New Terminator owner!

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
Been pretty excited as I got my first Terminator last Friday for my bday! The wife allowed me to get on me as a work in progress and eventually something to build with my son later down the road.

I got a pretty dang good deal on a high mileage terminator that needs a little TLC. The paint will get a full detail soon since it has a ton of swirl marks. Easy fix

The only bads I've noticed so far is the car makes a really loud squealing noise whenever I floor it, which has only been twice. I'll be setting up an appt soon here in San Antonio to try and figure if the belt is slipping or if one of the pulleys needs to be replaced. It does have a smaller upper pulley branded "Motoblue", and from what I gather, they are pieces of shit so that may be my problem. Anyhow I'll be returning the pulley back to stock when I find one since this car will be driven to work every now and then.

I also noticed a Loud rear end whine at 55+mph when cruising. Rear end also seems to creak a little when taking off from a stop so that'll get addressed soon as well. I'll take some photos of her and the Shelby together soon so everyone can see.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! Seriously though, keep it pullied. It doesn't matter if you daily drive a pullied bolt on cobra.

You will thank me later.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Congrats on your purchase.
Hard to understand how many Terminators were used and abused. Sounds like yours has finally been adopted by someone that will take care of it.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Excellent purchase. Nothing is better then being able to wrench on the Cobra with your kids.

You will invent new swear words working on the Cobra.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
Congrats! Seriously though, keep it pullied. It doesn't matter if you daily drive a pullied bolt on cobra.

You will thank me later.

Congrats!, and +1 what Bdubbs said. I drive mine to work almost daily, and it's pullied. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if it wasn't. I'm in the Houston area, but maybe I'll see you around whenever I take the Cobra down to San Antonio.

I'm also jelly; I would love to own a GT500 and a Cobra at the same time. I can get a GT500 probably in a year or two, but I promised the wife I'd get something (finally) with four doors for my next car.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
the creek is normal, the whine you need to address and the squeal is most likely a pulley but other than that congrats and enjoy it. These cars never get old.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing some photos. If you haven't browsed through my Terminator FAQs, I recommend that you do. You'll find a lot of 2003-2004 Cobra specific info there.

I, as well, highly recommend that you stick with an aftermarket upper pulley. You're going to see a dramatic loss of power and torque going back to the stock upper pulley. Stick with at least the basic mods and you'll more enjoy your Cobra when you drive it. I don't know what mods you presently have, but I recommend that you consider.....
* 2.90 upper pulley (the size I recommend for you)
* 4-piece billet idler set (for more belt wrap to reduce belt slip)
* Intake (see JLT offerings, as well as K&N and Steeda)
*Catback (there are many choices)
* Midpipe (also numerous choices in both X and H type)
* Aftermarket tune (you'll want to get a new tune when you replace your upper pulley, and to ensure you've got a safe A/F)
* Lower springs (gives the car a much nice stance and appeal on the outside)

As far as other mods, take it slow so that you don't waste money on the wrong mods or unneeded mods. Enjoy your Cobra! ;)

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
Thanks for all the encouragement guys! The previous owner was a friend of the owner from the ford dealership I purchased it from. It was well taken care with the exception of the things I mentioned. I'll be taking photos Friday morning so stay tuned haha.

And I already have an appt to have the pulley issue addressed. I'll be doing light mods such as JLT, Borla stingers, probably a catted X, H&R springs. I'll be buying some shifter gaskets from you Bob lol. I have some 99/01 tail lights that I'll be putting on and also Some brembo brakes from a focus RS:)

Users who are viewing this thread