NEW - Stifflers 99-04 Mustang/Cobra Adjustable Transmission Crossmember

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm looking. To see who has installed one of these and what they felt about it. Especially running a poly tranny mount paired with OEM motor mounts.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Plenty of people are running this mount including myself ... Zero issues. It's a quality piece and the adjustability is nice for driveline angles changes.

I'D WIN

Established Member
I am probably the wrong person to ask only because my car is far beyond stock. When I installed this piece, I also installed the entire Stiffler line-up in which it meshes perfectly with. When installed by itself, it gives you room to grow into their products if you don't do it all at once. I too installed the full FTBR kit simultaneously too. If I had to narrow it down to this piece alone, the transmission is more firm and it has far less movement than before which is a win in itself. There was also no added noise or vibrations.

Last edited:

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I'm looking. To see who has installed one of these and what they felt about it. Especially running a poly tranny mount paired with OEM motor mounts.

Any difference in NVH? Any improvements over the OEM pieces in your opinion?

I am running one as well. No complaints from me. I ran it for about 100 miles with the stock motor mounts (tubular k member) and didnt notice any difference Nvh. I now have a irs with all delrin bushings so its had to tell now.

Woody6799

Established Member

I can only partially help. I run this mount with poly motor mounts and I am happy. Everything feels alot more solid. To me, it did add some NVH but my clutch makes a ton of noise anyway so that may be part of the issue. It wouldn't be anything that would deter me from buying it again.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Unless you need to adapt another tranny other than a T56 into the Terminator I see no advantage to this. The factory cross member is a formed metal stamping as opposed to a flat plate which will be no where as stiff as the OE unit. There is not much stress at this point anyhow the motor mounts take-up the Lions share of the engine torque. The soft rubber OE tranny mounts will do a better job of damping the gear noise over urethane.

I'D WIN

Established Member
No advantages?

What about...

1. Weight reduction
2. Driveline angle changes
3. Adaptability with other frame stiffening pieces
4. Increased life over rubber (I have seen several rubber mounts that were shot)
5. Cost effective replacement

Stifflers piece may not be as strong as the OEM stamped brace however it's also overkill. It's not supporting much weight to begin with.

There are many other items for this car where people choose to spend money and there is absolutely no benefit ... I do not believe this is one of those.

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
No advantages?

What about...

1. Weight reduction
2. Driveline angle changes
3. Adaptability with other frame stiffening pieces
4. Increased life over rubber (I have seen several rubber mounts that were shot)
5. Cost effective replacement

Stifflers piece may not be as strong as the OEM stamped brace however it's also overkill. It's not supporting much weight to begin with.

There are many other items for this car where people choose to spend money and there is absolutely no benefit ... I do not believe this is one of those.

You can replace the oem with the a gt mount just drill out the rivets and swap it over. They cost 25 maybe 30 from rockauto. I'm sure this is a great mount non the less but if you are trying to save money this isn't the only option just one of the better ones for swaps.

SlowSVT

Established Member
No advantages?

What about...

1. Weight reduction: not a place I would spend money to lose a pound or 2

2. Driveline angle changes: I don't know too many people who change the engine mounting angle. The rubber mounts would easily accommodate an angle change so this point is moot

3. Adaptability with other frame stiffening pieces: from what I've seen that set-up won't do much to shiffen the chassis. A good set of jacking rails would be better suited for that job

4. Increased life over rubber (I have seen several rubber mounts that were shot): the soft rubber mounts are easy and inexpensive to replace.

5. Cost effective replacement: Your buying something to replace what you already have: not sure what you mean by this, the only thing that may need replacing are the rubber mounts over time

Stifflers piece may not be as strong as the OEM stamped brace however it's also overkill. It's not supporting much weight to begin with.:True statement. My floor boards are actually reinfiorced to take advantage of the strength of the OE cross member

There are many other items for this car where people choose to spend money and there is absolutely no benefit ... I do not believe this is one of those.: your entitled to that opinion

The loss of a few pounds may be justification for some but other then that I don't see a big incentive here to swap out the OE cross member. The fact that Stiffers is making it available is a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread