far superior to more common/popular wheels but for many, the looks and cost are priority over performance. the reason why these wheels may not appeal to everyone or strike the same response as those that love them is the same reason ppl go for a saleen over a cobra, choose a roush body kit over a cobra kit, get cobra brakes vs 4 piston brembos, etc. in the end it all depends on what you're looking to get out of your setup and whether someone doesnt agree w/ it is entirely opinion ...nothing wrong w/ it.
"hating" is overrated and overused.

i would take my heavier iforged wheels any day over a volk.

Very true statement and don't get the impression I was knocking other peoples wheels. Volks are very pricey, are made to order and take 3 months to get and they better fit because the are not returnable. Something to think about.

All my sportbikes have lightweight magnesium rims and let me tell you the difference was astounding on how they changed the handling characteristics of the bike. It won't be nearly as dramatic in a car but they will give you an edge.

To be honest I think the stock machined finish are the best looking rims on the Terminator. Just wish they did not weigh soo much :cuss:

venomous99

Established Member
i remember the older saleen magnesium speedlines having issues w/ the rim cracking. w/ magnesium wheels do they still have the same brittle issues they had back then?

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
Oh my god! I wanted those soooooo bad, you dont even know! You have the oxford white and everything! They look fantastic! :beer:

But they look a little small, their 19s? Man, i want these so bad, unfortunately im selling my takatas and brides which would go with the theme, i truely believe in a little jdm in an american car.

If you need takatas i have a brand new set that expires 2012, and a used set that expired this month :D

thanks for the props. and yes, i am running 19s (9.5 front) and (10.5 rear); probably looks a tad bit small due to the massive wheel well of the cobra. i am glad to hear that you feel the JDM flavor on this domestic! :thumbsup: takatas would be nice but i am not a fan of the color; more of a color red is my flow. thanks though.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
My post on the first page was just a jab but I am a bit surprised by the lack of enthusiasm for the Volks. The fact they are popular with the import crowd should have no reflection on the advantages this wheel offers over most other wheels on the market. They are one of the few race wheel suitable for street use and they only weigh 19 lbs for an 18 x 10 1/2 rim which is 6 to 10 lbs lighter then most aftermarket wheels. They will resist a 700 lb diagonal load across both rim beads without distorting and you won't do better then a 1 piece forged rim over a cast or 2 piece rim. They make a TE-37 forged in magnesium that weighs as scant 14 lbs but I think they have a service life and cost about $1500 ea if I remember correctly. The dealer told me he can't legally sell them for street use here in California. Imagine having a wheel catch fire? Bring your :coolman:

fire_for_effect, those rims match the look or your car and look great. The effect of every pound of rotating mass (x 4) is equivalent to 4 lbs of static mass which will improve accelerating, braking and turning which can be considerable when ya do the math. Should register a few more ponies on the dyno. A solid axle Mustang unsprung mass is about 75 lbs more at each end then your car and the IRS is probably loving those wheels. Can't imagine why someone would not like your new hoops.

I would venture to say your car is wearing the best set of rims of all the cars I have seen on SVT. Good call!

:beer:

:lol: no hard feelings taken. i totally understand the concept of keeping things on the DL :coolman: you also have brought up many key points that separate the quality from the price; nice write up! i am thinking that with the volks on, i may be picking up around 8-10 more power due to the lack of weight. and in regards to your last sentence, i don't think it is the best (everyone has their own taste) but i would venture that it may be one of the most expensive sets :coolman: once again, nice write up of describing the benefits of import wheels.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I have to agree with some of the other guys...those wheels belong on a Honda. Sorry, just my 2 cents.

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
I tried TE37's on my Cobra myself. Buddy of mine had a set of 19" T/A's on his car and I threw them on out of curiosity. Loved the TE look but was afraid the T/A on a black car would get old. Might pick up a set in a different color. Part of what kills this picture to me is his tires are SO low profile since his car is pretty slammed, I like a meatier tire. Here's a shot of a quick test fit in his driveway...

DSC_0011-2.jpg

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
I tried TE37's on my Cobra myself. Buddy of mine had a set of 19" T/A's on his car and I threw them on out of curiosity. Loved the TE look but was afraid the T/A on a black car would get old. Might pick up a set in a different color. Part of what kills this picture to me is his tires are SO low profile since his car is pretty slammed, I like a meatier tire. Here's a shot of a quick test fit in his driveway...

DSC_0011-2.jpg

:rockon: i enjoyed the pic, however, those wheels make your ride sit high; perhaps due to the rubbers. i actually like the time attack look on a black ride, gives it that mysterious look with a splash of red. if you do decide to get a set of volks, make sure that you "beef" it up a little; your buddy's wheels look kind of small... are those 245s? well, keep us updated on your decision... hope they include some J-D-M in them :coolman:

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
As of right now I'm sticking with a set of CCW Classics with a satin black center, but I'm running BRIDE seats with Takata harnesses so it's got a little influence from across the pond haha. They're 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 so the rubber is what killed it, not to mention I'm on stock suspension for the time being. The car is being torn COMPLETELY down over the winter and most everything is being upgraded or replaced, setting it up for the road course. I'll probably start a build thread on it so keep an eye open.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
As of right now I'm sticking with a set of CCW Classics with a satin black center, but I'm running BRIDE seats with Takata harnesses so it's got a little influence from across the pond haha. They're 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 so the rubber is what killed it, not to mention I'm on stock suspension for the time being. The car is being torn COMPLETELY down over the winter and most everything is being upgraded or replaced, setting it up for the road course. I'll probably start a build thread on it so keep an eye open.

bride... i like! i guess we dare to venture into both worlds and come out with something nice; sounds like you have some MAJOR plans for the cobra... i will keep an eye out for your upcoming thread :thumbsup:

SlowSVT

Established Member
fire_for_effect

FYI, a few years ago Volk changed the spoke curvature on the TE-37. I noted in the photo of your car the difference between mine. The earlier one has more curvature. From an angle the early ones the spokes look like the are not connected to the rim. Looks pretty cool. I was told the original TE's had five spokes but they changed it to 6 after some of the racers complained about the offset 5 spoke wheel was awkward to quickly align with the wheel studs so the went to 6 so that 2 spokes are always inline going straight across for quicker mounting. Don't hold me to this, it might be urban legend but it does seem plausible.

Spitfire_GT

Back in the saddle
Established Member
OP I think they look great.

I plan to put Volk RE-30s in titanium gunmetal on my GT500. They are the best looking, lightest single piece forged aluminum rim I found so I don't care where they are made or where they are popular. To anyone that says they don't belong on a Mustang- I'm not putting 30lb chrome rims on my already overweight car. At 19lbs they are 9lbs lighter than stock PER RIM. That is huge.
volkracing_re30_tigrey_ci3_l.jpg

It's mine and I'm the only asshole whose opinion matters.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
fire_for_effect

FYI, a few years ago Volk changed the spoke curvature on the TE-37. I noted in the photo of your car the difference between mine. The earlier one has more curvature. From an angle the early ones the spokes look like the are not connected to the rim. Looks pretty cool. I was told the original TE's had five spokes but they changed it to 6 after some of the racers complained about the offset 5 spoke wheel was awkward to quickly align with the wheel studs so the went to 6 so that 2 spokes are always inline going straight across for quicker mounting. Don't hold me to this, it might be urban legend but it does seem plausible.

i have never looked into the te37s in depth like you did; great info. i believe that volks is revamping the te37s, they are called something else now; and let me tell you that they are wicked! same 6 spoke foundation but looks amazingly different in a sense and most importantly, i believe it is a couple pounds lighter!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread