New springs best addition yet

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Okay. It says on Shelby's site that it works on 2013 Shelby's. Should I cancel my order? I'm going to keep the factory sway bar and just put lowering springs on.

I think you will be fine with the Shelby America one. I'm a track guy, so I like lots of adjustment.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
What is all the extra adjustment used for? I'll most likely never track my car and just want a better feel on the road and occasional spirited street / mountain driving.

different tracks, different needs....so track guys run around, get a feel and adjust the settings to what works for that particular track and conditions

Im with you, only need a simple design to allow more confidence when doing spirited driving, occasional newb track events

Zeroescence

Established Member
different tracks, different needs....so track guys run around, get a feel and adjust the settings to what works for that particular track and conditions

Im with you, only need a simple design to allow more confidence when doing spirited driving, occasional newb track events

Oh cool. Thanks. Yeah the track is to much wear on my car for me. Plus I don't live close to a great track.

So does Van even sell the steeda springs? I looked as I am ready to purchase springs just not sure on the ones to choose. Ford SVT springs keep the factory rake. Steeda is more a balancing look, which I think would also balance the handeling characteristics. No? Van hellllllp. Lol.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Oh cool. Thanks. Yeah the track is to much wear on my car for me. Plus I don't live close to a great track.

So does Van even sell the steeda springs? I looked as I am ready to purchase springs just not sure on the ones to choose. Ford SVT springs keep the factory rake. Steeda is more a balancing look, which I think would also balance the handeling characteristics. No? Van hellllllp. Lol.

LOL! Van is the man, shoot him a PM, hes been away racing around the country side in WA...I like the rake look but I prefer balance for more handling, so I prefer the steeda springs I have...car handles about 30 percent better now

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
So does the car feel like an IRS car for DD duty with the watts link? Or does it even feel any different that the SRA?

Zeroescence

Established Member
So does the car feel like an IRS car for DD duty with the watts link? Or does it even feel any different that the SRA?

I'll let everyone know how the Shelby Fays 2 feels saturday or sunday on a stock suspension SVTPP 13 GT500.

IMG_2414.jpg

BossAnaki

Established Member
I'll let everyone know how the Shelby Fays 2 feels saturday or sunday on a stock suspension SVTPP 13 GT500.

IMG_2414.jpg

Realy looking forward to your install. I saw you in the other GT500 section asking lots of questions. I was wondering if you were going to pull the trigger.

This is a mod I plan on doing. I just placed a large order with Van for everything but this piece. I'll have to wait a little while to add this.

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
I installed a set of Steeda 555-8217s along with a BMR adjustable panhard bar (thanks Van!) over the weekend and it literally transformed the vehicle. Not only did these parts drastically improve all the handling characteristics of the car, but the ride is also much more comfortable. The job was made easy by the design of the suspension components and I accomplished everything with just a floor jack, jack stands, spring compressor, and a couple wrenches and sockets. IMO the Steedas are a vast improvement over the SVTPP springs. The nose dive under braking is gone, the rear end movement under heavy acceleration is gone, it attacks corners now and the ride is much smoother. Like I said, best addition yet.

I will get some pics up as soon as I get the beasty washed :banana:
how much of a drop did you experience in ride height? front? rear?

1stShelby

Established Member
Some pics from the car show :coolman:

041.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

The car sits a little more than an inch lower all the way around. Love the way it looks and handles. So far no problems with speed bumps, just steep driveways. Will get some more shots this weekend after I detail it again.

gkviper192

Established Member
Some pics from the car show :coolman:

041.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

The car sits a little more than an inch lower all the way around. Love the way it looks and handles. So far no problems with speed bumps, just steep driveways. Will get some more shots this weekend after I detail it again.

Media??? When was this?

racermatt

Established Member
1st Shelby I am glad you like the springs. We have a real nice Watt's link to compliment this as well. Let me know if I can help anyone with this set up.

Users who are viewing this thread