New springs best addition yet

1stShelby

Established Member
I installed a set of Steeda 555-8217s along with a BMR adjustable panhard bar (thanks Van!) over the weekend and it literally transformed the vehicle. Not only did these parts drastically improve all the handling characteristics of the car, but the ride is also much more comfortable. The job was made easy by the design of the suspension components and I accomplished everything with just a floor jack, jack stands, spring compressor, and a couple wrenches and sockets. IMO the Steedas are a vast improvement over the SVTPP springs. The nose dive under braking is gone, the rear end movement under heavy acceleration is gone, it attacks corners now and the ride is much smoother. Like I said, best addition yet.

I will get some pics up as soon as I get the beasty washed :banana:

farmboy90

Established Member
I installed a set of Steeda 555-8217s along with a BMR adjustable panhard bar (thanks Van!) over the weekend and it literally transformed the vehicle.

Is that all you did, just springs and a panhard bar? Did you need to get the get realigned? Did you install camber bolts?

1stShelby

Established Member
Is that all you did, just springs and a panhard bar? Did you need to get the get realigned? Did you install camber bolts?

I am driving it for a few days to let the springs settle before having alignment checked and I ordered a pair of camber bolts just in case. Steeda says that in 90% of the cases no camber adjustment is needed. Having it aligned on Thursday and will update then.

Dadz500

Established Member
I too have the Steeda's and am very happy with the ride. I wish they were a tad lower, but do like them on my SVTP equipped car. I did use the caster/camber plates although they really were not needed but I figured I would rather put them in now then find out after I really needed them and have to do it all again. If I were to do it again I think I would go with the Eibach (the model that lowers it the most, can't remember which model) just because it lowers it the perfect amount IMO.

qachargh

Established Member
How does having the adjustable shocks work with changing the springs. Is there a noticeable difference between the modes now as compared to before?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Wow reading that Fays2 link, 650??? and work can be done in half a day by regular enthusiast?? man thats almost too good to be true! can we get Van in here to get his thoughts???

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Well I just ordered the Shelby performance parts Fays2 watts link system. Now what springs to get Steeda or FRPP? Most likely Steeda.

FYI
There are two different watts links available for our cars. One was made for Shelby America and only has three adjustments. Their sway bar would hit the cross brace when the car was lifted on a rack. :shrug:
The other one has six adjustment and 95% of the sway bars will never touch it when the car is lifted.

Call Jim @ Fays2 if you have any questions.

:beer:

Zeroescence

Established Member
FYI
There are two different watts links available for our cars. One was made for Shelby America and only has three adjustments. Their sway bar would hit the cross brace when the car was lifted on a rack. :shrug:
The other one has six adjustment and 95% of the sway bars will never touch it when the car is lifted.

Call Jim @ Fays2 if you have any questions.

:beer:

Okay. It says on Shelby's site that it works on 2013 Shelby's. Should I cancel my order? I'm going to keep the factory sway bar and just put lowering springs on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread