New True Forged wheels are on. Lots of pics.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
saved some of the pics, but why do the side steps look like they have been in the sun for 50 years with no protection?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Well I put a few miles on these tires and wheels and couldn't be happier.

They ride very close to as smooth as the 18s did.

Maybe even smoother on the freeway.:rockon:

Thanks again Steve. "SVT4SVT"

L.L.:beer::beer:

bostonboss

Established Member
what size are the tires you're running larry?

I have to get new tires soon, and if I can find some wheels I like (I am very picky) at a decent price I would like to move up to 20s while I am at it.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I tried and he hasnt gotten back with me :(

It's the weekend. He'll get back to you.:beer:

what size are the tires you're running larry?

I have to get new tires soon, and if I can find some wheels I like (I am very picky) at a decent price I would like to move up to 20s while I am at it.

295x40x20 and 275x35x20 I am very suprised at how smooth they ride and handle.

Much much better than the Goodyear 20s that were on my 00 Harley F-150. They SUCKED!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
It's the weekend. He'll get back to you.:beer:

295x40x20 and 275x35x20 I am very suprised at how smooth they ride and handle.

Much much better than the Goodyear 20s that were on my 00 Harley F-150. They SUCKED!

oh i emailed shortly after you posted brother LOL
However I havent been activly looking for the email since ive been waiting for a guy at work to receive his package of elephant shit...

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Larry by any chance do you know what they weigh?

approximately 28lbs each (without tires). i weighed my 22s off my f150 (with tires mounted) against a set of stock Harley wheels. my 22s weighed approximately 20lbs less (tires on both sets). if you go with 2 piece and no assembly bolts (optional) then you can shave off about another 2lbs or so per wheel. BUT, 2 piece wheels limit your range of widths to 8" and 10". anything else is $$$ so you might as well just go with 3 piece because its no extra cost.

what is the finish on the center piece. brushed or painted silver its hard to tell.

theyre brushed aluminum with polished lips. the brushed offsets the SB very well. it doesnt take away from the beautiful SB paint and doesnt add too much bling to go with it. i remember seeing a SB L locally on BIG chrome 22s. it was a bright/sunny summer day and it blinded the hell out of me, lol.

a set like this, for SVTp members, would start at $2900 in polished finish.
add $50 per wheel for powdercoated centers
or
add $75 per wheel for brushed centers (like LL's)
or
add $125 per wheel for ALL chrome wheels.

polished lips are standard, chrome lips are $75 per wheel extra.

we can also do a lot more custom stuff like painted to match centers, powdercoated lips and assembly bolts and center caps and even brushed lips.

our prices for svtp members may be going up a little in the near future so dont wait too long. only need $500 deposit to get an order started :beer:

they take anywhere from 4 weeks on the short side to 8 weeks on the long. extra 2 weeks for chrome or custom paint.

we can make you a staggered set like LL's or make the front and rears the same if you want to be able to rotate them. iirc, you can put 12" wide rears without having to relocate anything.

if youre interested in ordering a set or have any questions, email me at [email protected]

or call me at 818-357-2531.

steve

oh, and LL, its SVT4STV as in STEVE :thumbsup:

bostonboss

Established Member
hmm, a little steeper than a poor college student like me would like, but they are obviously very high quality pieces, and still cheaper than other wheels I had looked at in the past.

what if I wanted to get 20x20 all around as opposed to Larry's that are staggered? Would that still be $2900, or more?

What if I wanted the 20x12 rears? How much would that add to the cost?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
hmm, a little steeper than a poor college student like me would like, but they are obviously very high quality pieces, and still cheaper than other wheels I had looked at in the past.

what if I wanted to get 20x20 all around as opposed to Larry's that are staggered? Would that still be $2900, or more?

What if I wanted the 20x12 rears? How much would that add to the cost?

you mean 20x10? same price. no additional costs up to 10.5"

to go with 12" in the rears, its $50 more per wheel.

larry, try putting some peanut butter on those steps. the oil in it does wonders for plastic parts.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
mmm i dont know about those rims. In some pics i dont like it and the others it's ok. I guess it's something id have to see in person.

Either way it's very nice to see someone with an L have rims they really like. IMO it's hard to shop for rims on an L and make them look good.

NJ SILVERBULLET

Established Member
I think those wheels look great on your truck L.L. Those look like the "Chicane" wheels to me...I would like something very similar for my '01 silver Lightning...I e-mailed Steve about a price for the "Sebring" wheels in 20x9 & 20x11 with the centers powder-coated silver...hopefully I can make it happen.:rockon:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I think those wheels look great on your truck L.L. Those look like the "Chicane" wheels to me...I would like something very similar for my '01 silver Lightning...I e-mailed Steve about a price for the "Sebring" wheels in 20x9 & 20x11 with the centers powder-coated silver...hopefully I can make it happen.:rockon:

Go for it.:rockon: You'll love them. But I would reccomend 9.5 and 11.

Users who are viewing this thread