new third brake light

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
Just got a new third brake light for Christmas and was wondering if there is a way to keep them from cracking before I install it??

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I wouldn't worry about doing that just don't over-tighten and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93VORTECH

Established Member
Leave screws a tad loose. Light will have very little play but won't crack. My 3rd Brake light is 14 years old and still looks brand new.

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
Sounds good guys thanks for the info I'm going to put it on tomorrow and hope it holds up

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
All good advice on keeping the screws loose. I stopped tightening mine right when the head made contact. I also never slam the trunk.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I also never close it by the spoiler or slam it and mine isn't broken. I have heard that wheel hop has claimed a few 3rd brake light victims as well...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Leave screws a tad loose. Light will have very little play but won't crack. My 3rd Brake light is 14 years old and still looks brand new.
This is excellent advice. Just be sure to use a small drop of blue threadlocker which will prevent the screws from backing out if they're a bit loose. You'll be fine.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I also never close it by the spoiler or slam it and mine isn't broken. I have heard that wheel hop has claimed a few 3rd brake light victims as well...

Same here I actually grab mine by the latch, then put my hands in the license plate and gently shut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread