new to me 2008 GT500

makevelie187

Established Member
I originally bought this car to sell it and make a few bills, but after driving it for a week i absolutely have fallen in love with it, and am now keeping it. So much for an investment :rolling:

2008 GT500, 26k, magnaflow catback and it is so quiet I though it was stock. I believe it has an aftermarket intake? can some one clarify that in the picture below (and i know the engine bay and filter need to be clean). Alpine double din dash, I pod hook up, and backup camera. The previous owner was an older gentleman, and took such good care of this car, always garaged!

Is the front lowered at all? My neighbor has one and his front looks a tad bit higher. All of this for 26k:banana:
original4.jpg
[/IMG]
original3.jpg
[/IMG]
original2.jpg
[/IMG]
original1.jpg
[/IMG]
original.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_8112_zpsc67dcd37.jpg
[/IMG]

MurderedOut

RIP
Established Member
Nice, wondering how you bought it for that price, id definitely sell if you did.

Maybe salvage title or something?

HOLY DIRTY ENGINE BAY

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Looks great. I'd sell it and use the profit for a down payment on a '13...you think you love this, you'll think you were driving a fox body after you get in the '13.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
price is prob that low cause of the mileage but still a great price. Best color too. congrats man. Thats the FRPP intake btw. Hard to tell if its lowered. Your mirrors have been painted and it also has a shortie antenna.

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
price is prob that low cause of the mileage but still a great price. Best color too. congrats man. Thats the FRPP intake btw. Hard to tell if its lowered. Your mirrors have been painted and it also has a shortie antenna.

it only has 26k? :shrug:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
it only has 26k? :shrug:

mine has 9k. cars with less than 10k miles that are basically stock sell for $32-$33k. 26k miles is high for these. Heck, there are a lot of terminators with less miles. I'd expect this car to sell for around $28-29k. $26k is low but not redicously low imo.

R1Lello

Established Member
at 26k......good deal !!! but you said you were buying it for an investment?? you just bought at 'Shelby' at less than half it's original price.......what's that tell you? in it's 7th year of production, a shelby is not an investment.

Just drive and enjoy, cars are terrible investments

Congrats

makevelie187

Established Member
It looks like it may be lower than stock..:shrug:

$26k?! How did you score that kind of deal??:dw:
A bankruptcy auction very rarely do these kind of deals come around but i am always looking. My buddy picked up a 04 vert cobra triple black, immaculate condition with 14k miles on it for 16k earlier this year. But like i said they very rarely happen.

Nice, wondering how you bought it for that price, id definitely sell if you did.
Maybe salvage title or something?

HOLY DIRTY ENGINE BAY
Nope clean title, i car faxed it prior, it was serviced at a local dealership its whole life
Looks great. I'd sell it and use the profit for a down payment on a '13...you think you love this, you'll think you were driving a fox body after you get in the '13.
I'd love to do that but i am going to have to sell this and my 350z for a nice down payment to purchase a house this spring/summer
at 26k......good deal !!! but you said you were buying it for an investment?? you just bought at 'Shelby' at less than half it's original price.......what's that tell you? in it's 7th year of production, a shelby is not an investment.

Just drive and enjoy, cars are terrible investments

Congrats

Maybe "investment" was the wrong word to use. I purchased it for 26k, i could easily sell it for 27-28 or even 29k right now as it sits. I spent 3 hours of my time: going to the bank, getting the money, driving to pick up the car, and returning home with it. So for even 1-2 or 3 thousand dollars for 3 hours of work and i can have the luxury of driving it around for a few months is definitely worth it to me.

Although i am going to wait until spring to sell it since the market is much better then. But instead of outright selling it now i'll wait until march/april.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, enjoy the limited time you'll have to drive it. Nice looking GT-500. You didn't mention cleaning it up/detailing it, so I'll highly recommend that you do that soon. Certainly before you re-sell it. That engine bay is filthy dirty, and a future buyer will note that right away, and you'll likely take a hit dollar wise. A few hours spent detailing this car will pay dividends today and down the road, assuming you keep up with it.

Users who are viewing this thread