New TVS 2.3 Cobra owner!

VasiliosK

Established Member
Sick man, nice to see the car progress from where it was a few years ago.. Glad your still enjoying her.

It has come a long way since i first got it! Been a blast!! Thanks.

Billy needs to bring it to my track rental now so he can get his 10 second timeslip

Jay I want to but still got to get those sub frame connectors installed and some better tires to hold the power... I'm slackin :kaboom:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
Not sure what your trying to say?

my impression of what he is meaning....is that TVS is impressive, but that some of the great numbers some are reporting are E85 tuned.....similar comboes with whipple & E85 are not to far off. 04sleeper is a perfect example of E85 2.3 whipple.....IIRC correctly he was on stock manifolds as well....so his 20+lbs of boost would actually be approx 2lbs less with LT's than many TVS owners have in their sigs that are putting out big numbers.

to sum it up....the TVS is new & great blower, but many who swap from a whipple, are upgrading in other areas as well....E85, LT's etc... also some time needs to pass, to see if these tunes are a bit on the aggressive side & start seeing motor failures that are seen with many chasing the big hp numbers.:beer:

if my car was stock, my first blower choice would be a TVS....but I have no plans of swapping for 50ftlbs of torque that would probably result in roasting more DR's than I do now.:burnout::burnout:

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
my impression of what he is meaning....is that TVS is impressive, but that some of the great numbers some are reporting are E85 tuned.....similar comboes with whipple & E85 are not to far off. 04sleeper is a perfect example of E85 2.3 whipple.....IIRC correctly he was on stock manifolds as well....so his 20+lbs of boost would actually be approx 2lbs less with LT's than many TVS owners have in their sigs that are putting out big numbers.

to sum it up....the TVS is new & great blower, but many who swap from a whipple, are upgrading in other areas as well....E85, LT's etc... also some time needs to pass, to see if these tunes are a bit on the aggressive side & start seeing motor failures that are seen with many chasing the big hp numbers.:beer:

if my car was stock, my first blower choice would be a TVS....but I have no plans of swapping for 50ftlbs of torque that would probably result in roasting more DR's than I do now.:burnout::burnout:

I have been running a TVS since 2008 on my stock motor.
Still going strong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread