New Terminator Owner!!

Windsor_44

Established Member
After years of waiting and saving I finally bought a 2004 Terminator. Silver vert.

This car only has 13.6k miles on it and snagged it for 23k. It was sitting in a heat controlled garage. It’s in amazing shape and rides like a dream. I do have a couple questions for you guys though and I appreciate the help!

1. Should I start replacing suspension parts? Bushings, etc. I know sitting can cause issues too.

2. Any common issues that I’m not aware of? I’ve read a ton of forums and I have an idea but maybe you y’all have a better perspective.

3. The wheels are in great shape, but the back right wheel is starting to rust from the inside. I love the factory wheels and would like to keep them. Know if any place to repair that? Or is that even possible?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 5E4913F2-8082-4F4D-A1A2-569AF717D5FD.jpeg
    5E4913F2-8082-4F4D-A1A2-569AF717D5FD.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 148
  • A770D49A-C3AE-4B41-8F9F-FCD24BB245AC.jpeg
    A770D49A-C3AE-4B41-8F9F-FCD24BB245AC.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 134

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Congratulations!

As for preemptively replacing suspension parts... what do you intend to do with the car? Do you intend to keep it stock and drive it occasionally, daily drive it or mod it to make more of a race car? Your stock suspension parts should be just fine if the car was treated right with normal driving and storage. If you plan to drive the snot out of this thing, you would benefit from swapping soft rubber bushings to polly.

I am more of a collector and occasional driver of my Cobras. They all have their stock parts including original bushings. Even my 93 Cobra still rides like it is new, but I’m not taking it or the others to the track.

So, what I’m trying to say is your stock stuff is most likely still good, but if you want to drive your car hard, swapping to better parts would be beneficial.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
If it really did sit in a climate control garage you don't have to worry about parts corroding in the suspension.
To get rid of rust get a Brillo pad and some soapy water and it'll take the rust right off
What else is done to the car?

Windsor_44

Established Member
Congratulations!

As for preemptively replacing suspension parts... what do you intend to do with the car? Do you intend to keep it stock and drive it occasionally, daily drive it or mod it to make more of a race car? Your stock suspension parts should be just fine if the car was treated right with normal driving and storage. If you plan to drive the snot out of this thing, you would benefit from swapping soft rubber bushings to polly.

I am more of a collector and occasional driver of my Cobras. They all have their stock parts including original bushings. Even my 93 Cobra still rides like it is new, but I’m not taking it or the others to the track.

So, what I’m trying to say is your stock stuff is most likely still good, but if you want to drive your car hard, swapping to better parts would be beneficial.

I do plan to make it more of a weekend street car. Won’t see any track time but I do plan to make some modest power gains in the future! Thanks for the help!

Windsor_44

Established Member
Congratulations!

I really appreciate your input! It will be stock for now, but most likely going to start modifying it within a couple of years!

Windsor_44

Established Member
Just my personal preference, but I would keep the car 100% stock. There aren't many left in new condition anymore.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Your absolutely right. It’s already a beautiful car with plenty of power. I go back and forth, but will most likely leave it alone and enjoy it for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread